5 reasons why wont it be a reboot

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPancake, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Hasbro may be in it for marketing, but Nachtsider is right with his initial point. Kids will buy Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, etc. if they resemble the movie, or another piece of fiction the recognize, enough. That's why the Prime designs focused so heavily on that.
    A reboot could go over well if done right. A lot of people, who may not even voice their opinions over the internet, seem to agree with the vocal Geewunners that the movies are not enough like the '80's. Now, making a movie entirely like the cartoon is not the best course of action. Some stuff is just plain outdated, others are just plain silly. But, if they could tap into the nostalgia a lot more, while still making sense, they could bring in even MORE viewers. Pandering to fans is not a bad thing, as a lot of the stuff WE want is what the general public may want too. My friend, who is not even a huge fan of TF even says that the movies focus too much on the humans for a movie that is supposed to about the robots. If the robots are so costly to animate so as the movie can't be about THEM, something's gone wrong. I get that we need humans, but whole sideplots related to them are not what makes an action movie like Transformers. I think Sam has more screentime than Optimus!

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Michael Clarke Duncan as a live-action Bulkhead or GTFO.

3. chiptimus_prime

chiptimus_prime Superfluous Trailer

News Credits:
    I think this info may lead us to what will actually be done with TF4. As much as I want a reboot I don't think I'll get my wish. I think what we'll get is a continuation of the current continuity with the surviving Autobots and a whole new cast of Decepticons(mainly because they're all dead). A new cast of cons means new toys. Not just more of the same ol same ol Prime/BB/Megs/Screamer. "But mom I don't have a Galvaunicronotron, yet!"

4. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

you've got a deal!