52TOYS - BeastBox InfinityBox BeastDrive FigLite

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Robogeek28, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweeeet. I also think the "upgraded" version of MOMA will be one of the larger Beastbox cubes next year.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    dammit, of course they put out an FE version of Moma! i've never bought into this mold and now i have to decide if i should get this one just to have all FE versions. *sigh*

but i don't want to make this a precedence where i'm picking up a bunch of molds i've already passed on and don't have interest in getting just to be a completionist for this FE line. :( 

who has Moma and can give their feedback on it, good and bad?

• Like Like x 1
  3. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    But such precedents are what collecting is all about! :D 

I'm debating it for the same reason. I've decided if I can find it at a better price than what they list at in North America, I'll pick one up.

4. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    yeah, i don't want to start down the path of spending extra money on BBs i don't really care for! :p 

only thing about FE is that they are priced are around $30, while normal releases you can usually get around $25 or less. so you're already paying a premium because of it being an FE. if i could get it at $25 or less, i might bite. but i think that's unlikely as i don't think either delta or jojo ever got cheaper.

5. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    It’s fine. More of a middle-order album filler track than a hit single.

If you have the triceratops it’s quite similar to that - simple, cute and fun to fiddle with, but ultimately nowhere near my top ten.

I do find that the finish and colour schemes on these ‘final editions’ are superb though - if this looks and feels as good in hand as the previous final editions then it would probably score a little higher than the regular release.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Traffic Cone

Traffic Cone TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This looks great! Ive always passed this mold but its tempting in those colors

Im in a similar boat, never cared for this mold before but I really like it in these colors. However, I dont have any of the FE versions. How many are there? I recall Jojo and Delta but I might be missing some. Im wondering if its too late to catch up.

7. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are 2 that have been released. Delta and jojo. I really like both. BBTS has jojo and USA Gundam Store has Delta.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Be cool if they made them those bigger boxes I think we heard about once. The one thats a size bigger if i remember correctly? I'm assuming he'll also be able to hold a dio

9. XMattingly

XMattingly Well-Known Member

I maintain that if 52Toys released every figure as a Final Edition, the contents of my wallet will be banished to the land of wind and ghosts.
    Pretty much where I'm at. I love the whole style of what they did with FE; the little skull graphic + custom Box Charger, "Thank You 88" and "farewell" messages on the figs, the overall color scheme, etc. etc.

Drew me in far enough that I won't hesitate to pick up a mold that I'd previously passed on -- which includes Delta & Moma, and several others I've passed on if they FE everything. So this one series has technically turned me into a completionist (as far as molds), even though I never intended to be one. :rolleyes: 

10. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    Quoting my post from earlier:

• Like Like x 2
  11. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    Opened up all of my new BBs. Here's some thoughts:

Romeo and Boney: Pretty great individuals, combination is confusing and ignorable. The mold is very posable and the transformation is very satisfying. The plastic feels really nice and sturdy and has a nice sheen. The molds have fun details and integrated accessories that have a lot of options. I place them on different spots on the 2 molds to help them look more distinct. The moving piece under the neck that keeps them from looking like the penguins is a great idea and works very well, but does limit the head from turning side to side very far. It can be disconnected pretty easily if you want that motion, but it's hard to get back on.
    Some notes on the combination: I did try the dino modes so far and those are nearly awful. The head is doing a weird cyborg-predator thing I think? It really doesn't even look like a face and the two different versions aren't meaningfully different like they were on Primatus. Something else that's strange about the set is that they kept the red/white color scheme. I wonder if the Primatus figures can attach to this? I don't have them so I can't say, but that's my only guess as to why they'd do this instead of mixing it up. As the photoshops earlier showed this mold would look great in other colors. I plan to get the other 2 dogs but I can pretty easily see myself selling off the 2 that I like less and only keeping one of each mold.

Jojo Fin: Very impressed! I really thought I had the mold figured out from just looking at it but it actually does a lot more transforming than I thought. I don't like the visor much but the gun is neat and it can attach to his fist for a more natural pose, though I find it hard to make it balance on the feet. I really like the Terminus Decos and I hope we get more. Do we have a guess as to where the "old style" line might be? I'd be very interested in a terminus Echoblaster. It seems like the gun and visor should be able to cram into the hollow space in the middle of the cube mode but I couldn't quite make it work. Is there a way to do that? I'm storing it in Riccochet's bomb for now.

