[3rd party] TFC NOT-Scavenger & NOT-Hook

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tekmen, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I love the overall forms, but I'm not sure how I'm feeling about the string.

2. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Looking great so far...hoping they come with a little more paint details or even better a sticker sheet!...

3. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As cool and big as this is...the figures themselves look kibbly and unarticulate. I know the main gimmick is combining and all, but besides impressive vehicles I need to see more before I commit any money to this monstrosity.

4. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    mp devastator anyone? more i see this more excited & nervous i am about this where can we order these will i hate to find out we they release 2 or 4 other bots and not other parts to form devy himself ill feel nervous when i see 7 bots completed.

:lol  price tag on this guy when all complete construcitons are togeather on ebay are going to be over 1,000 or more for starting bid:lol 

5. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Hehe, on seeing these pics, the song "All you need is love" started playing in my head!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

6. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Me neither, I think its a cool addition but not something for Transformers. I don't really like how huge ass crane will give Hook a third support =/

7. Prowl4680

Prowl4680 SuperCool Autobot Dude!!

Here! Take all my money! Me wante! :D 

8. bithomas

bithomas Seeker of Seekers

These are looking better and better all the time! I too hope that there is a pre-order soon!

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    These look so good. They almost look like official licensed product.

10. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Looking great! Sure, the individual bot modes are a little "meh", but the vehicle modes are great, and my imagination is making the combined mode look great. So I'm in (as long as these things aren't crazy money expensive).

Alot of people are complaining about them looking too simple, but I'm hoping that little bit of simplicity helps these things stay somewhat affordable.

11. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

1. so fansprojects is not making a crossfire kit for devastator classics?

2. the most this can possibly be is $500 since each figure can only be $100 each right?

12. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking pretty neat! The aesthetic has a bit more mid-2000s unf than I was expecting, given Battle Rollar, but I can dig it.

I would've said the colours are clearly photoshopped if the OP hadn't clarified that they are not only hand-painted, but not even indicative of the final product. :lol  It looks to me like they're just figuring out the paint masks the ol' fashioned way.

13. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks good, I am really interested in these, and thanks to that one pic where you can see the Grindcore on the shelf that they are deluxe-scale, so hopefully the price will be a lot lower than some of these "doom-sayers" have been predicting. $50 each seems a little more reasonable.

14. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow..I will be getting this for sure... IDW Devastator, and then one Ptitvite-stator for my shelf...

the transformation though is still from the AHM comic series..which, is okay, besides the head...

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I think the thing to keep in mind is that FR is just working with official Has/Tak products, many of which are at least 10 years old. Those old Build Team molds were pretty good for the time... the excavator design is still pretty cool, despite being sort of monstrous.

FR makes his adjustments and does all the detail painting, but the figures don't change that much... they still have the same basic designs and limitations.

These guys... honestly, I think they're great. The supposedly "simple" aesthetic is an illusion. They seem to have most of the same articulation found on new Generations figures, their combining parts seem to be integrated mostly, and they're the f***in' CONSTRUCTICONS... they're supposed to look blocky and heavy duty!!

Obviously they are designed to imitate the original G1 transformations (which is why they look so perfect!), so the back-mounted crane and scoop are unavoidable.

My only issue is that these kibble-parts seem a little too beefy and back-heavy... I would have been happy to sacrifice Scavenger's mega-shovel and Hook's super-duper extendo-crane (and string) for something a little smaller, simpler, and less obtrusive.

I like them, and I'm now just waiting for the others, and to know how much the whole thing is going to set us back...

zmog

16. MATTICUS PRIME

MATTICUS PRIME chicks love me!

Back to topic, I think size will now play a huge factor in wether or not I buy one, I could care less about paint apps.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010
  17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Okay, now you've all got that out your system, let's get back on topic.

These are looking pretty good, I am seriously considering them depending on what the final product ends up looking like, and I almost never go for these third party items.

18. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Speechless.

EDIT: Ok, maybe not entirely speechless. Scavenger looks really inadequate next to hook in those alt-mode pics. Surely that won't help his self esteem.

I MUCH prefer the color on the painted Hook. That green seems just right to me. Dull enough to not be neon is right where it's at.

And again.. "PUT MONEY WHERE!?!?"

19. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The obvious treads for forearms is from the AHM Devs...however, the Dreamwave devs looks more G1 and just has an overall better appearance to me...

I really can't wait to see this full set....all that kibble, at this point, it may be able to come off...or be used as something.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  20. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

This made me laugh for agood couple minutes haha. Thanks lol.

PS. sorry Sol Fury

PPS Apology accepted - SF

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010