3P Legends Index and New Releases - This is not a general discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jan 24, 2018.

1. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    With Hot Rod, maybe they could do like they did with Megatron, having various add ons to make him look however best the owner wants to display him, i.e. a G1 version, an IDW version, etc.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Grouch

Grouch Stranger in a Strange Land

I do wish they’d revisit the Datsun bro’s with a more earthish mode.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Grievlocke

Grievlocke Omni Armory

News Credits:
    Not much to speculate on imo, Iron Samurai Cyclonus and Tailgate.

• Like Like x 2
  4. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i really hope IF doesnt waste a slot that should easily go to rachet or another big named bot with tailgate. he was such a nothing garbage character. maybe down the line sure why not but get some more cool bots out first.

• Like Like x 2
  5. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They can do Tailgate if they must... But I'm happy with the Maketoys one. It's a little dated, but it works.

• Like Like x 2
  6. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And yet was popular with other people, and got a lot of page time. I'll be quite happy with whatever MTME/LL figures IF does, whenever they get to them, and not at all upset if Tailgate comes before, well, whoever.

• Like Like x 3
  7. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, there is ton of MTMTE/LL characters I really would like to see.

• Like Like x 1
  8. lilcarus

News Credits:
    dont get me wrong he was a great addition when he first showed up. i loved everything about his story with cyclonus.

but as the books progressed he just kept getting worse. all the lvl19 mary sue plot armor they kept slapping on him ruined everything about this little bots story.

• Like Like x 3
  9. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, you've read the comics in a very different way to me then. Not uncommon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lilcarus

News Credits:
    not to start any deep comic book discussion or anything.

but i am curious how else could his story be interpreted. other than exactly how he was portrayed in the comics.

dont get me wrong i enjoyed all his stories especially how they fleshed out cyclonus. i also like a good fake out death every now and then. but i think he had like 3 or more and that got old fast. but in the end i think the straw that broke the camel's back for me with his character was his mutated spark making him a space hulk basically and how he got off the necroworld with a hand wave.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    i never was a fan of tailgate, even more so after his mary sue spin in mtmte...

But more importantly from a collection perspective:
    - seen how big IF cliffjumper seems to be, I'd rather wait for New Age to do a tiny Windcharger,
    - im much more concerned with WC scaling with my other stuff and will be happy to get the eventual recolour and finally get rid of that oversized hasbro tailgate and his damn shoulders that put Pyro to shame... -.-

fandom is divided without knowing
    people who like LSTOW grim dark approach don't know they like Roche instead of Roberts.
    Roberts rise to power stemmed from his collab with Roche on LSTOW and MTMTE was never on the same 'notes'. Even Overlords reawakening on the LL was a completely different beast from LSOTW. SotW confirms the difference as Roche worked on the script alone.
    Tailgate, Rewind and Chromodome represent these very differences, there is no point arguing as both sides are looking for different things in their comics

In retrospective I just wish Barber had .. at best overseen RiD and let Roche have a go at it
    this way we would have had both styles instead of asking Roberts to be what he never was...

then again,, that way Roche would never had had all that time to write SotW which .. I think.. I prefer to LSotW

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

Need some help here... I'd transformed this guy before. The tolerance must have been tight back then and started the stress. Went to move his leg and it snapped clear off. Of course I got him last January and he sat until now, barring the initial transformation. I've gotten help from MMC before--they replaced a broken component on Carnifex and one on Anubis. Anyone know if Iron Factory will do the same?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. lilcarus

News Credits:
    im not sure how that happened but man that sucks.

you can try to reach out to IF but since that was a limited edition run they might be out of that hip assembly. with that said you could just ask for the black hips from the battle charger set.

also, you can still find him on ebay of you are a stickler for matching him 100%.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree with lilcarus, I don’t think you’ll be able to get a replacement part for an out of production part.

That’s a bummer, he’s such a cool fig.

Edit: BBTS still has him for a good price, maybe snatch it up while you can.

IF-EX26H Racing Bros. Heavymetal Limited Edition Exclusive

• Like Like x 2
  15. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    if you cant get help from IF try and fix it. however u will lose some mobility.
    U could wedge inn the crotch a needle (bit thicker than paper pins possibly).
    Do this by heating said needle and not by hammering it in as that would create a crack (the space will create space as a crack - while if u go in with a heated object it will push the extra material out)
    Remember to do this with some good pincers so your not holding the needle as u heat it and push it inn.
    Careful, as you'd have to wedge the needle in both crotch and leg u don't want to do this one at a time as while you heat the - other end you need to have removed it from the plastic or it will melt the hole wider
    my unperfect solution is to leave one side of the needle wedged in by the heat and leaving the other side lose as this will allow you to keep mobility to a degree. True the leg will fall off...
    u might get some better advice or some improved tweaks on this in the radicon section as thats the best way to get hold of some of the most skilled modders.

its not a perfect solution and IF plastic is brittle so I hope IF helps you out. they did fix the tarn thing .. gl

• Like Like x 2
  16. twoodel

twoodel Well-Known Member

Iron Factory in my experience is hard to get a hold of. I messaged them weeks ago about getting a replacement part and have not heard back from them yet.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jedah Dohma

Jedah Dohma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who did you buy him from? I got an IF Scorponok from Bababobo on ebay and the stinger broke off and also came without one of his guns. I contacted him and he got in touch with IF for replacement parts which I got about a month later, so he pulled through. I figure that a seller or distributor would have a better chance of reaching a company.

• Like Like x 1
  18. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    Moral of the story... If you start to move something and feel resistance, stop and oil that shit up.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

TFSource. Sent them a message.

• Like Like x 3
  20. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3