A+02 Mudmouth - Animated Mixmaster

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by masishadow, Jun 3, 2016.

1. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not interested in the Constructicons, but I really, really hope these do well. All I want is a Leader Lugnut..

2. bkz

bkz Deceptifiend

Im gonna support these guys and hopefully they can make the following 14 scouts from a great basic bumblebee design and a some remolding for the others....

Attached Files:

3. JBrock

JBrock Well-Known Member

I want both.

4. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This really does look good!
    I must admit that I'm hoping they make some scout class Bumblebee recolor/remolds as well
    And actually quite a few other characters too (I REALLY want someone to make that animated Hot Shot toy, it looks amazing)

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    As much as I usually don't care for 3rd party, that Mixmaster is actually rather fine.

6. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu City Commander

And only 2 out of 3 Constructions announced! (Right? I don't know if a Scrapper has been announced or not.)

I sure hope it is too. :)  So far so good I guess.

7. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Holy Darwin. Is that official artwork? Did they seriously, lazily just add a few details and new faces to those 14 people? Holy sheesh.

So happy I have negative interest in Animated. But for your guys' sake, I hope they do well so you get more. Options are always good!

8. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

Man, Animated was the last good Transformers show. I miss it like crazy, even though the designs were a bit hard to swallow at first.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    It's rather ingenious once you actually have context. In-universe, they all share the same basic body frame since they were produced at a factory, that body frame's serial number actually being the original Animated Bumblebee toy's UPC listing. Wasp (pre-Waspinator) exploits this fact in one episode to simply repaint himself and steal Bumblebee's helmet to effectively look almost exactly like Bumblebee.

Plus, let's be totally fair, what are most retools in Transformers other than slapping on a few details and new heads on the same toys? Most of those listed in the picture are characters repainted/retooled from the G1 Bumblebee or Cliffjumper molds - Tap-out, Bumper, Sedan (think he was a Brazil-only variant), Hubcap, Furao (also Brazil), Carrera (not sure but the head similarity to CJ's implies this character is from him) and Glyph. The others are Throttlebots who were fairly small and so logically would fit in as well.

The only exception is Wasp, who was done up as such to be kind of an evil Bumblebee counterpart wanting revenge for the yellow egotist (unintentionally) ruining his life, and of course he does become a real bugboy in the end (complete with being exploded to pieces).

I will admit I was an early hater of the show but once you get past the extreme styling it is a fantastic narrative that knows how to hit hilarious highs as well as shocking depths - the Autobots as an organization have never looked as gray in morality as they do in Animated and outright committed borderline war crimes to defeat the Cons.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  10. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As Megatron said, "I'd have waited an eternity for this". :D  Finally some USEFUL third party, namely stuff Hasbro doesn't touch with a 10-foot pole these days. I am glad that with Dirt Boss and now Mixmaster, we are finally getting the Constructicons!

11. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't wait for my Animated shelf to start growing again. G1 may of started this obsession, but Animated man. The Constructicons too, great first choices. :D 

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Those are just crowd-fillers, though, and the gag is that each one of them was a spin on the G1 Bumblebee/Cliffjumper/Hubcap mould in G1 as a European variant, redeco, exclusive or something. Of those fourteen, only three were actual characters in the cartoon. (Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Wasp, the lattermost sharing Bee's body was a plot point) The rest only recieved any recognition from the Almanac.

And it's worth pointing out that there's scads of original non-repaint characters also used for crowd scenes, (who sometimes have more intricate designs than the main characters) so it's not laziness at all, it's just homage.

13. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    agreed! Like your avatar man is that a Jazz you created/customed? Or if not which Jazz is thst ?

:lol 

I wouldnt call it absence more then horrible choices if characters. Don't get me wrong I even BOUGHT the Animated Mario bros/Huffer Pipes. But it still.doesnt mean they weren't rediculous choices to test the waters for whay Animated could actually sell.

I miss it too man. But I also loved the optimus design they first showed that really shows off his 2D faceplate

14. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    Like Dirt Boss, bought.
    Animated FTW!

15. Chronix

Chronix Well-Known Member

Head looks spot on so far, really excited for this.

Although why is DirtBoss so big?
    (That's LEADER Bulkhead there btw)

16. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

These will be the first Transformers I've bought since the Generations Beast Wars stuff.

17. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not that far off.

18. lipster

lipster Member

Dirt Boss looked great and this guy looks good of what we can see. I wonder if they will create Devastator?
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/224672-animated-devastator.html

It would be pretty cool. Also hope they break copy right law and have the decepticon emblem and like I saw other say on the web electronic voice over with head master (clips from the show). That might be a first for 3rd party.

Bring on Scrapper!

P.S. Hope these guys don't kill my wallet!

19. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

I remember in the Almanac (I think it was in the Almanac?) that DJW said they toyed with the notion of having Bulkhead be an unwilling part of Devastator in season 4. I really wish he'd draw up his idea of what Dev would have looked like one of these days. Not to mention ... so much else. :) 

20. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    No thanks.