3rd Party Legends Master Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jan 24, 2018.

1. legislative

legislative Well-Known Member

Hello friends, have been away for a while. Could you please give me some advices? I have a couple of Legends (+/-) so far. And I am looking for an awesome Smokescreen and the best OP available, size doesnt matter too much (legends- to legends+). I already have the KBB OP but I do not like the transformation process much. So I am looking for another one, is MS the way to go?

Smokescreen should look great in both modes. And I am looking for the most joy during transformation. I love my NA Jazz (my favourite 3rd party item so far), is NA Smokescreen the one I should get? Or should I go with MS or IronTrans or anything else?

Thanks for your help guys!

• Like Like x 1
  2. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

i would say MS prime is currently the best legend offering. but hoping NA will make a stab at delivering a better one soon that can improve on MS prime. my only real complaint about MS prime is his head is too small.

if you already have NA jazz and happy with him, then you should be equally happy with NA smokescreen. but if you aren't too concerned about scale and looking for larger, than IronTrans is great value for the money as you can get all three - prowl, bluestreak and smokescreen for the price of about two NA carbots.

• Like Like x 1
  3. legislative

Thank you mate! Had a second look at IronTrans, NA looks way cleaner to me. I think I stick to NA for this one. Have to find out when NA OP is going to be released. I dont like the normal MS OP much, but the metallic version looks stunning! It is pretty pricey though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I have a mixed collection and IronTrans Datsun Brothers are really really good.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

yes, the IronTrans are definitely fun and cheap. i have NA carbots but still bought the IT ones too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. allesbraun

allesbraun Well-Known Member

Just passing to say thanks for everyone who helped with options for a good Megatron Legends Scale.
    Ended up going with the Jinbao os version and I believe it matches my Hot Soldier Optimus Prime. :D 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  7. legislative

Thanks for your opinion guys, one Datsun is enough for me, so I think I go with NA. Thanks for the advice @allesbraun.

Just saw a clip that shows the MS OP. The transformation doesnt look like something that could be fun for me. So I have to check out the HS OP transformation. Maybe it is better to wait for NA...

• Like Like x 1
  8. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Echoing the comments above - I have both the IronTrans and NA Datsuns and like both. But if you love NA Jazz then you will love the NA Datsuns too - same level of design sophistication and they will scale well together. If you're going to stick with that scale then I think MS Prime might fit better. I still prefer HS Prime as my Legends/Legends+ Prime, but he's a little tall for the NA bots (@Snaku feels differently though, it's all a matter or preference and opinion).

• Like Like x 2
  9. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Chiming in on Smokescreen, I think you'll be happy with the New Age one, #legislative, if you like that car. None of the other options come anywhere close to an accurate car mode as NA does.
    And it has something else going for it - it has a sticker set. So does NA Jazz, (which I adore) if you did not get the EX version with the car details, you can add them.

The stickers look pretty nice on Smokey, and it's a really sweet car mode, and I really like the bot too.

ss1.jpg

I think there is a spoiler you can get for it too. I'd like to track that down.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

for what it’s worth, HS Prime was more annoying than MS Prime to transform I found, the arms were just really a pain to tuck into the sides. If you’re looking for simple, these 3p legends just aren’t, lots of itty pieces and flaps and pivots.

11. legislative

Thank you very much for your opinions guys!

@OCProwl: I don't care much for size fits to be honest. I have a small fine legends mix that contains IF, MS, MFT, NA, TW, HS and some KOs. I love all of them. I dont even display my guys, just grab them every few weeks/month out of the box. My 5 year old daughter plays kindergarden with them (the legends are the children and my bigger guys are the educators). Meanwhile I look at the legends and wonder how somerhing so amazing could be so small. Then I want to transform some of them, they are a kind of a puzzle to me. After that I am satisfied and the guys want to go to sleep in their box again.

@StrangePlanet: Done deal! I am going to get the NA Smokescreen. That TW Wheeljack is awesome btw, I also got it and love it. Head could be a bit bigger though.

@Spiffy: It doesnt have to be simple, just fun. Hard to explain... I dont want to use a lot of power to get it done. It just has to make sense. Do you have any suggestions?

• Like Like x 2
  12. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

is that toyworld wheeljack? looks really good in alt, but seen pictures of bot mode and it seems lacking. :( 
    isn't the best representation look wise, but isn't the old DX9 and JB OS KO dutch mold fairly simplistic?

13. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

A knockoff, of a knockoff, of a bootleg

dear god

• Like Like x 1
  14. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

yes, it's all kinds of awesome, isn't it?!?!?! :D 

• Like Like x 2
  15. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

i think that one is just a normal KO of the MS bot. they dont have any of the MFT improvements...i dont think

16. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

It's got the ramp and chest mods
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

strange i never noticed that. but i wonder why they used the MS matrix. the MFT one looks so much cleaner.

18. Tismark

Tismark Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Is the matrix molded in place? That doesn't look removable.

PS Granted my MFT Magnus' matrix has probably been out once since I got it. LOL

19. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've come around. I don't really do NA any more and pretty much stick to MST. I still think MST's carbots are a little too big but for everything else, I think NA goes too small, especially their vanbots. Also I use MST Optimus for my Legends collection now with HS Prime relegated to my Optimus/Megatron collection.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Meekutron

Meekutron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FB_IMG_1597615010829.jpg FB_IMG_1597615029543.jpg FB_IMG_1597615036042.jpg
    On the left by Costperformance. photos by aubrey

• Like Like x 9