A big word: SCALE

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Brenttoo, Mar 16, 2009.

1. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    to be honest, i liked that about animated, the figures were pretty much in scale, voyager prime, leader megs, leader magnus, shockwave, starscream etc

• Like Like x 2
  2. Brenttoo87

Brenttoo87 Member

Salutations, ladies and gentlemen.

I started this thread FOURTEEN years ago. With a different username, of course.

But look how far we've come. Not to toot my own horn, but we can see now that I was literally describing what we now enjoy to be the Studio Series line.

All in scale with one another. All with beautiful conversions. And nearly 100% inclusive to every bot to appear on screen.

This is by no means an "I told you so". It's just an acknowledgement of how powerful the collector customer base has become; despite how many voices of opposition I was met with when I pitched the idea. Many said it was unrealistic, yet here we are.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shinzero02

Shinzero02 Well-Known Member

My only issue with Studio Series scaling so far is how smaller bots are treated. SS RotF Arcee/Chromia/Elita-1 came out as a total micro mess sold as a single deluxe that honestly needs a total redo as three separate figures. Bumblebee Arcee turned out great because they didn't have an official alt mode to force a scale on her that would've messed with her bot mode detail. Now RotB Arcee has a dirt bike alt mode that makes her scale weird in both forms (though maybe that has something to do with Wheeljack's scaling as well). I'd shiver to think what a SS figure of the Decepticon bike bot from TLK would look like because he was small even in bot mode.

Meanwhile SS86 Wreckgar is a bike but voyager sized. Though most of the SS86 crew seem hearty regardless of their price point/size.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Junkions have always been portrayed as Transformers-scaled motorcycles, big enough for a burly guy like Springer to ride. They were never small.

Scale is still fudged, just not as wildly as it used to be. Robot-mode scale takes precedence, even if it renders vehicles completely out of whack. And they can only go so far as what the size classes/price points allow for, rather than any sort of hard math.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    The mother of all threadcromancy, right here.

• Like Like x 3