3rd Party Legends Master Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jan 24, 2018.

1. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

Yes, I just keep the tapes with Soundwave on my season 1 shelf though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

During my usual morning refreshes, I opened a new tab to see if there were any new listings on ShowZ Store and saw a few new listings with attendant guesstimates of release dates:

Q3 2021
    EX-48 Hannyamaru (Cyclonus)
    EX-49P The Last Prophet (Alpha Trion)
    EX-50 Daishogun Boonmaru (Grimlock)

Q4 2021
    EX-52 Twin Edged Blade Kochuu-Norimune (Drift)
    EX-53 Oni-varja (Lockdown)

And, of course, add a couple or a few months on to those guesstimates to account for inevitable delays. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 3
  4. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

I’ve caved and am starting a legends collection. I have an idea of what company to go with, that being Newage, but with Megatron I think I’m going with Magic Square. First reason being I can get a feel for both companies, but also because I think their Megatron has a stronger presence. And I can’t justify damn near a hundred for a Newage Megatron and his upgrade kit from eBay sellers right now.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Meekutron

Meekutron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats fine. @Zherneboh has done awesome photos of Magic Square Megatron with Newage Decepticons. If you're in Europe, @ManelFigures is selling seekers as he recently quit his Newage collection

• Like Like x 4
  6. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Picklejho

Instagram:
    Best Brands: NewAge (Legend Less / minor) and Magic Square (Legend), even some few bots of MechFansToys (Legend Plus). You can mix the collection if you're not a "scale obsessed".

· Legend "less / minor": it's the smallest scale of the legend bots, sometimes are too small to mix with other brands but the quality is superb.
    · Legend: The common scale with the best size and prices.
    · Legend "Plus": They usually be KO or copies from the original, but oversized with some improvements (or more issues depending the brand).

I'm selling the six main seekers and coneheads of NewAge. :)  (thanks @Meekutron)

Check my Instagram account, I usually take comparison pictures of the three brands.

ManelFigures • Instagram

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Absolutely man you have to try them out, see what you like. I really like all three legends company just like @ManelFigures has described it. I generally like Newage the best because I favour their smaller scale and slimmer bots with the very high quality paint apps etc...but some MS and MFT bots are stellar and hard to beat too.

MS Doomsday, aka Megatron is a fantastic figure, I definitely like him best as my toon Megs, the NA I've kept the toy version because the paint and sculpt look great (I didn't get any upgrades but might have done if it was my main toon Megs). And many of them fit well together too, again @ManelFigures has taken more cross company shots than me of legends figures but I really like how Doomsday fits with Newage Starscream and Soundwave (i.e they're a bit smaller and slighter than him). Just my preference! Happy hunting! Tumblr_l_14708187800899.jpg
    Thanks for the mention @Meekutron too:) 

• Like Like x 14
  8. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Picklejho

Instagram:
    Being fair, NA Seekers fits perfect with MST Megatron if we compare it with the official size chart. NewAge has a very high quality paints and materials, but I prefer the more squared shape of MST ones (they're simplier). In fact, MST Seekers are too big for MST Megatron, but I really love the aesthetics of MST. :) 

At the end of the day NA and MST is the best perfection that we can find in legend scale.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

I’m sure you’re aware but if you’re getting MS Megatron don’t forget that they just released a metallic version that looks stellar. It’s actually in stock now, mine just shipped yesterday.

• Like Like x 2
  10. R3M1NGT0N

That’s the one I’m eyeing. I’m planning on doing a bulk purchase of that and PX Shockwave once Megatron goes in stock there. He captures the dreamwave look that I want for my Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Phase Sixer

Yeah I love that they painted the inner legs red. Very comic-booky.

12. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN PRIMA DONNA

where are you quoting $100 for NA megs plus upgrade from? should only run you about $50 for megs and $12 for the legs.

Show.Z Store

13. R3M1NGT0N

EBay sellers. Only place I found Newage Megatron was on the aftermarket. 75 for the figure and 12 for the legs.

14. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    My friend Show.Z is sold out H9, except for the golden one.

15. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN PRIMA DONNA

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  16. Meekutron

Meekutron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FB_IMG_1610756864678.jpg
    This is the new mold for TAKARA Masterpiece seekers. Dunno if I'm comparing apples to oranges but I think Newage and/or Magic Square seekers wore it better. Anyone feel this way? Or is it unfair to the MP cos he's bigger so more "flaws" are seen? I'm no engineer. I just feel like my MS Voice Ripple and MFT Iron Sky make me smile more than my Takara Soundwave and FT Thomas. I guess the legends offerings just getaway with the more toon look because of the smaller real estate. Just random thoughts of a legends addict...

• Like Like x 9
  17. LeoJ

LeoJ Well-Known Member

Nah the newage seekers we’re definitely better looking and better engineered

• Like Like x 4
  18. Phase Sixer

I think NA look better too.

• Like Like x 4
  19. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN PRIMA DONNA

agreed. his upper torso looks decent. but that waist/crotch area looks like he's wearing diapers over a jock cup. and the leg proportions look a tad wonky to me.

• Like Like x 3
  20. LeoJ

LeoJ Well-Known Member

I think on top of that that blocky g1 designs lend themselves better to smaller figures rather than larger ones

• Like Like x 3