A crowdfunded Marvel UK run?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Deruji, Jan 29, 2019.

?

Would you help crowdfound...

1. ...a continuation of IDW's Transformers Classics UK collection?

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. ...a new complete reprint of Marvel UK?

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. Deruji

Deruji 小説家と翻訳者とアニメーター

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    If the opportunity presented itself, would you help crowdfound a project for IDW to continue their Transformers Classics Marvel UK collection or would you like to see a new project (a la Marvel Omnibus or Peanuts Complete Collection) for a complete reprint of the Marvel UK run, albeit without extras?

2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    A complete reprint, easily.

I don't want a continuation, there was more than enough content and then Eugenesis to serve as an 'ending'.

3. Deruji

Deruji 小説家と翻訳者とアニメーター

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    With continuation I meant for IDW to continue releasing the UK Collection, since apparently they cancelled it before Vol. 6 was released.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

How about Eugenesis in comic form?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

I'd only pay for a complete reprint if they actually rescanned the US issues in better quality, with the UK edits. Given they used the subpar Classics recolor for the "Definitive" collection though that's pretty unlikely. But if there was something I could do to speed along Classics UK Volume 6 I definitely would.
    TMUK made a comic of Another Time & Place and it ended up being 40% narration boxes, I only imagine Eugenesis would be even more wordy. I'd love to see some supplementary illustrations for it though.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TCJJ

TCJJ 116% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    At this point, a continuation would be more than fine. At least get it finished before worrying about doing a better-quality version. A complete reprint done in better quality, etc. would be nice, sure, but the more important part is just getting the stories reprinted. It should be a crime that they cancelled the rest of the Marvel UK reprints, because as far as I'm aware, you'd have to track down the original issues to read the rest (or get digital copies, probably illegally since I doubt anyone but IDW has the rights to sell them these days anyway).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, Titan reprinted all the B&W stories (in smaller "digest"-sized versions) and the other missing stories (Space Pirates, Time Wars) have all been reprinted. And the current G1 Definitive Collection partwork has also reprinted the B&W stories in colour.

So, at this point, everything Marvel UK (barring some later Annual stories) has been reprinted - but across various publishers, sizes and formats. A definitive reprint series in the same format would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think Hachette are slowly covering reprints of all UK stuff (along with Dreamwave and others), as a bonus the black and white strips are getting coloured.

I'm happy to let the UK continuity end with Another Time and Place / Last Days of Optimus Prime. Regeneration One demonstrated that you can go back to that era and tell new stories but they'll never have the same magic as back then.

• Like Like x 1