3rd Party Legends Master Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Boombastik

Boombastik Well-Known Member

Yeh, I would assume that as well. Personally, the NewAge Megatron looks crazy awesome (has my #1 vote). Who knows how small he will be though. In addition, New Age Prowl is smooth and Im wondering how MST will improve because their current cars are a little choppy. Not as much as IF, but still choppy. I havent purchased any other cars yet except the toyworld, but from what ive seen scale wise between NA prowl/ Toyworld wheeljack vs Dutch Prime its obvious wheeljack is much bigger.

I mean what I could do is all NA, and wait till they make a wheeljack and just keep toyworld marlboor as the odd ball size lol. Who freaking knows what these companies going to produce though. Too many options

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Boombastik

image.jpeg This is an interesting scale picture of cartoon wheeljack and Optimus next to each other

On a side note; I'm going to get NA megatron. I'd be surprised if they make him smaller then head high with dx9

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  3. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's a thought...

THERE IS NO EXACT SCALE BECAUSE IT CHANGES ALL THE TIME ANYWAY.

If you think it looks cool and fun, buy the toy and enjoy it.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

What’s wrong with people throwing out how they see the scale. For every person saying they like scale there’s someone to say let it go. Maybe we don’t. Maybe we like some silly scale for some silly cartoon from 30 years ago. Is that okay? Can we have that? Can you sleep at night if other people you don’t know enjoy scaling tiny figures?

• Like Like x 2
  5. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

i wouldn't say there is anything particularly wrong with throwing out scale per se. but does it have to come up in every f'ing thread at least once a day.

i mean guys we get it. some of yall like scale and others just don't give a shit about it and it is clear that we will never care about it.

i feel that is the main complaint isn't really about scale being mentioned. it is about it always being tossed out at least once a day in just about every legends thread.

when it really should just be about hey cool bot i like it or i don't here is why. but instead we get a chart and a debate that goes on and on and on.

either it works for you or it doesn't. it does not get anymore simpler than that. no need to a chart in every thread.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  6. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

hey i just thought i would toss in one last missing megatron and soundwave pic. 20190201_015511.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  8. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Nice

9. BigSargePete

BigSargePete Well-Known Member

This. New here.Been reading through a lot of threads and this x1000. If you need to pull out a chart to explain why you do or don't like a toy you need to rethink your life choices.

10. JoeBot

JoeBot Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. I cannot tell you how many threads I have stopped following and actively avoided because they all inevitably wind up as an argument about scale. It's like Godwin's law, but for transformers and scale...

I mean, c'mon, we're legends collector's, we're supposed to be better than that !

11. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

Some of you guys really enjoy control of these boards. It’s free discussion. How hard is it to roll past boring comment walls in a thread. I tip toe past the Firebird Arcee thread as it’s a bunch of teenagers hopped up on the idea of boobs. This isn’t your home, it’s a public forum for people to talk as they like and not be monitored by absent parents. If it’s so hard to read about scale again then just have fun blocking everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  12. BigSargePete

And now we're arguing about arguing about scale. Sigh... I just like cool toys.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

Just tired of people telling others to shut up. Create a Legend Scale Forum to move it out of sight from peoples delicate sensibilities since anyone is damned for repeating history they don’t know about. I’m so fucking sorry I opened my mouth about anything around here other than “cool god damn toy”.

• Like Like x 2
  14. JoeBot

JoeBot Well-Known Member

You know what, my apologies. I wasn't intending to suppress anyone's ability to have a public discussion on their interests. I have very few posts considering the length of my time as a member here, so I certainly do not intend to "control" any boards. I was just expressing my frustration at the fact that as someone who has viewed these boards for years, and has often turned to them as my primary source of research on decisions regarding new figures, I often find myself scrolling through PAGES of arguments regarding scale, which in no way helps to inform the community in regards to the figures, and often becomes toxic in nature, discouraging new fans from joining and contributing. One of the reasons I withheld from officially joining this online community for many years was due to the ridiculous amount of bickering and arguing. I had hoped that the legend community would be different, and I think it is.

Of course scale should be a component of the discussion regarding figures, but it is so difficult to include such a topic without it dominating the discussion and often derailing the entire board for multiple pages.

It's amazing that we all share a common interest in this emerging world of legends figures, and with so many new releases and a growing selection of figures to choose from, we are fortunate to have an area to discuss our interests. I was simply worried that this forum would, like many before it, end up with pages and pages of argument regarding scale, so I spoke up.

My apologies @Bezuul We all come to this board for the same thing: Awesome legends figures. Let's focus on that and not our disagreements.

• Like Like x 5
  15. BigSargePete

I think taking scale into account is perfectly fine. Just don't know why some people feel the need to prove others wrong about their opinions on scale by pulling our charts and graphs. Just think it's enough to say, "I do/don't like the scale."

• Like Like x 1
  16. Boombastik

I understand both your statement and @lilcarus @IronMagnus
    I will be the first to apologize if I have blown up threads about scale, sorry!

What I can tell you is this; having a BFA is completely different then other degrees. Example; many go to a classroom, listen to a teacher, read a book and take a test. Flip side of that is, Drawing, painting, illustrate, design, sculpt, photograph etc... and when you have finished your work everyone puts it up on the wall or if its a sculpture everyone gathers around, then everyone has to participate; say what they like, dislike, how they think it could be improved etc.. etc...(your grade is apart of that participation)

I would like to think that these toys are designed over time; they (designers of the company) draw many sketches (example, 50 for each character), then a group picks a few (three of the best), others construct the few selections (best three), then they review which ones the best, and then take that one they viewed the best and build it the best way they can. This is just an example of one process.

While I completely understand, at the end of the day these are toys, and it woulndt matter if zeta bruticus was as a big as NewAge bee and NewAge bee was as big as Zeta Bruticus, but Im searching for legend scale Cartoon accurate figures. We've seen over 3 decades of transformer toys, and Masterpieces are producing close to cartoon accurate pieces but they are too big and thats why Ive never purchased one of them.

I only started purchasing Transformers recently, because I came across legends scale, and they look as if they are little masterpiece's (a piece of artwork). I want something thats close to the cartoon I watched as a kid thats all.

17. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This post from the NA Prowl thread is a perfect illustration of why I find this scale business so... depressing. He likes the NA figure, but because it's half a cm too small, he'd rather get a figure he doesn't like as much...

18. Boombastik

LOL, I get it right, but if you have purchased a bunch of Legend+ figures then unfortunately NA prowl is smaller in comparison to them atleast in figure mode (this is their view anywho).

I do think if you really like something just go ahead a purchase it, because I have found out that over time if you dont, you may not be able to find it or your going to end up with a KO or a pre-owned one.

I will say the auto mode NA prowl is fine scale wise (length looks the same). So why not buy one for auto and figure I guess.

Cant just rely on scale, I get it, but I guess its hard for me not to visually see it and talk about it:( 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's more than a half CM too small bud. :lol 

And while I'm usually a "close enough" guy, and don't need characters to follow the holy scale chart flawlessly, I DO like them to at least look good together, and sadly the Newage Prowl will look off compared to the other G1 carbots I'm getting.

Yup, this is where I'm at.

My collection is Legends+ along with whatever looks good (to me) thrown into the mix.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Boombastik

I will say, I was really surprised to see them side by side in auto mode (NA is longer then MST, but MST wider). How in the world did NA become so small when he transforms. Could say, MST is hiding all kinds of weird stuff under his trunk :lol 

NAprowl.jpg naprowl2.jpg

• Like Like x 1