3rd party size and pricing

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by jessiedart, Apr 23, 2014.

1. jessiedart

jessiedart Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone else wished 3rd party toys followed some guidelines as to pricing and size like Takara and Hasbro does.
    It looks like they are In the size dept .. making them in voyager and deluxe classes
    Example.. Toyworld Orion and Hardbone are spot on in the voyager class size and display well with your existing voyagers. Same in the deluxe class with toys like Perfect Effect's Arcee bikes and KFC's Mugen scope and alike.
    But the prices are all over the place.
    Some deluxes like the Arcee bikes sell for more then some voyager sized toys like Orion etc..
    I'd love it if all 3rd party stuff had some sense of size pricing like the standard official toys.
    Maybe like $100- $125 for voyager sizes and say $50 for deluxe sizes...
    When I look across my shelf I sometimes can't believe that my little Arcee bikes cost the same as much much larger pieces. Heck, My Warden's gun is bigger with more plastic then Mugen scopes whole body...
    Just wish there was some standard similar to the 15$ deluxe and $20 voyager range, only higher priced of course, but at least some standard.
    Just wishing...

2. Jehsee

Jehsee Well-Known Member

You're talking about 20 different companies with different techniques, using different factories and standards. It's just not going to happen on a perfect level. For the most part though... I think there IS a general price standard... but "size" is far from the only factor.

3. DragonPrime120

DragonPrime120 Can I kick it?

News Credits:
    Yeah, I bet we all do. I assume it's the difference of factories and mold cost that makes it vary.

4. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    huh oh....

5. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    The standard is you can bet any third party figure will be at least $100 or more. That's the norm.

6. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless it's an Impossible Toys toy.

7. Toonimator

Toonimator Well-Known Member

Not so! Many Scout or Deluxe size figures run well under $100 (Function X, Demo Crue, Manga Mech series, Nottlebots, etc). It's generally when they get close to Voyagers that 3-digit prices become the norm.

There are always exceptions, tho...

8. Acesan

Acesan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind a deluxe selling for 3 digits if it's complexity or paint warrants it... Eg PE Aranea was awesome, but was a deluxe and quite expensive. It's paint, accessories, die cast and parts count made me think it was fine however.

I actually like smaller figures more than larger ones in general :D 

9. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    True, I guess I meant that for me. With every new release if I tell myself it will at least be $100 then I can prepare and have a mindset and if its less than its better.

10. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

Actually most 3rd party is already doing that . Each 3rd party company is different than that other so their pricing and size is adjusted for their own company toy line , similar to Hasbro and Takara. Your examples of Orion and Arcee is of different company so of course their pricing and size don't match. If you compare it within their own company , you will see that their size and pricing are not all over the place at all.

Even with Hasbro and Takara their prices are not the same too, even though it could be the same figure.

Let's not even compare the size and pricing with metroplex vs other hasbro and Takara transformers .

Besides, wont you prefer less restriction ?

That way they can let their creatively run wild and if you like the end result , you buy it .

I would not like my 3rd party transformers ended up being hollow like some of the current official ones.

11. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Many third party products either try to aim for CHUG scale or MP scale.

It isn't an exact scale they follow but most figures fall in to one or the other.

12. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    A standard price for size would be nice but cant see it going to happen.