52TOYS - BeastBox InfinityBox BeastDrive FigLite

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Robogeek28, Feb 6, 2017.

1. XMattingly

XMattingly Well-Known Member

Appreciate all the info! I thought I had seen somewhere that "Ben Ben" translated roughly to "dum-dum", so I'm guessing it's sort of an R2-type character in the movie. I've queued up the first Wandering Earth; never heard of it before this Megabox release but looking forward to watching it. It'll probably be some time before the 2nd one makes its way to the western market, unfortunately. I probably need to step up and learn Mandarin, at some point. It'd just be cool to have a better understanding of Chinese language and culture. :) 

Looks awesome! I respect your proactive box opening... I got an FE Moma as well and have yet to get it out of the box (same for my Jawliet).

This is awesome! I may have to cough up for a Firmhand repaint so I can beef up my own Massive Attacka. :cool: 

I'm sorry that happened; this is unacceptable. Hopefully you'll get a quick resolution on that shipment.

Very true. We'll see what they do eventually obviously, but my fanboy suggestion (partly based on your summary of the disparate types within the Megabox line) might be:
    AMTS/original vehicles or robots: Mightybox
    Licensed: Megabox
    Mythical creatures: Mythicbox

edit: OR, maybe mythical creatures gets rolled into the Fantasybox moniker. That line is a tad thin, as it is. ;) 

I don't know for sure, but that cancelled order/QC issue MIGHT have been due to those thin plastic hinges on the Eagle jet's cockpit. When I first tried to transform that one, it genuinely freaked me out and I thought I was going to break the damn thing, right out of the box. But I can say that altogether, Icarus is a fantastic piece and I'd recommend it to anyone. I would just suggest to anyone that gets it, you're going to need to apply a lot more force than seems normal at least the first time you transform it, and want to use your thumbs as a fulcrum and keep pressure isolated directly on that connection point.

• Like Like x 2
  2. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    JTW coming through before CNY :) 

Polish_20230124_153815110.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  3. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If that was my collection, I'd be selling some of those computer JoJos, they go for some coin right now lol

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, same here, as soon as I transformed it, I'm like, "THAT'S what led to original Icarus getting short-shifted in production."

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jamel

Jamel Well-Known Member

If anyone is looking to sell their jojo bb03 pg
    I will be happy to buy it.
    Just hit me up in the private chat with a price.. Screenshot_20230124-225829_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, my amazon order is now 1/3. Actaeon itself is fine despite the smashed box, but Jawliet has a misassembly error.
    20230125_103250.jpg

I looked closely, and it's not just backwards, but it's the wrong piece, so I can't just open the leg and reverse it. Time to get a new one!
    I do like this mold, but less than the other dogs. I really wish that they would have made both eyes the same. I like both, but they look bad together imo.

7. therealsharky

therealsharky Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Got a shipment from JoyToyWorld. About 3 weeks for shipping. One of the boxes had the front slightly curved, but not an issue for me since I don't keep the packaging.

Kite-Moss and Desert Assault Squad are unique openings to me. Kite-Moss's picture on the front of the box is from behind. The Squad come with two in cube mode. The other two are transformed with one pretty posed compared to the standard action pose.

Magnets are cool on the Squad. Nice that there are tabs as well. They also have the option to fold the chest plate inside the chest.

Edit: Actaeon's box has crack plastic edge and a bit of the top that's creased/torn.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  9. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    I also like the magnets, though I wish they were compatible with the penguins. It would be fun to make mixed cubes.

WUT! Awesome! I wish I'd know that! they look so much better with those folded away! I do never read the directions though... was that in there? Maybe I should?

10. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yep. Last page of the instructions shows it.

11. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    :D 

PXL_20230125_170229522.jpg
    PXL_20230125_180022146.jpg
    PXL_20230125_202107326.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  12. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    BBTS added a bunch of Preorders for older stuff. The prices are pretty high though. Not doing themselves any favors IMO.

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 1.20.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 1.20.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 1.20.55 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Funny, considering you can find 7 of them at Amazon for better prices

14. Over Easy

Over Easy Well-Known Member

Woah, can you drop a pic of that part? I don't remember it, and I think I might have tossed them with the box by mistake.

15. XMattingly

XMattingly Well-Known Member

It's a bunch of bullshit. I'm interested to know more about how the solicitation process works (when a manufacturer offers a block of figures to a retailer for sale), but given that BBTS had been pretty consistent with their pricing for the past 2-3 years and these same figures are available for much less elsewhere, I really doubt it's BBTS who has suddenly decided to price themselves out of the market.

16. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't have the instructions but just open up the front "body" and flip it in, taking care not to scratch the blue paint on the chest plate. Typically have Sgt Slaughter without it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    Awesome pics!
    The "South" meerkat is also the only one with stripes on an arm. I just noticed that today.

18. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Found a use for the LC’s storage crates.

2DEF1638-217C-4650-995C-B1A732BAF38E.jpeg

Constructicubes!
    EA2BA478-4F23-4EC8-BB27-568B1EE72303.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

Got Icarus Elite today. Still not sure how I feel about him. Some of the pegs (the ones where the figures can come apart into pieces, basically) are so tight that they squeak when I turn them, and get stuck when I'm rotating. I'm not sure if I should try to lubricate them a bit (seems like a bad idea, since I might want to detach the limbs and mess around with different combinations), sand them down a tad (which I'd be nervous about doing, since I'm not very skilled at it and might make them too thin or too not-a-cylinder-anymore to work well), or just leave them and deal with it.

At the same time, some of the non-disassembleable joints (the combined-mode hips, most notably) are too loose, and getting the combined-mode to stand requires a bit of doing.

I love how the jets and combined mode look, but I feel like the quality of the build is worse than most of my other Beast/MegaBoxes.

Also, it's two cubes + two box chargers, but there was only 1 of those plastic cards that acts as a spring inside the packaging; that seems weird.

• Like Like x 2
  20. protohuman

protohuman Primus was a pander

I just got my Blossom and I'm really impressed with how the translucent and white looks in my blacklight room. Any other recommendations on BB series that look good under a blacklight? I'm tempted by Kite-Moss with bonus.