7 Autobots, 7 Decepticons for BotCon 2008

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xZAOx, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I've not been paying attention, but that has to be Armada Wheeljack (who looks just like G1 Sideswipe) and his Mini-Con Windsheer.

His chest has a scarred Autobot symbol, too, which works into the storyline well.

2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Filled it out as best as I could

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The smaller Energon Megatron toy was an ULTRA class guys, not Voyager.

4. musitards

musitards Banned

Really? It was barely the size of a Voyager...

5. n10zguy

n10zguy Well-Known Member

The SL Megatron was not the size of a Ultra.

6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I always assumed it was a voyager as well. Oh well.

7. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    Autobots:
    1. Prime = Classics Prime
    2. Grimlock = Classics Grimlock
    3. Goldbug = Cybertron Hot Shot
    4. Jazz = Cybertron Crosswise
    5. Ricochet = Cybertron Crosswise
    6. Rodimus = Classics Rodimus
    7. Blurr (Speculated to be Tracks) = Cybertron (likely) Blurr

Decepticons:
    1. Starscream = Cybertron Starscream
    2. Megatron = Energon Megatron (Likely small TRU Exclusive)
    3. Razorclaw = Classics Wolf Mini-con
    4. Sideswipe = Armada Wheeljack
    5. Windsheer = Armada Windsheer
    6. Mini-con
    7. Mini-con

As for the last two mini-cons, some possibilities include the last two Classics beast minicons (tiger/bird -> Ravage/Laserbeak?) or Incinerator from Armada Blurr.

8. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe one of the 14 is the custom class figure.

9. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Yes he was. He sold at the same price in Japan as Energon Scorponok (Superlink Mega Zarak) did. He's also the same size. He is an Ultra just like Cybertron Wingsaber, Jetfire, and Menasor.

For those of you who are thinking that the Incinerator mold is one of the Minicons, that seems highly unlikely as he'd be an Autobot to go with Blur, upping the count to 8 - so that Blur can transform.

Now the Cybertron version of the mold does not require the Minicon, but it needs the Cyber Key to transform. Plus the Minicons seem likely to be Razorclaw (wolf), Rampage (tiger), and Divebomb (bird). Which makes a lot more sense than just two of the three and some random racing car Minicon from Blur that would be on the opposite side of the team.

So the list has to most likely be:

Autobots
    1. Optimus Prime
    2. Goldbug
    3. Grimlock
    4. Jazz
    5. Ricochet
    6. Rodimus (rumored)
    7. Blur (rumored - doesn't require a Minicon)

Decepticons
    1. Starscream
    2. Megatron (rumored - most likely Ultra figure)
    3. Razorclaw
    4. Predator Minicon 2 (rumored)
    5. Predator Minicon 3 (rumored)
    6. Sideswipe (rumored Wheeljack mold)
    7. Sideswipe's Minicon (Windsheer mold)

Despite the fact that the Predator Minicons aren't tied together, it seems stupid to break them up, and the numbers don't make sense with Blur's Minicon.

Randy

10. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Perhaps Sideswipe's Minicon will be called Vanguard?

11. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Agreed re: Blurr's Mini-Con. (This will sound like my big ego, and who knows? Maybe it is. But I notice that everyone's building off of that original list at the beginning of the thread, and not the one I reasoned through a couple of posts later after suggesting that the original list didn't make complete sense given the fragments of information we know)

However, if the Predator Mini-Cons aren't "tied together" (and they're not, in the sense that they aren't gang-molded together), how would not using all three be to "break them up"?

12. n10zguy

n10zguy Well-Known Member

Funny that you mention that. My SL Megs costs 2980 yen at amazon.co.jp yet my Mega Zarak was 3980 (had to check my account for past purchases) and neither were on sale.

Also the SL "Megs" is the same size as Vector Prime (was the first Voyager figure I could find to do a side-by-side), and quite a bit smaller than my GF Dreadlock.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Interesting news, but if I were going I might feel a little disappointed in getting four minicons (which, I agree with Draven, just barely equal one scout). And it kind of reminds me of (again) the 2005 set where a lot of people were disappointed that the set was mainly scouts. Though, given the break down... we are getting one extra voyager this year (and in the actual boxset) so it's not all bad. Though, even still, this year's set doesn't interest me in the slightest. Though if someone is selling their Jazz or Goldbug feel free to PM me and we can work something out.

It is a voyager. I have the Superlink Galvatron G and he's standing around Energon Mirage, Energon Shockblast and Cybertron Soundwave and he's barely the same height as Shockblast. Totally not an Ultra unless people are counting the wingspan to make him such... but in that case he'd actually be in between price points... which Takara does a lot.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Size-wise he is a Voyager, though I do recall there being something about his pricepoint being off from the other Destrons at the time of release.

In any event, in terms of his size and also his complexity, he feels more like a Voyager to me.

15. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    He may be the "same size" as Vector Prime but Vector Prime is ridiculously tall for a Voyager (compare him to another Voyager like Classics Optimus or Dark Crumplezone). Despite his height Vector Prime is not the same price or size as Superlink Galvatron.

Vector Prime was a Voyager, Superlink Galvatron is the Ultra size. Not sure why you paid less for your Superlink Galvatron than Mega Zarak as he is the same size. Vector Prime and Energon Shockblast (Laserwave) are the same size (VP is only 20 yen, less than 20 cents, more), do you honestly think that Shockblast is the same price point as the Superlink Galvatron mold? He is not. Check out HLJ's pages for these items, as they have the prices these items sold for. Galvatron costs 3980 yen.
    Mega Zarak
    Superlink Galvatron
    Superlink Laserwave
    Vector Prime

Dreadrock/Jetfire, who is an Ultra costs 4000 yen (only 20 more than Galvatron, as it's clear the price went up slightly).
    Dreadrock
    I don't think I need any more to prove my point. People seem to forget that size class is determined by weight not height. Galvatron is about the same height as Mega Zarak. Is it possible that some are forgetting Galvatron's cannon too? He's much more toy (mass wise) than Vector Prime. Also, Takara isn't limited by any size price point like Hasbro is, so if Galvatron truly wasn't an Ultra (though why would the Decepticon Leader be a smaller size than his subordinate Mega Zarak) he would have his own price point like previous figures in Takara's lines. It also fit that Galvatron was more powerful than Mega Zarak despite being the same size. And just for good measure, here is Galvatron General's page as well, same price, ULTRA.
    Galvatron G
    I hope this ends the debate that Superlink Galvatron (the TRU Megatron 2 Pack mold) is an Ultra and not a Voyager.

Randy

16. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, you're wrong. Please see my post above. He is most definitely an Ultra. Always was, always will be an Ultra, despite the misconception that he is for some reason smaller than the likes of Energon Landmine and Scorponok. And that for some reason is the same size of Shockblast and Mirage. ULTRA. :) 

17. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    My money's on Ravage / Laserbeak for the other two minicons. I'm just disappointed we won't get a Soundwave . . . or will we?

18. Sage

Sage The ZetaConvoy

I really hope you're right, but I'm not counting on it... :( 

19. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Fair enough, I wasn't trying to argue. I've never owned the mold and just always thought he was a voyager.

20. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    No offense, but he isn't any smaller than Scorponok or really any less complex. I'd like to see people fit that figure in a Voyager box.

Here are some comparison shots.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Granted it's a fine line between Voyager and Ultra at times, especially in Energon. Some figures like Beachcomber (who is a Voyager) is taller than Quickstrike (who is an Ultra). But Quickstrike has his Brute Mode which adds substantial mass to the figure.

Also from Teletraan-1 Wiki
    Randy