3rd Party pack-in Comic Scans - Fansproject +

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blaynescott, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey everyone,

Since the pack-in comics/instruction scans aren't widely available (and not fau-paux for posting like actual comic scans from IDW, Marvel, Dreamwave, etc.) - I thought I'd post what I have here from Fansproject, and other companies.

3rd Party Transformer Art / Comics:
    4shared folder - My 4shared

Over the holidays, I picked up both Fansproject Steelcore and Assaulter (Broadside), and found the pack-in comics that precede the Transformation instructions pretty cool.

I remembered I saved the black/white one that came with my Fansproject DIA Commander KO last year, so I've scanned both of those into .cbr format, and individual .jpgs.

I also did some photoshop work to limit the magazine-print 'grain' that happens from scanning newsprint, as well as reframing the pages (adding solid black or white gutters to the pages).

The others I've posted below are scans I've found around the net, and happened to collect. Everything's uploaded to my 4shared account, so feel to download and read stuff over.

If anyone's found/scanned other art from 3rd party figures, please post here (or email/PM me). I can add it to the index I have at 4shared. Many of us can't locate the figures this art came with any longer, or don't find it realistic to buy the (out of production) 3rd party figure just to read a ~5 page comic.

So far, I've scanned/edited the DIA Commander, Steelcore, and Assasulter comics + the 1 page comic style illustration from the Maketoys Green Giant manual, and the comic-style illustrations of the FansProject Deluxe Insecticons. The rest are ones I've found scans of online:

I'd love to fill in any gaps from other releases, including comic-style art from the manuals, box art, or ID cards (iGear & FP have these). It would help myself and others explore this cool side of 3rd party Transformer toys.

Links:
    CDisplay - The Official Site
    Free CDISPLAY .cbr / .cbz reader (just a .zip file with .jpg files in it, renamed to .cbz) - displays things much better than a .pdf, and without further re-compressing the images. If you want to change the images to a different format, just rename the ---.cbr -> .zip, and extract. Available for Windows, but links to the same kind of application on a variety of different platforms.

3rd Party Transformer Art / Comics:
    4shared folder - My 4shared

Attached Files:

2. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.