3rd Party Items Banned from BotCon 2015

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Apr 29, 2015.

1. StarSaber

StarSaber Well-Known Member

I doubt it's in the job description for the Hasbro design team to scout the convention for IP-infringing items and report them even if they have the opportunity and means. They may not even care as it's not their department and therefore neither their concern nor their problem.

A rep for Hasbro Legal however...

-SS (Now which one is more likely to enact and enforce a ban?)

2. StarSaber

If by "3rd Party products" you mean fully-transformable robots bearing an uncanny likeness to Hasbro characters then...yes.

If you mean accessory packs of original design...no, those will be allowed with the exception of custom heads that are clearly meant to be characters from Hasbro-licensed media.

Venksta's post pretty clearly spells out what's allowed and what's not.That he can't
    sell IDW-based heads there is pretty damn telling.

I mean if you can't sell HEADS, you certainly can't sell entire robot toys.

As for generating controversy, it's definitely done that.

-SS (150 pages worth at least.)

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Seriously? The design people how what they made and what they did not. All they would have to do is say something to Brian and boom, enforcement.

-SG (Insert stupid comment here)

4. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What exactly are we considering "fan backlash"? The anonymous bitching and whining that goes these threads?

Because I was at Botcon 2012. And I don't remember anything happening there that was significant enough to be considered fan backlash (as far as 3P).

5. StarSaber

I'm not saying they couldn't. I'm saying they might not care to do so because it's not their responsibility. Brian and/or FP aren't going to do anything about it until Hasbro tells them to which seems to be the case here. Otherwise, why would they care? They want dealers to bring MORE to sell not less. It's in their best interests to keep both the dealers and the fans happy BUT it's also in their best interests as a licensee/partner to keep HASBRO happy as well.

And real mature mocking my omega/.sig./postscript.
    It comes off as the internet equivalent of "I know you are but what am I?". Really?

-SS (What are you? Eight?)

6. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure your job description is whatever they tell you to do, or they will just get someone that will do it.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Guys, make sure to keep this thread on its topic as well as spam free:

1. No Insults, Trolling, Flaming, Name Calling, Harassing, Etc.
    We will not tolerate insults, excessive profanity or throwing a topic off course. Use of racial, bigoted, sexist, or discriminatory terms or phrases is not accepted. Posts intended solely to antagonize others are not accepted. Keep topics/posts where they belong. Generally, “play nice”.

12. No Spam
    We do not allow spamming in our general forums. Spam is relegated to the Fuzzy World Forum. The Fuzzy World is a perk for TFW2005 Supporters.