52TOYS - BeastBox InfinityBox BeastDrive FigLite

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Robogeek28, Feb 6, 2017.

1. carytheone

carytheone lurker

I did start with Pterano Drive as that was the one I was most excited for and I'm very impressed with the figure. While I'd never say I have a lot of experience with model kits, I have put together a few from a range of manufactures and the plastic used on this one was a dream to cut and clean up. Seemed a bit softer than usual and made nice clean cuts, even on that dark purple. The transformation and articulation was way more complex than I was expecting and everything tabs together great in drive mode. Ground clearance on this one is very minimum, but I don't scoot my figures across the floor anyway. It feels great in hand and is a joy to play with and pose.

PD1.jpg PD2.jpg PD3.jpg PD4.jpg

Stickers trigger a lot of anxiety in me and I'll likely go the water slide route. I don't have much experience with them, but I like that they can be wiggled a bit to get them just right. Thanks for the advice to take it nice and slow. I'll definitely go that route once the newness wears off and I get brave enough to start.

Now the hard part, resist the urge to go full pokemon with the BeastDrive line. o_O 

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too late for me, I've succumbed to it. The Botcon exclusives were my gateway drug, now I've got 'em all.

Also be patient with the larger decals-- try to wiggle them off the paper too soon after you dunk them and they'll rip. Give it a good minute.

• Like Like x 1
  3. carytheone

carytheone lurker

Thanks again for the inspiration. It wasn't quite as stable and centered as I would have liked, but took your idea and ran with it.

rh1.jpg
    rh2.jpg

It is a little front heavy, but seems stable enough. The left over parts that I couldn't figure out how to integrate are kind of killing me, but now I have a mini repair bay as Five Two intended, sorta.

repairbay.jpg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Target

Target Well-Known Member

Has there been any word about the megazord style combiners they showed off? I am dreaming of getting my hands on those.

5. carytheone

carytheone lurker

• Like Like x 1
  6. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Nothing firm but since they’re already coloured, we should be able to get the ¼ vehicle combiner this year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WABI

WABI Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This racing car-like color scheme is amazing. It's a shame that this color scheme wasn't used for other redeco products and the "52 RACING TEAM" wasn't formed.

IMG_20240331_095207.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. Reichstein

Reichstein Well-Known Member

I have that set. It's pretty dang sweet.

EDIT: Replaced image with a less "potatoish" one.
    20240402_004753 (Large).jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for Hlj.com to get it (they have a April release date).

I got the rabbit (Space Springer) and that was kind of fun. I've to decided to get Sky Tail to go with it. I wasn't sure about getting the mouse, but it's looking interesting as well. At the very least, there'll be a robot rabbit and squirrel on my shelf.

I tend to treat the Beastdrive rodents as being a completely separate group from the Beastdrive 'sports cars'.. (I haven't got the fishes), and unlike them, they'll be staying in beast mode.

Speaking of the Beastdrive cars, I'm wondering what happened to Righteous Guard.

• Like Like x 1
  10. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Towing expert.

eZy Watermark_01-04-2024_01-17-23-6120AM.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  11. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN turtles have hard shells, but are thin skinned! :P

News Credits:
    got my recent 52toys AE order today and yet again i received my shipment in a state that made me nervous with what sort of damage i may find inside. :rolleyes: 

BUT FORTUNATELY… my luck held out and the area the shipping box was damaged didn't make contact with anything inside and everything turned out to be pristine!!! :eek: :D 

my dragon bag was on the other end of the box, and the puncture and crumpling was were my boxcon snaglihog was situated, which unknown to me at the time, was only bagged and didn't include any box packaging.

happy i had held off buying these both until they were discounted and on sale to save a decent chunk of change. but ultimately happy that i finally got my hands on these as i have been eyeing them both patiently to snag them.

the colours on both are quite stunning. :cool: 

got some strange free add-on tossed with with my order. anyone know what they are/for??? :confused: 

PXL_20240402_190203035.jpg

PXL_20240402_190555686.jpg

DSC00702.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  12. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    You got the set of different magnets for IB-02 Framer (which is your bonus). @foxracing posted the pics of the different magnets the Framer has.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    The 52Toys AliExpress store was doing a deal whereby you got some extra stuff thrown in depending on how much you spent, hence the bonus items.

IMG_9149.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN turtles have hard shells, but are thin skinned! :P

News Credits:
    ah yes, thx. i vaguely recall seeing this around the time placing my order. wish i got the para-weapons and the stickers instead of these magnets, or even those keychains from the other line of toys i don't even collect! LoL

these magnets are sort of useless to me since i don't plan to get the framer. if anyone wants the magnets, hit me up. perhaps we can work out some sort of trade. :p 

15. Ragnarok Flames

Ragnarok Flames NYEHHH!!

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just grabbed Radioheadar and Downspiral from AE. Did their shipping get faster?

It says they'll be here next week

Also do we know when Snarliehog is getting a normal release, or is the botcon one the official?

16. WABI

WABI Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm watching weibo and X and there's no info on that so far, but I think they'll reuse the model for zoo deco or something at some point.

17. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

No botcon exclusive box has ever had a separate release, just leftovers sold elsewhere, if I recall.

18. Bru71cus

Bru71cus Well-Known Member

so I've been looking at the landbreaker elite since they remind me of those two construction bots that get cosmic barnacles in Animated, but the only two sellers I see have them for 180 or are a Chinese (I think?) website so basically question is do we think they'll get reissued or should I bite the bullet? also does anybody know if aoiheyhaus is reputable?

19. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    I’ve used Aoiheyaus five or six times now - never had any problems.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bru71cus

Bru71cus Well-Known Member

do they ever give you a tracking number or does it just show up? all I've gotten is that the order was placed, no shipping notification or anything else