3rd Party Legends Master Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Impactor666

Impactor666 Well-Known Member

So this Arcee from Dr Wu says 10cm which sounds like it will work great with myvstuff but today I was like wait, I thought Dr Wu was like mini legends smaller than anything else out there that only scales with itself? What's everyone's else's thoughts on this Arcee I thought maybe the Height 10cm was wrong but us it because it's Dr Wu snd Mechanic toys? So more likely will scale with mft stuff? Screenshot_20211122-184545_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):

Google: tfw2005 china expo

3. Galdelico

Galdelico Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Assuming it's 10cm at the top of her head, that would make the bot considerably taller than DX9 Arcee... Not sure that size would look spot-on, next to the other MFT Movie Legends I own (Springer 2.0, Magnus, Blaster and Wreck-Gar).

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  4. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since it’s the collab with MFT I’d expect it to be scaled with MFT. However, I’d take the 10cm with a grain of salt, retailers often put up incorrect heights as guesses based on other figures.

• Like Like x 3
  5. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe it is the Shanghai convention. I haven't seen a date anywhere yet. But there is generally a thread with reveals. I think it is normally a Saturday.

6. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

Thanks, yeah, I looked up the NA Megatron thread, since he was revealed there, and it was December 14, 2018. Not to say it’ll be the same date or anything, but here’s to hoping we get some more reveals in a few weeks.

7. Impactor666

Say it is 10cm that will work for me I don't think there's anything else in the pipeline for legends Arcee anytime soon, I was Just worried she may come out at 5cm lol, along with the other Dr wu stuff, I think Springer 2.0 is about 12cm so I'm good with that. My legends Autobots I'm going for more a marvel comics scale anyway

• Like Like x 2
  8. TurtleCaps

TurtleCaps Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    For a couple years now, before Dr. Wu dropped the micro sized bots that you're talking about, they've been doing all kinds of weapons and accessories, add on kits and replacement arms etc for all sizes figures, from MP to Hasbro voyager class, Mini tapes to go with MPs a few other things. So the fact the micro figs are popular now has no impact on what size Arcee will be. It's a Collab with mech Studios so guaranteed it'll scale with legends+ and possibly even Magic Square (as they seem to have been shrinking down releases a bit to fit better with other lines).

• Like Like x 5
  9. Impactor666

Wow I didn't realise they did all that too, First time I saw it I just saw mechanic studios in the title and instantly thought of the other legends plus stuff I'd gotten off them in the past.

10. djtotalcommander

djtotalcommander Member

will this guy ever came out? I paid full preorder almost a year ago :D  should I cancel?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  11. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

don't cancel that is just how the legends world works. it will definitely come out and last time we saw it the bots were basically finished and all boxed up ready to ship.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
  13. OrionMagnus

OrionMagnus Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    Hey everyone, just wanted to get some opinions. I've been eyeing the Newage Ultra Magnus for a lil bit, are there any other versions? Doesn't Magic Square have their own too along with Mech Fans Toys? Which one has the most praise at the moment?

(Edit: I also apologize if this is the wrong place to ask)

14. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    There are multiple versions out there and it all depends on what you would like.

MS has two versions but both will be hard to get. They had a all in one figure years ago. You could possibly find one on eBay resale. MS V2 is two separate purchases. A white Optimus Prime from years ago and a Trailer set that can be found now. I hear mixed results from it. It’s a good looking figure but it’s a parts formy mess.

NA has their White Prime and Armor set that just came out. I have it it’s fun but has some visual flaws that some hate like the white prime arms chilling out on the top.

MFT is another all in one no White Prime figure. It’s similar to MS V1 and is the biggest option of the three.

This Review should help

• Like Like x 4
  15. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone Well-Known Member

Also, don't forget that MS has their 2.0 Optimus coming out soon (i think?) so there may be another white Prime/armor combo coming too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I don’t expect it any time soon. V2 Magnus Armor just got released this year. V2 Optimus looks in compatible. MS will be better to wait and make a V3 Magnus in a year or two with a heavily retooled White Optimus figure based on their V2 prime mold and package it with the armor / trailer. Either way it might piss off MS fans that they can’t have a definitive Magnus for more than a year and a half.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone Well-Known Member

Yeah count me among those waiting for a definitive Magnus. I've never been in to the whole White Prime thing anyway, so what I really want is a 2.0 Transporter. Crossing my fingers they can pull off a legends-scale Commander Stack.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    Iron Factory has one, too. He's a bit of a bruiser.

19. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Misguided Optimist.

MS put out a self contained Magnus a few years ago, and when I tried tracking him down this year...It happened...

The Newage/Magic Square Ultra Magnus Wars™®.

I was like you, on the fence about which one to get.

After a few months of questioning which is the best one, I decided on the New Age Magnus.

NA Cons: Some would say the double windshield/chest, the way the matrix chamber operates, and the visible forearms in 'Ultra' mode. Small car carrier.
    Pros: You get everything in one box. Scales well with either MS or NA. You get a white prime (if that's your kind of thing).

I'd say the mess of parts that is the MS Magnus 2.0, plus the fact that you've got to track down an increasingly HTF figure in addition to the armor/car carrier set would be Severe Cons. But that's just my :2c: .

20. OrionMagnus

OrionMagnus Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    Hey thanks so much for the replies, everyone! I did check a few reviews including the one I was suggested and I'm honestly leaning towards the Newage, Magic Square does seem nicer aesthetically imo but I really don't feel like hunting down two separate things.