3rd Party / MP TF you regret NOT buying/having

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by zfarsh, Aug 31, 2017.

1. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Ok, so during the years, there are some of us that missed out on some 3rd party or Takara MP products, and you still think about it and regret you missed out, because even today, they would be great on your shelves the way you have it planned out. Which ones?

My list, in order, that would still work in my current collection shelves.

#1) FT Grey Quakewave.
    Already had the regular, and money was limited, and it never happened. Now that i look back at my collection, i dont have Quakewave, i have Quakeblast, but honestly, i wish i had Grey Quakewave instead of Quakeblast.

#2) Takara Inferno.
    Didnt care for Inferno at the time, and now, i missed on perhaps the best built Takara product (and he looks great to me now), and KOs are not the same quality, and price is way too much for me at this point in time, and if they ever release it, i will be afraid of mold degradation (apparently starting a bit with the last one). I feel i really missed out here, probably my biggest regret not purchasing an official MP.

#3) Shadow Azalea
    It was an exclusive, i dont live in Singapore, and prices in USA were too much from BBTS. Yet, the best repaint of the mold for sure. It is one of those things i think about time to time. That said, i had much more money back then, maybe i should have...

There are others that would be great, but honestly, they would not fit in my collection or would have room for them, so it is more for having experienced the toys and could have worked on the displays at one point in time.
    - PE Warden
    - PE Leonidis
    - FT Scoria D and Blue Soar and Grinder G2. What a nice trio that would be.

2. Starskreem

Starskreem Well-Known Member

nvm didnt understand they question.. late and jack daniels

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  3. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Sorry, the question is, which figures you regret NOT buying at the time, and would still be great in collection now.

4. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    Would have liked to have gotten FT-Tesla. I got into the game too late to score that one.

Also, missed out on FT-Willis, BC-Brawn and BC-Huff. However, all three got reissued, so all things are right in the world now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

well I was going to say MP-10....Buuuuuuuuuuuut.....he just arrived at my door. YAY!

• Like Like x 5
  6. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have seen used Takara Inferno for sale around $100 shipped multiple times, either here or facebook or ebay. Shouldn't be too hard or too late to get a copy. Personally I am happy with MMC backdraft together with Takara Grapple, I always try to avoid having the same mold for two different characters.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Very few. I didn't get some figures that looked interesting. Sometimes there's regret for a while (like MP-08X King grimlock)...but after a few months that's all over.

3rd party, only one for me that is still a regret is the Fans Toys grey Quakewave. Like the OP, I already had the regular version, money was a bit tight and I also try to keep my collection at a certain (decresing) limit which means not buying everything that catches my fancy. After some hesitation, I didn't get the grey Quakewave even though I really like the look and it would've meant a nice variety.

Official only Cloud Rodimus and that's ebbing away rather calmly.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    KFC Simba for me. Need to just break down and get it

• Like Like x 3
  9. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

But, most of these figures are still available, it's not like they are rarities or something. You can still get them for relatively MSRP.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

It's an interesting question, but I have to agree with @franpincho that except for a handful of figures it's mostly a non-issue. You can pretty much bet that any TT release will be re-issued, and most 3P figures can be found sitting around in some corner of the internet. I did think that PE Aranea was a good example, that figure is rare and will never be re-issued. I got it at release though so I'm good. :cool: 

Case in point, Tesla is in-stock and $95.00 at BBTS, so go nuts. I like him a lot.

For me, I guess I would say that I regret not getting FT Forager. Despite everything I've heard about his QC/design flaws, he's the best looking Kickback, and Kickback is my favorite Insecticon. The other FT Insecticons are all in stock at various places but Forager can't be found except occasionally on eBay for REALLY inflated prices. The Insecticons aren't a huge deal to me but I'm going to need them sooner or later, and with FT having said that no re-issue is planned anytime soon, I do feel like I missed the boat here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Number one on my list would be MMC Commotus. Just really love the look of the figure and have no attachment to the character at all. Still hoping to find one.

Then onto the trio of PE Aranea, Warden and Leonidas. Most likely will only ever get my hands on Warden, though.

• Like Like x 4
  12. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Absolutely feel your pain on this one zfarsh! A complete and utter beauty of a figure and the only version of this mold that I wanted. I was able to acquire one recently for $100 and I do not regret it one bit.

• Like Like x 2
  13. CigarJackal

Ebay:
    Thanks, I didn't know that BBTS still had him. He was out of stock at most of my usual go-to vendors.

With FT, it is never certain when or if they will do a reissue.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    MMC Asterisk Azalea.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I regret selling Badcube Outback but I've drawn the line at s3 cartoon. Their Pipes is testing that rule though but I'd have to cave on Swerve and Tailgate too then and fuck that rabbit hole.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Pessimus Prime

For sure, FT and 3P in general don't do re-issues much but the figures are often still floating around, often on overseas sites. Robotoybase is a pretty good source of older stuff. Wasn't trying to be dismissive so hope it didn't come off that way. I bought my Tesla from BBTS last Christmas because I was afraid they'd run out suddenly and lo and behold he's still there.

I hear you on that. But I'm a Minibot fanatic so I fell down that rabbit hole assfirst. Pipes, Swerve and Tailgate were some of my favorite toys as a kid so I had to have the MP versions. I liked BC's Outback even though the way his chest tabs in (or doesn't) is annoying. I'm drawing a bit of creative line around S3 as well, I don't care about having The Movie Decepticons or Wreck-Gar but I gotta have my crew of Kup, Hot Rod, Blurr, Magnus and Arcee.

• Like Like x 1
  17. astrotrain1975

astrotrain1975 FT-44 Thomas is my precious.

I am kicking myself for not buying Forager when I had the chance. I bought Grenadier and Mercenary like an idiot when he was still readily available.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CigarJackal

Ebay:
    No worries, no offense taken.

• Like Like x 1
  19. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

I got mine for $90 shipped, a month ago. Deals are all over, don't overpay.

It's a nice statue.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Pessimus Prime

Yeah, but how could anyone have predicted that it would be Forager that would turn out to be of Legendary Rarity, given that the other two were generally more prominent in the cartoon (Bombshell particularly) and Forager's widely noted fragility? Bizarre to me that the one objectively crap figure that FT has made is somehow the hardest one to find.