52TOYS - BeastBox InfinityBox BeastDrive FigLite

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Robogeek28, Feb 6, 2017.

1. NightCabbage

NightCabbage TFW2005 Supporter

I like joytoyworld too, but the only problem is they don't do bonuses :( 

ie. for the Bunnes (BB-54) I had to order through aliexpress to get the carrot gun.

The only other place that does bonuses that I know of is BBTS - and I'm still waiting for some BBs I order literally 6 months ago... they're the slowest store in the entire world :p 

2. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you click through on Floyd for example, you can select with or without the bonus on the JTW product page. I couldn't find a version with the bonus on Gundamit so I ordered one through JTW just to get the bonus for Floyd. Burned a little store credit to ease the financial impact.

I've got some BBTS pre-orders that are way behind too. I just hope they get fulfilled. Chosen Prime ended up not getting some of their orders that were placed with 52 Toys. Seems like with 52 foraying into setting up Amazon and AliExpress, they may be letting their North American retailer distribution languish.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NightCabbage

Oh herp derp I somehow missed that :D 
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not enthused about it, but given that it's happening at the same time as I'm nearly dropping TFs I can deal with it. At least Beastboxes continue to be high-quality, are pretty much all original concepts, and since they are actually getting more complex, are actually giving you a reason why the costs are going up (whether they justify as much of a cost bump as they're getting is up to you); can't say the same about TFs.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  5. NightCabbage

Ok I got tired of waiting and cancelled my BBTS order (6 months is too long).

BB-48 + bonus ordered at JoyToy
    BB-14 ordered on ebay (6hk666666)

Total price will end up being roughly the same, maybe slightly cheaper - but mainly good that I don't have to keep on waiting lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

• Like Like x 5
  7. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    52Toys AliExpress site is having a mini sale on some of the older figures. Roughly 15% off and a few have an addition $3 off every $30 spent, up to $9 max.
    Okay. Though as a counter-anecdote, some BBs feel very cheap, some have loose joints, and I've had two different figures now (completely different molds) with balljoints that failed to stay captive during an initial transformation. On the upside, I've not had a true breakage yet. But I would not put these in the same category as a Transformer as far as materials quality.

8. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Moma final edition review is up.
    E7418065-B355-4800-ABF6-6173C1E4FBA9.jpeg 8D44E22A-CA75-4DF1-AD07-260D1EAEB889.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  9. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. Izrod

Izrod Member

Anyone knows what happened to Shredder ?

11. Weirdo Beardo

Weirdo Beardo Too many collections, not enough shelf space.

12. XMattingly

XMattingly Well-Known Member

I can only speak for myself, but it comes down to "How bad do I want this thing, and am I willing to pay x-amount for it?" more than whether or not I can afford it. The 60 or so BB's I currently own also factors in; many of them I literally do not touch for months at a time, which is kind of contrary to the point of a desk toy. So ultimately it's more an opportunity to better appreciate what I have than simply collecting things... "full value" as opposed to an actual "dollar amount" is more of a driving factor for me, if that makes sense. I still get psyched about new character designs, even if there are some that I don't end up buying (maybe that doesn't make sense).

• Like Like x 3
  13. XMattingly

• Like Like x 1
  14. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  15. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just put in a safety PO with them just in case I miss it from importers. What's funny though is this awfully mistransformed picture of Floyd that I doubt they took themselves:
    8256d8eb-1d78-4911-9a5e-318ecc4c7c96.png

16. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    agree with you 100%. it's not that i can't afford to buy any/all… it's what's the worth to me. personally i don't feel a BB should be more than the $25-30 price range i've been trying to adhere to since i first started collecting. even that i feel is high for some molds, and i've skipped many because of that. of course there's also been exceptions to that rule with some of the really good designs of particular molds or colours of some of the exclusives i've ended up paying above and beyond for. :p 

on that note. i already mentioned in a prior earlier post that ShowZ/Gundamit has a really good price on ChromeRibs for $25. well i just got a 500 ($5) points in credit as there's been a price drop on it and now it's $20 for it!!! :D  if anyone is on the fence on picking it up, well here's your chance to get it for a really great price! ;) 

52Toys BeastBox BB-31CH Chromeribs w/ Bonus

• Like Like x 1
  17. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Preordered. Man, where IS MOMA Final Edition? Even that 6hk guy doesn't have it. This is making me nervous...

18. NightCabbage

Even the official 52toys aliexpress page for it does a redirect to Jawliet. It's like it doesn't exist lol

19. XMattingly

Sure, I know what you mean. To be fair, a number of them (like White Noise, Rustypiece, the dogs, etc.) that have very sophisticated engineering and/or high quality paint/production surprisingly only retail for $25. Beastbox pricing doesn't seem to be based strictly on manufacturing costs or necessarily even on availability. On the plus side, I think 52Toys getting into direct sales will help stabilize pricing (and possibly make it harder for 3rd party sellers to hoard as a way to jack up prices) in the long term. For me, it really does come down to "how much is this one figure worth to me?" Having said that, yes there have been 2-3 Beastboxes that I've paid $100+ to get, because they were ones I really wanted.

I did see that Chromeribs sale. It is very, very tempting, and really has a cool paint job. If I didn't already have 10 BB's that have yet to be taken out of their boxes, I'd probably jump on it. :confused: 

I think 52Toys' Aliexpress only had 25-30 available before they sold out. Unless they were all gobbled up in the China-only retail site (forgot the name..?), I'm sure it'll pop up again eventually. FE Moma did actually show up briefly on Gundamit, but for whatever reason it was delisted fairly quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Robowang

Robowang I don't have AIDS

Ebay:
    Hey all, I just picked up a couple of these because they looked interesting. Fun enough, but not worth $30 a piece to me.

I am curious what the hatch on the bottom of the crab is for.

• Like Like x 1