A BW Live-Action Tv Show ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by sevenlima, May 6, 2021.

1. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Umm ... you do realize Cheetor's "gut gun" is partly called that because it has intestines molded onto it, right?

• Like Like x 1
  2. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Did you mean...The Lion King remake?

3. Zetca

Zetca Banned

Isn’t there a possibility that one of the upcoming movies will be Live Action Beast Wars? The Animal Alliance codename one?

4. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

I had an idea to make a story arc around animal research facilities that became infested with cyberforming nanites. Imagine Planet of the Apes level mocap-CG but then a little under-the-skin light-up action and strategic zoom-ins of roboticized parts, zoom out to get the big robot modes and let the mind fill in the rest.

So yeah, David Kronenberg meets the army of the 12 monkeys meets Jumanji. Oh, and let Luc Besson direct it. I'd watch that.

5. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think he meant “Beatles Wars”. Haha...

• Like Like x 1
  6. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    OK, so I read this and thought: "how would that even work?"

But the idea intrigued me, and so:

What if filming was done on location, in Kenya or somewhere like that? What if it was a lot of Mo-Cap, like Planet of the Apes? A good family-movie, with a heart to it. Maximal underdogs, accidentally end up in the path of Predacon criminals and fall with them to Earth. Near the landing site is energon and a prehistoric tribe of people, basically between Megatron and the all the Energon he'll ever need. The Maximals and the Predacons are feared by the humans, but eventually they join forces with the prehistoric humans and build, a trap or something? Or spend the whole movie trying to preserve the "cradle of humanity"?

That might make for a half-decent film.

Also, Maximising and Terrorising would HAVE to involve splitting heads open and rhino heads opening too wide etc. etc. don't whimp out on us here. Kids love that sort of thing.

Although, the CG physics: every time Primal leaped or ran or moved quickly, his gorilla parts would sort of move around the robot parts. Like the Hulk's muscles OVER Iron Man's armour... that would be weird.

Also Dinobot and Megatron would be feathered.

7. AStreetcarNamedWheeljack

AStreetcarNamedWheeljack Well-Known Member

The only way they could do a 'live-action' version would involve a lot of next level work. Especially with the characters themselves. You might be able to design costumes for the beast modes, but the transformations and robot modes are going to be borderline impossible. Beast Wars is great, but the transformation sequences were lazy. No attempt to hide shapeshifting/teleporting parts was made. Just look at Dinobot's transformation.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maybe a partnership between Mainframe studios with Atmosphere Visual Effects company ?

9. Lola

Lola Soap

[​IMG]
    Damn that looks badass, it's so fluffy, kind of like a bear or a tiger.
    [​IMG] Elephant or Hippo like T-rex is cool as well.
    [​IMG]
    This one looks more eagle like, very majestic.
    [​IMG]
    This looks so much like a real animal it's crazy.

As long as it's not ...
    [​IMG] this outdated thing.
    Also, I think Megatron would have to be a darker purple-gray if he ever had a realistic CG Design. No problem in cartoons but in a realistic looking environment, bright purple just looks weird. Thanos was changed for that reason as well (infinity war)

• Like Like x 2
  10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I mean, the live-action movies cheat as well. Just look at Bumblebee from, uh, Bumblebee. I think his overall aesthetic and transformation philosophy would not only perfectly match BW with its more rounded, organic shapes, but be easier to hide "morphing" of parts that are already organically styled better than 90% of the VW beetle just vanishing betweeen modes.

That really is one of the best T. Rex recreations I've ever seen. It's also very unlikely T. Rex had a full coat of feathers, as much like modern day elephants of rhinos, the environment would've discouraged a creature that large from being covered entirely. They would've served little purpose beyond overheating in an already hot a humid ecosystem. Like the aforementioned pachyderms it probably had very little as an adult, if any.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lola

Lola Soap

well Lions exist, so sexual display would have been an option. It also wasn't as hot as a lot of people think it was. But yeah the most likely answer would be featherless, maybe a little bit of a feather coat similar to elephants.

12. sevenlima

Ebay:
    Animals will be easier/cheaper because we wouldn't need paid stuntmen to drive the vehicles

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You'd just need paid animal handlers and exotic, difficult to work with animals. Animals would not be easier or cheaper. There's plenty of stuntmen in Hollywood, not plenty of animal trainers.

Plus most of the animals in Beast Wars are either illegal to own or don't exist, or don't exist at that scale. Animals also can't act, so you'd have to CGI most of it anyway.

And are a fraction of the size of T. Rex.

It's not that feathers were precluded by the environment alone, but the environment plus their size. Body heat builds exponentially as the animal's size increases. Plenty of dinosaurs had feathers at smaller sizes, but T. Rex was really big.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Don't try to use logic or reason with sevenlima. That's an exercise in futility right there.

15. Lola

Lola Soap

So was Yutyrannus. While they are still smaller than T-rex, both of these animals lived in enviroments that weren't that much different. My Point wasn't that T-rex had feathers because Lions had hair. My point was that male lions have manes despite it overheating them a lot. And I just wanted to add that if T.Rex had some sort of covering, it may have been for sexual selection. I still think Sue is the most accurate depiction of a T-rex, still I will no completely disregard the notion that large Tyrannosaurids may have had a sparse coat of feathers on them.

16. sevenlima

Ebay:
    Exactly, just like from the last Dolittle movie.

Last edited: May 13, 2021