3rd Party Head For Classics Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Xiztizen Kang, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Xiztizen Kang

Xiztizen Kang Sweeper

Is there a 3rd party g1 style alternate head for the Classics Voyager Optimus? I know there is one for the Deluxe Ultimate Battle Optimus but has there really no one that made or thought of making one for the Voyager? I love the mold as it still holds up even by today standards but the head always bothers me and really has really shown it's age.

2. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    None that I'm aware of.

3. swOd

swOd Search and Wrescue

I too would love a newer one, has got to have a face plate all day long. Hell, I'd put one on Classics, Evasion and Prime Prime.

4. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really love the headmold. The paint on the Henkei version really makes a difference.

What kind of an upgrade would you want? More of an IDW style or more G1?

5. Xiztizen Kang

Xiztizen Kang Sweeper

More G1

6. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
  7. swOd

swOd Search and Wrescue

More G1 or very IDW would work. I really do like the mold, but wish someone would make a whole kit to fix the little things-- new hands with wrist articulation, new feet that could extend downward to give just a bit more height and have some ankle pivot, and a new ball joint on the neck to go with the new head. Doing the door/arm mod helps a lot to improve the look (you take the doors off and they can be stored in the screw holes on his shoulders-mod in Radicons), but its still in need of a few things to update it to the point of remaining my Autobot leader.

8. Xiztizen Kang

Xiztizen Kang Sweeper

No I already know about the upgrade kit for the Deluxe. I'm talking about the Voyager Classics Optimus.

9. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Are you aware fansproject is releasing a classics prime next year? his engineering is heavily derived from the classics prime mold but his alt mode is quite different, though we've yet to see him in bot mode he should end up looking "more g1" than the classics mold and should have the slightly bigger height/wrist swivel etc stuff you want. I really can't see any company bothering to upgrade the old mold now especially given new feet and hands would require duplicating the existing parts but modifying them (which is very hard/costly) and releasing a product that forces people to modify an existing figure and most companies do not want to force people to modify their existing figures. And no swapping out cp's hands and feet is not the same/as easy as say replacing a ball jointed head.

FP's prime will also be coming in a bigger trailered version that will include pmp style armor parts. Maketoys is doing something similar with their deluxe prime version of the rts mold with new battle tanker trailers.

10. Xiztizen Kang

Xiztizen Kang Sweeper

I wonder if the Alternators Optimus Prime Head would fit. It has the perfect look but not sure if it is too big or too small because I never saw any size comparison s of the figure.

11. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Both my Classics Voy Prime and Alt Prime are in storage but I'm pretty certain that Alt Prime's head is too big to use on Classics Voy Prime.

12. Xiztizen Kang

Xiztizen Kang Sweeper

That's a shame; the Alt Prime has an incredible head sculpt.