7 Autobots, 7 Decepticons for BotCon 2008

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xZAOx, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    As long as Megatron is not a minicon, I will be happy.

2. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Getting 4 minicons isn't that big of a deal considering instead of 2 packs were essentially getting 3 packs. The box set instead of containing 5 figures like last year now has 6. I'm just curious who the 7th decepticon will be and if he'll be in a 3rd souvenier set.

3. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    An interesting idea, but if true, I really hope BotCon announces before the convention that a third set will be available, because otherwise, I'm guessing a lot of folks won't have brought enough money!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  4. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I'm still holding out hope for a third set (CD Scattorshot redeco maybe?), but until I see it, it seems that there are a lot of signs that point toward four mini-cons.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:

Shows how different fan opinions can be. I love the Superlink Ultra version and I'm honestly quite disapointed in the Energon leader version. The larger size does not suit the mold, nor does it look that good (IMHO) displayed with other figures. The Superlink Ultra on the other hand, looks great on display, and is one of my favorite TF molds of all time.

I'm kind of surprised that by this point we haven't seen the Botcon version yet.

6. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't see how they're that different to matter. I'm guessing we get the 3pack of predators, and Arm Wheeljack's minicon, making one of the packs *technically* have 2 minicons. You guess we get 3 random minicons, and Arm Wheeljack's minicon, making an extra minicon that we don't know where it comes from. It's really splitting hairs, and as far as "what list you build from", it makes no real difference (4 minicons, 2 deluxes, 1 voyager).

I'm betting that darthconvoy just got told molds, or maybe saw pictures, and chances are Arm Wheeljack had his minicon in place, so you wouldn't see it separately.

(Btw - in less than 2 months now, be prepared for a possible TOLDJA! ;-) )

7. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Largely, they're not, except your original list had both of the following:
    Which I've already argued could be redundant. At least by positing the possibility of Blurr's Mini-Con, I got around that. Of course, the current trend (which you also seem to go for) is the Predator Mini-Cons. I still see no real reason to expect any reason to assume that any of the post-Armada-era 3-packs must stay together. They're not gang-molded, so there's no real reason (other than potential personal preference) to keep the set together.

But, hey, if that's what actually happens, it's cool enough. I just wouldn't be so quick to assume it's what's happening. Based on what we have, it's only possible.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    K, so I guess the one on my shelf shrunk huh? He stands head to head with them. I'll give you that based on his weight (he is a heavty toy) and wingspan he may have more incommon with an Ultra than a Voyager, but based on his robot mode he's definently the same size as most of the Voyagers in Energon. And, frankly, Scorponok is small for an Ultra in robot mode.

Also, HLJ is not the end all be all of TF pricing. So, posting links with prices from an online store doesn't exactly show what it was going for at retail. And, from what I understand, he was priced inbetween what we would consider an Ultra & Voyager at retail over there.

Now, enough of this foolishness and back on topic... so seven bots and seven cons huh? I'm going to throw my hate into the lot with those saying that we're getting Cybertron Blurr with no minicon the other two animals that were released in Classics with Razorclaw's mold and Windsheer (though he may be renamed as he's being paired off with Sideswipe apparently).

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Oh I agree. It's not that big a deal when you consider that we're getting two Voyagers in the boxset. I could see them doing a 3rd souvenier set, but that doesn't really fit with the comments that Pete made IMPO. Though, I wouldn't complain if they did, but my wallet might if I like the figures as I'll have to nab them on the aftermarket.

10. musitards

musitards Banned

Do you think Megatron will be painted heroic red, blue and silver?

11. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Why is Sideswipe a Decepticon?

12. musitards

musitards Banned

Maybe he will be Punch/Counterpunch?

13. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Where'd this come from?

14. musitards

musitards Banned

A car with 2 faction symbols... Dunno, just an idea. Maybe a head with 2 faces?

15. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    Very good point. While a small quantity are made, it still counts as a BotCon character.

lemme update the list

Autobots:
    1. Prime
    2. Grimlock
    3. Goldbug
    4. Jazz
    5. Ricochet
    6. Rodimus
    7. Blurr

Decepticons:
    1. Starscream
    2. Megatron
    3. Razorclaw
    4. Mini-con from Megs/Roddy 2 pack
    5. Mini-con from Blurr/Sideswipe 2 pack (Sideswipe's minicon?)
    6. Sideswipe
    7. custom-class deluxe Decepticon (maybe Cybertron Unicron into Bludgeon??)

16. MrBlud

MrBlud Defender of the G1 Faith

But does it really?

I mean Overkill wasn't even in the Classicverse litho. Course neither was Alpha Trion...

I'd be really doubtful that the custom figure enters into the equation in that manner.

Still, stranger things have happened.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think we've all had this discussion already, except replace "Superlink Galvatron" with "Animated Bulkhead", who MUST be a Deluxe, since he's the height of one. :) 

18. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    interesting, I wonder if they will run out of these before the event as well?

19. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    Really? Heh-heh, a big reason for my statement was that I was sure Overkill Was in the Lithograph. (shame on me, I had it on my apartment wall for 6 months, I shoulda bin surer :eek: )

But you make a good point about Alpha Trion. Non-Litholy, but he's still gatta count as a BotCon exculsive.

Was Overkill in the collector's club Classics comic? And/or did he have a profile?

20. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Sorry, you are wrong. He was an Ultra, not a Voyager. Look at Landmine and Bulkhead too, who are Ultras. Their robot modes are kind of small too, smaller than Galvatron's/Megatron's. He is an Ultra.

I don't know how much more evidence you need. And HLJ IS the end all of TF pricing when it comes to Japan as they always charge retail price for their figures, they are never over priced. What they pay in Japan at say Toys 'R Us is what you pay at HLJ. I don't know why you insist on this when the figure is clearly an Ultra and not some in between size.
    http://tfarchive.com/toys/checklists/energon_superlink.php
    Further proof of I'm correct on this subject, about 2/3rds of the way there, TFArchive lists the price and size of this figure. So there. Done, he is an ULTRA! Why can't you just accept it now? Your opinion isn't fact. As I've provided more than enough substantial evidence to support the fact that he's an Ultra and all you've managed to do is just spout out your opinion on the matter, which at the end of the day isn't accurate. :) 

Randy