A Bayformers Christmas Thread: Santa Bot!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Galvatross, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Galvatross

Galvatross Dreklord of Ogremarr Veteran

Back when then untitled Transformers 4 was filming in 2013, a pole face used in production was spotted on set. The pole face was of a bearded Transformer with a friendly-looking face smoking a cigar. Many fans instantly detested the new face and declared it an abomination, although some others, myself included, loved it! Either way, the pole face became christened "Santa Bot" by some fans.

Speculation abounded. Some feared that it might even have been Grimlock, but the most common guess, and the one that ended up being correct, was Hound.

I love the character of AoE Hound, but what if he really was Santa Bot? Now let me state that I do not think Hound is meant to be a robotic Santa Clause, but let's just have fun with the idea and see how Movieverse Hound could be viewed as some sort of robotic Santa Clause!

Obviously, Hound doesn't resemble the traditional depiction of Santa. Santa lives at the North Pole and travels on Christmas Eve around the world on a sled drawn by flying reindeer to give presents to all the good children of the human race, while Hound initially dislikes humans, because of how some humans have treated the Autobots, even though he eventually comes to view the Yeagers as comrades worth his line on the life for. Nonetheless, not all versions of Santa are just like the "classic" version of Santa, and perhaps one of these versions of Santa more closely resembles Bay's version of Hound.

There is indeed a version of Santa that perhaps does: South Park Santa Clause!

For one, both versions are more violent than existing versions of their characters. Hound and South Park Santa both use multiple weapons to kill their enemies. Santa uses guns against Iraqi terrorists and Satanic woodland critters and smashes the Antichrist using a sledgehammer, and Hound uses guns, his knife, and even his helmet against Galvatron's Decepticons. They both have foul mouths at times, with Santa using the f-word on Jesus during a duet and Hound using the b-word.

Speaking of "b*tch," they're both willing to use lethal force on individuals who do things to them that are unpleasant, but not deadly. South Park Santa shoots an Iraqi who electrocuted him after Jesus tells him not to. Hound shoots the caged alien who spat on him, even though Crosshairs warned him not to bother the alien to begin with.

Most importantly, despite their violent, foul-mouthed, and vengeful moments, both Hound and Santa are still good at heart. Santa brings Christmas via festive missiles to the people of Iraq after his ordeals and brings back the old, and he uses magic dust to bring back the mother mountain lion to life. Hound genuinely cares about his leader, mourn for Leadfoot and is also willing to put his life on the line for his new human allies.

Yeah, they're not exactly the same, and I don't think the resemblance is intentional, but if you're going to have fun, you can certainly imagine that AoE Hound is a Cybertronian Santa Clause! And that's key to being a Transformers fan that too many forget: having fun.

Are there any other robots or characters in the Bay films or Bumblebee who could be Santa Clause or Santa Bot or some other Christmas-inspired character?

Merry Christmas, and have a Shrektastic New Year!

• Like Like x 2
  2. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I think Jetfire would qualify as a Santa bot. He's old, bearded, wise enough, and gifted his own parts away to save the world.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Galvatross

Totally! And he does teleport the humans and Autobots to the Middle East...you know, where the origins of Christmas are? Plus, the Matrix of Leadership disintegrates, looking like the coal Santa places in the stockings of naughty children.

And speaking of Santa Bot, what if the Original Trilogy Decepticons are part of "A Nightmare Before Christmas" with their alien designs. Blackout, Frenzy, Barricade, Sideways, and the Protoforms could be denizens of Halloween Town, some even with skull-like faces. Then AoE is Christmas with Hound as Santa Bot, and Galvatron and his Decepticons are like shiny new evil Christmas toys. Even the cubes they transform via are like boxes one puts Christmas presents in!

Then maybe Quintessa is like some ghost of Christmas past, because she supposedly is some ancient being who plays a role in their creation, but we've never seen her before...because she's a spooky ghost! That explains how she isn't destroyed by either Prime or Bumblebee!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  6. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan The Sept of Kaon

News Credits:
    I guess as Bumblebee was a gift to G1 fans, bays movie could well be the nightmare before Christmas! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Galvatross

Well, the time of the year is right, but if anything, I don't think Bumblebee is Christmas. I think Bumblebee is Shrek. He has Shrek's figure and Shrek's ears, and like the people who live in Shrek's world, Sector 7 judges Bumblebee before they even know him!

8. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:

:lol 

Santa Bot's packin heavy this year! I feel sorry for allll the bad little boys and girls.

• Like Like x 1