3rd party toy instruction/comic thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 11, 2012.

1. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That's what I'm hoping to see. I have Green Giant, but not that sweet box art from Yellow.

And do we need scans of Green Giant's instructions? I can do those, if needed.

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even though it has it's own thread, I'm copying the promotional comic for Blood DX and Drone here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Oh man, I'd still love it if someone could scan in that lineart from yellow giant.

4. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, I just found out the preview comic for Defender was part of the Aerial Team Appendage Add-On Kit Snowman. I was wondering where that comic was from!

5. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is the online comic Mastermind Creations made for Knight Morpher Annihilator:

[​IMG]

6. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is one I had somehow missed. Back in 2008, when TFLab was just developing the prototype of the City Commander, they displayed a 2 page comic in broken English at the TFClub party. Here is a scan. It's basically Megatron nearly defeating Optimus Prime, when suddenly Prime's "brother" appears to join in the battle.

[​IMG]

7. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gear of War 2 instructions:

[​IMG]

8. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Correction, there are two Megatrons. A classics colored one, and another with red detailing referred to as "Megariors". Not sure what the story was about the twin.

9. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I missed that. I guess maybe there are two Megatrons?, one is the Classic deco, and the other the Henkei deco?

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe this thread should be stickied? People keep looking for it.

11. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    3rd Party pack-in Comic Scans

I couldn't find this thread while searching, so I'd created my own earlier today. Thanks for the admin for linking this one to that. It's great to see other people are looking for/sharing scans of these 3rd party pack-in comics. They're awesome. :) 

Links:
    CDisplay - The Official Site
    For ease of reading digital comics, check out the free/barebones program CDISPLAY. It's a .cbr / .cbz reader (just a .zip file with .jpg files in it, renamed to .cbz) - displays things much better than a .pdf, and without further re-compressing the images. If you want to change the images to a different format, just rename the ---.cbr -> .zip, and extract. Available for Windows, but links to the same kind of application on a variety of different platforms.

I've uploaded the multi-page comics in that format (.cbz), but also in folders of individual .jpgs - download whatever floats your boat.

Ongoing 3rd Party Transformer Art / Comics Index:
    4shared folder - My 4shared

Over the holidays, I picked up both Fansproject Steelcore and Assaulter (Broadside), and found the pack-in comics that precede the Transformation instructions pretty cool.

I remembered I saved the black/white one that came with my Fansproject DIA Commander KO last year, so I've scanned both of those into .cbr format, and individual .jpgs.

I also did some photoshop work to limit the magazine-print 'grain' that happens from scanning newsprint, as well as reframing the pages (adding solid black or white gutters to the pages).

The others I've posted are scans I've found around the net (including those found earlier in this thread, thanks!). Everything's uploaded to my 4shared account, so feel to download and read stuff over.

If anyone's found/scanned other art from 3rd party figures, please post here (or email/PM me). I can add it to the index I have at 4shared. Many of us can't locate the figures this art came with any longer, or don't find it realistic to buy the (out of production) 3rd party figure just to read a ~5 page comic, so it's good to have a centralized collection like this.

I'd love to fill in any gaps from other releases, including comic-style art from the manuals, box art, or ID cards (iGear & FP have these). It would help myself and others explore this cool side of 3rd party Transformer toys.

Ideally, scans are better than cock-eyed photos with a cameraphone, but anything's better than nothing. :) 

Attached Files:

12. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Look at that... The post is now in the right thread... ;) 

13. blaynescott

Ebay:
    The search I did for comics in the Third Party Discussion area didnt pull up this thread originally. :) 

14. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  15. blaynescott

Ebay:
  16. blaynescott

Ebay:
    Some new additions.

Also, check out the 'Shattered Restoration' of the iGear PP-01E's booklet art here. The difference between the original scan and my take on it is like night and day. ^_^

• Like Like x 1
  17. blaynescott

Ebay:
    These are the last of my scans. I've uploaded them to the 4Shared archive for safekeeping as well. I also added in 2 'official' comic art pieces scanned from my Takara MP-01 and MP-13 file cards.

That taps me out for what 3rd party stuff I have. I'd love to get copies of the other Headrobot cards, iGear cards, and other Fansproject stuff I'm missing if people have them to scan/upload.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  19. blaynescott

Ebay:
    Hi Scaleface,

I apprecaiate you rephrasing your post - the 1st version TFW forwarded to my email sounded a bit... rude.

As for the Evil Leader booklet - there's only instructions for transformation (same as MP-01, but down in white on black wireframe) - no comic to speak of. This is why I scanned the 'tech specs' - it has comic art on them. In the case of the Fansproject cards themselves, there's no 'specs' on them to speak of - just some story, and art done by the same guy as the Fansproject full-length comics.

I have no real interest in instructions or tech specs - I just like the art, and spent 4 hours last night scanning/editing stuff because I thought other people might appreciate it.

I'm collecting this stuff, and putting it in a 5x7 drop-in scrapbook - sort of a makeshift TF artbook.

20. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've only been able to find this one picture of the comic that comes with Attack. If anyone has the whole comic, please let me know.

[​IMG]