Kite Moss: This was probably my least anticipated one of the bunch. I knew it was really simple going in but honestly I don't think that's a negative. The wingspan is really huge and it's a fun and easy conversion which means I will actually do it and I won't dread it (foreshadowing is a literary device in which....). I do like the deco, but I think doing this as either a bright butterfly or one of those brown moths that has owl eyes on the back would have been cool. They could also have done it in white and put White Noise deco on the back. That would have been incredible. I also wish that the wings could flap a little. once transformed it's a pretty static figure.
    The bonus item for this one is a little cocoon and a caterpillar that turns into a gun. It's kinda neat I guess, but it adds little fun or play value and made me reconsider getting the bonus pieces going forward.

Phantomaster: Phantomaster is a beautiful mold with a couple fun gimmicks and one big problem. The tongue works great and is fun. The color changing is pretty tame and I wish it was a bigger change, but it does work. The transformation on this guy is frustrating. I hope I'll figure out some tricks as I do it more, but it was difficult and not in a fun way. Kirin was challenging to figure out where all of the parts went, but once you did, everything pegged in nicely. With Phantomaster I can pretty easily figure out where things go but getting them all tabbed in correctly is not fun.
    Bonus:That said, it looks great on the bonus branch which is a great bonus set. I like that the leaves can be moved and even have little guns molded under them. Also cool that it's compatible with the modular flight stand and the birds. If you got two or more of the branches you could combine them too which is awesome.

Desert Assault Squad: I have mixed opinions on these guys. I thought that the penguins were a little too simple, but these might have gone too far the other direction. It is more involved to change one of them to 1/4 cube mode, which is nice, but it gets kinda repetitive to do it 4 times. They are a lot more poseable than the penguins, which is nice, but I do wish they could look forward while on all fours. My largest issue is probably entire a me thing. I wish that they could be changed up a little to look more distinct. With the penguins there's the crown, but also they can all have different expressions which helps a lot. These guys have a scouter? range finder? Periscope? and that's really it aside from the NESW badges.
    On that note let's talk bonus item. This one is also great. The pieces can be divided up and distributed to the team or all attached to one guy to make a spike-tank-bike thing. It goes a long way in helping make them different. It also has a lot of play value with the included figure which is great. While I haven't tried it, it appears to be the 1/4 cube size like the flight stand, so it might fit with some of those, though it doesn't have a hole for the flight stand's peg.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got the original and Elephinx versions. The front legs don't lock in at the shoulders as well as they should; otherwise I think it's a fine toy. Out of the original ones-- the ones that came in the smaller boxes-- I would rate, from best to worst:

Jojo
    Iceqube
    MOMA
    Rhyden/Behemoth
    Dio
    Delta

It should be in the instructions. The gun folds up and then stores in the little slot on top of the folded-down torso, before you close up the cube mode. It's like the second-to-last step. The visor is thin enough you can just leave it on in cube mode.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 3
  14. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    I just double checked the instructions and it isn't mentioned, but I did manage to figure it out (probably). However I cannot get the head to go all the way in with the visor attached.

15. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:

16. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Drat, wish I'd caught that earlier. Their Amazon prices are typically the full retail price or very close to it so I usually ignore that storefront.

17. Ryan03

Ryan03 Well-Known Member

18. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I checked, the Lightning Deals were only ~"2% claimed", so it's possible they could go up again later in the holiday season. If I remember correctly, the SWAT Rhino, Kanibal, the turtles, Teardrop, Acidghost & Lithiumon, Toxichorn, the Jojos, Sharkira, Reaper, Gunpowder, Soul Storm/Shadow Dance, Kite Moss, & Blazingspear were the ones on sale.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Omniscientbeing

Omniscientbeing probably sleeping

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
  20. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Did not coat it. Seems to hold up fine… so far!

Also guys, some random pics from today, hollar if you’d like to see some other angles for tomorrow.

AB13F7D2-629C-4D08-A601-A01BA41F354C.jpeg 1A5BF67A-CD07-41C0-BDB4-DD1EDD1BC12E.jpeg B75504BC-FC92-49FA-ABD6-9FA8D3C9BE64.jpeg 84B38676-FBD7-4130-9E2D-A69F530BBC55.jpeg B1748249-44C4-4728-9F6A-E8BAE77DDD52.jpeg
    21030BC6-4127-467C-BDBD-CBAAC0B291F3.jpeg

• Like Like x 15