3rd Party Legends Master Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jan 24, 2018.

1. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I think the Legends + scale was a bit of a happy accident novelty, thanks to MFT's KOing and upsizing of existing products. I think the catalog of available figures has grown to the point that it's certainly it's own established scale, especially since companies like Mechanic Studio are specifically designing their figures to be in relative proportion with the other larger figures. So, I think it's arguable that the two scales should have separate threads, for ease of review.

That said, I think this Master Thread is so cluttered with questions, commentary, and discussion that I almost think it no longer serves its original intended purpose of being an index of figures that have been produced for the scale. That's why I personally follow each figure's independent thread, when there is one. It makes it much easier for me to keep up with updates on the figure's production and availability.

I think it'd be great if there'd be some serious housekeeping done by a mod to keep this thread, and potential Legends + Master Thread, strictly to product listings and thread linkings. That would really serve the intended purpose for collectors to be able to find what is available in their preferred scale(s).
    The 10cm would put him right to the top of MST Optimus's chest, and probably in a good position to get the classic Megatron headlock from New Age's or Magic Square's upcoming Megatrons. For comparison, DX9's Arcee is 9.4cm at the top of her head, DX9's Kup is 9.3cm at the top of his head, and MFT's oversized Kup is 11cm at the top of his head.

From their comment replies on Weibo, and in the MFT/Mechanic Studios collectors chat, Mechanic Studios implies that they'll be doing a new Arcee, and Sharkticons, but not Kup. Just things to consider, if you have a collection in mind that you're buying for.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    always hard to disagree with you :) 
    I was also considering that I was noticing less IF designs being turned into L+ and more original designs.

Also, the way I go about it is clicking on 3p forums and then searching for the words legends in the various threads.
    And tbh, (but this is biased and may be different if your new to legends collecting or are catching up) I'm more interested in new releases or
    eventually size comparison and such when I find out about a new figure (by a diff company etc) or want to get a figure I wasn't sure of
    in which case I go directly to the specified figure thread.
    This is to say that the L master thread has for some time now addressed the 'keep up to date' issue,
    I'm not sure it can also work as an index.
    o/

• Like Like x 3
  3. DDS22

DDS22 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ooh please post pics

• Like Like x 1
  4. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I swear, i have never wished more that the US used the metric system for a standard... It's for a self-indulgent reason, for sure, because there are many benefits of joining the rest of the world with standards, but being able to visualize 10cm for a small sized transforming robot toy is the main reason I want that. :D 

• Like Like x 4
  5. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    2.5cm is roughly = 1 in, so 10 cm is just under 4 in. Yeah, I wish we used Metric as well. And got rid of Daylight Savings Time. And light beer.

• Like Like x 5
  6. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even as a kid I wished we used metric. It is just so much easier to do the math.

I was excited when my state wanted stop switching between Standard and DLS time, but disappointed that they deferred to California to switch to DLS instead of Standard. Now we're stuck waiting for Congressional approval

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

i think being on the standard system is the tits. when i was a child in school we learned both and i have never had an issue when it comes to metric.

i just like that we have our own thing when it comes to units of measurements and weight. and we force to world to comply at times.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

BA?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Megawillbot

• Like Like x 1
  10. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why people are complaining, he's about the right size to go with those 2. The scale didn't change, Scorponok should be taller

• Like Like x 2
  11. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    blackarachnia

I'd rather not antagonize you but
    I want to represent the other side of the coin as you seem to put everyone in the same boat..

1 Transform Element seems to scale their BW stuff in proportion with their MP previous releases. In that sense I guess your are right about the scale.

Having however made figures of a scale that fits in legends, it is reasonable to consider there might be an 'additional audience' for the product who seeks it for different reasons.

And again, while Legends + collectors seems to be very vocal on these forums, there are also those who dont mix scales. (the smaller the scale the smaller the size difference)

I really don't see the point of arguing that something is the correct scale for everyone...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Charlock

Charlock Lighten Up, Francis.

@NOCV, you leave my hillbilly beer out of this!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Megawillbot

I thought their Blackarachnia was closer to mpm than mp

• Like Like x 2
  14. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I meant their Prime, which is 26cm tall according to robotoybase

• Like Like x 1
  15. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  16. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Norita man

Norita man Well-Known Member

Yes official. I wanted arcee bulkhead and airachnia but they were very expensive and hard to find

• Like Like x 2
  18. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yes, a lot of them, official releases under the "Cyberverse" line. Back when the show was new. The larger figures (current day Legends) were Commander class and the smaller ones were Legion. This line also included lots of legends/legion bayverse figures.

Cyberverse (toyline) - Transformers Wiki

Here's my TF: Prime legends collection:

[​IMG]

Bonus, you can do an AWESOME gerwalk mode with the Dreadwing/Skyquake figure.

You might try going for some of the repaints. Flamewar (Prime) - Transformers Wiki instead of Arcee.. and I have a Battle Tactics and a Beast Hunters Bulkhead (Prime) - Transformers Wiki I can let go. The Beast Hunters one was an homage to Roadbuster, so you can use him as a stand-in for that character if you want.

Here's an Airachnid for $12 Airachnid Beast Hunters 100% Complete Cyberverse Legion Prime Transformers | eBay

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  19. Norita man

Norita man Well-Known Member

THANKS you re awesome!!
    I actually managed to get the regular arcee from my cousin in japan and someone on ebay sold me both bulkhead Nd airachnia but at the end it was very long ( I wanted a green bulkhead).
    I also got flamewear cause I wanted 3 bike legend scale bots. The 3rd one was a roft arcee legend scale

• Like Like x 1
  20. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 10