a different kind of TF series

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by supernova222, Dec 20, 2016.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, I had an idea for a different kind of TF series. I got the idea when I just watched the comedy sci-fi movie “Ice Pirates”, which I definitely recommend watching. Anyway, it gave me an idea for tf series, where the autobots are a small rogue group against a larger decepticon military, which, aside from beats machines or DOTM, hasn’t really been explored to full potential. So, here is my idea…

The galaxy is mostly dominated by the Quintesson empire, and the Decepticons, led by Megatron, are their primary enforcers. Escaping from Cybertron, one of the empires’ primary planets, the autobots become a rogue pirate crew to survive and eventually rebel against the decepticon and quintesson forces controlling their homeworld.

It just seemed like something new that could be explored and maybe be a kinda cool new concept. any thoughts or opinions?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    I like it.

But why involve the Quints?

3. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    to have a larger darker threat than just the cons military strength, kinda like the sith and the separatists in the newer star wars lore

4. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    The question is, how different would it be from the series we've already had, functionally?

We've had shows where the Decepticons have a larger military presence than the Autobots (genericons and such). And the Autobot teams are almost always a motley crew of goofballs and warriors in much the same way as a lot of "rebel-resistance" type teams in fiction are. What about this different story setup would fundamentally change the narrative?

5. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you know what, you're right.

after a few weeks i juts came back and read it, and from what u said, ur right. its crap. aside from the setting, it is the same as every other tf show, especially in the last 10+ years. i shouldnt have wasted a thread on this.

6. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    Whoa, slow down there. My comment was not a slight on your concept, I was just asking. No need to self-depreciate like that.

7. T-Wrecks

T-Wrecks Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's right. You can pretty much see that in 'Animated', which is one reason not to like it.

8. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i disagree, in TFA the sides are pretty even when it comes to numbers., the cons are just bigger and tougher while the bots are smaller, not built for battle and have special abilities.

9. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

I'd watch this show. I like the idea. But then, what can I say, I LOVE Ice Pirates.

Perhaps it could be made different enough if the Autobots in this story were much more rogue-like? Less moral high ground, more gray areas?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I second this, Autobot Rogues sounds amazing. An opening scene featuring a team of Autobots thieving from a rich Decepticon fat-cat (or from anyone, really) would be wholly unique and just plain cool.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Militarist

Militarist Member

To deal with the state, which controls several planetary systems, and liberate your homeworld, you need these things:

- an ideology;
    - military forces;
    - resources.

If Autobots have the only one planet, than their rebellion will be crashed with ease.