3rd Party Items Banned from BotCon 2015

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

And I likewise wonder how Fox News got into my house. :lol 

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I once read a story about someone who posted something online with the pure intent of being contrary to a fact someone else established. Later on they reviewed that thought in their head and thought "Well hell, they were right after all, crud." Hollow/overly thin sections look bad. This has been established long ago. It takes away from the feeling of having a quality product, it reduces display options, and in worst case scenarios, which with Comber wars is becoming regular case scenarios reduces life span of the products (See CW Superion's head shelf.. utter ruibbish) The hollow white forearms under CW Air Raid's already woefully poorly covered wing pivot makes swinging the wings out look horrid. I mean compare that to a real 14, would another 1/4th of cover over that swivel point really broke the bank?

But it's cool you have to protest, we all say things that really shouldn't be said in the heat of the moment when we are feeling our most argumentative, happens to the everyone. It's understandable

And yes for those who can't tell I'm partly joking... I'll do the blue type thing to clear it up for those who need it..

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  3. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It would go a long way if the guy would come out and say whats what. He said that TFW's headline was inaccurate because the brochure said IP infringement. All he has to say is if they mean KOs only or are 3P transforming toys included in that. That's all they have to say, it's a pretty big distinction and they're just not saying it. As you can read here, there's A LOT of confusion between people. Some saying they've already said 3P are ok, just not KOs, most saying all 3P/KOs aren't welcome.

4. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Technically true. It might be the difference between IP infringing and IP infringement.

But in the case of Botcon it doesn't matter. Funpub rents out the space and has a right to decide what can and cannot be sold there. And they will say whatever Hasbro tells them to say. Most likely Hasbro doesn't have to have a legal or judicial reason for ending it's licensing with Funpub.

I'm missing something. What's the big problem here. Can't they just sell it out of their hotel rooms like they did before?

5. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why should Hasbro have to compete with products that are ripping them off?
    Don't get me wrong - I own a bunch of 3rd party stuff, and I'm definitely going to buy some more judging on what's coming out - but the attitude that Hasbro somehow needs to own up or compete with people who are literally thieving their intellectual property is bogus. It doesn't matter what they themselves release.

It's not my problem, and this is not a dig against 3rd Party. But most 3rd Party companies have long ago crossed the line, there's really no grey area anymore. :) 

6. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Pretty much my thoughts.

7. Boy Blunder

I can't tell if you're being serious or parody.

In case it's the former, just letting you in on a little secret? People can have different opinions. It makes life grand and interesting.

Specifically in regards to the hollow arms on Firefly? I'm staring right into their abyss at the moment and it doesn't bother me one damn bit.

Apparently, since Kaijumaster was referring to something else entirely.

8. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Only if it's written that way.
    You'd have to check the actual copyrights.

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

He´s probably is unaware that I already own most of CW releases so far. It´s just so precious to see people making fools of themselves like this.

10. Prometheus 073

Prometheus 073 Well-Known Member

I dunno. I might have dome something wrong when I went to post. I'm faint from my vigil for clarification.

And Dude. I am not an exhibitor. I just want to know what sorts of toys are going to be there. I just want clairification.

So I con know whether I want to go or not.

I just want clarification.

And I have not gotten it. That post you keep quoting, from Pete? That is not clarification. Clarification is when you receive information of some sort, and then you know MORE then before you got that information. Officially, we are as much in the dark as we ever were.

PETE?

[email protected]?

CLARIFICATION PLEASE????

11. StarSaber

StarSaber Well-Known Member

That would be silly and time-consuming if that had to be done for each and every character. I believe that simply using the character in some form of media automatically attaches ownership but additional usage solidifies that ownership.Many media forms include claims of ownership for both characters and their likenesses.

Marvel still retains ownership of Circuit-Breaker decades later even though they haven't used the character since the G1 comic ended.

You *might* get an exception for characters that are so obscure that they were only name-dropped or only appeared in a couple of panels as their usage isn't prominent.

-SS (Scrounge was pretty obscure but had an entire issue devoted to him.)

12. Randomus

Randomus Heretic

Well, they lose some market share in our wallets, but I think their customer base is still safe. Not everyone will buy a $85 targetmaster over a $25 truck.

13. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

A little bit of both, but 100% serious about the engineering flaws in those two combiner wars examples. There is 0 reason that head shelf on Silverbolt should be so thin, and 0 reason that pivot point should be so poorly designed.

Yes I was basically kidding around about most of the rest.

14. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

oh here we go again LOL

15. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

Sounds right. Doesn't matter the least. A great time should be had by all attending. It's really a vendor concern. And like you said... Everyone knows. I can see BBTS reserving a room for after hours.

16. Prometheus 073

Prometheus 073 Well-Known Member

I wonder if [email protected] even knows.

Maybe nobody knows.

Maybe we are all

alone in the dark.

17. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I didn't know this was a "new" thing. I thought this happened at a past Botcon already and just continued on.

18. Boy Blunder

Clarification, please. :lol 

19. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    It's pretty safe to assume were already there

20. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Since you couldn't tell, I put the jokey parts in blue for you, hope that helps clear it up for you.