3rd party figures you still have but you'll never transform again

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by siniquezu, Jan 15, 2023.

1. HAL237

HAL237 Be provocative, be organized

News Credits:
    MP-36 is a third party figure? News to me.

2. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Zeta's Armageddon because I hate it...

TBH... All my collection, I really don't like to transform anything, I only do it if I buy two copies and I want one in alt-mode

3. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

One-upping the thread title, I will never transform FansToys jabber/Blurr EVER. All due to the fact that you'll likely crack the ring connection of that panel on the metal hinge forming that side panels in car mode. And it sucks, because I love transforming my figures. I've never seen him in alt mode in my own hands. Robot mode looks fantastic, but I always get a bit of a twitch behind the eye (that's not real) when I look at him, knowing I can't transform it.

TW Constructor would be another, but I have to get it back to Devastator mode. I've put him together, got them to vehicle mode, and all six to robot mode. I've greased quite a few parts and shaved some others down to get rid of the squeaky/tightness, and I still need to replace some of the appropriate screws with longer ones (gave up on metric machine screws since their threads are too fine, so ordered m2.3x12mm coarser machine screws through AliExpress and hope to get that done soon). But once I get him assembled--saying there are no issues--he'll sadly stay that way.

Otherwise, my figures are meant to be transformed back and forth. Even the "painful" ones will get their go-throughs again at some point.

• Like Like x 4
  4. OverBleed

OverBleed I Love This Show!

Never transform again:
    Rouge - afraid I'll break it
    Constructor - better combined, dislike bot modes
    DS Seekers - not enjoyable

Never transformed at all:
    Jabber - afraid I'll break it
    IT Optimus - Never did, idk why

Most repaints I have don't get transformed much or even at all.

• Like Like x 2
  5. werewolfspice

werewolfspice Bat Chain Puller

Ebay:
    I think you should actually transform Jabber. It’s actually not the nightmare you might think it is. Parts of that transformation are even-dare I say it- fun. I’ve never cracked that panel and mine has been back n forth a number of times. I know people love to hate that figure but I promise it isn’t as bad as its reputation would lead you to believe.

mind you I just spent a miserable weekend with the G2 XTB Menasor trailer, and compared to that monstrosity, every single ft transformation is lovely.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    If I were to feel that way about a figure, I wouldn’t keep it. I buy these toys for the transformation aspect. I have no interest in character statues or action figures. If I don’t enjoy transforming it, I’m selling it.

• Like Like x 9
  7. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I get older, most all masterpiece. I have so many I often forget. I’m always afraid of breakage.

• Like Like x 3
  8. YukatanJack

YukatanJack Robot Enjoyer

I'd never say never, but FansToys Koot is as close to never as I've got in the collection. Every time in the past I've thought, "it can't be THAT bad, let's try it again," I realize anew that yes, it really is that bad.

In a similar vein, TE Optimus seems like it shouldn't be that hard, but every time I try it I experience fresh regret.

Oh and then there's MakeToys Giant -- I love that figure but I know I've got a break somewhere on it, so I never really want to mess with it.

9. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

With anything else I'd be the same way. Blurr was one of few I had as a kid, and the only one from the main season 3 cast. And this version is the best-looking one. But what you're talking about is the very reason it bugs me so much that I can't transform him.

Talking to "you should try it anyway," too many of them have broken. Even if some haven't, it's just too high a risk. Because once it's done, that's it. And honestly, the rest of the transformation looks fun. Unless they do some kind of reissue with a fix, and a way to buy that fix for older figures, I'm just not taking the chance.

On the flipside, the instant a better one comes along (TE/DS/ST/NextName, or TakTom, etc.), he's getting sold.

10. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Tears that soak a callous heart

News Credits:
    The one that was my introduction to the game almost 10 years ago: XTB Apollyon.

Kinda surprised ppl are saying FT Thomas. Haven't had any issues yet (knock.on wood)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Taking Magnus' legs out of the City Commander boots still worries me to this day

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :lol 

13. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don’t think I have any that I’ll never transform again. I probably won’t transform DS Starscream or KO MP36 Megs many more times…but I’m sure they’ll get worked through again at some point. My personal rule is that everything I own that transforms gets transformed every now and then. I have to see all modes multiple times. I’m just concerned about breakage on Megs…and DS Starscream just isn’t all that fun. But, I like their alt modes so much that it would be a shame to never see them again.

14. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Interesting thread. If I'm being completely honest with myself, I'd like to say 'most'. If it ain’t MMC there's a reasonably large chance it's never getting transformed again, unless it's being sold and needs to go back into its packaging.

With a few exceptions to that (UT Peru Kill and Studio CELL immediately spring to mind as quite brilliant), 3P transformations rarely consider user enjoyment and as a result fucking suck.

I'll have completely changed my stance on this tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 11
  15. FD3S

FD3S 3rd Generation RX-7

Steel Lucifer from Iron Factory. Not because because its transformation is overly painful (though admittedly it isn't overly fantastic either) but the Nova Prime robot mode is too gorgeous for to ever transform it back into truck.

That said, the rest of my 3P pieces I've kept solely because they're really fun to mess with and transform; Striker Manus, Rioter Despotron, Stellarus Prominon and JJ01 Supreme Leader all fall into that lofty category. I've got DX9 Carry coming to keep the good times rolling!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most Fanstoys figures. Terrible transformation, lubricant leaking from everywhere, paint chipping...

• Like Like x 2
  17. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

Off the top of my head the first figure that comes to mind is FT Sovereign.! I transformed the OG Barney version back in the day when I use to enjoy flipping shit back and forth but after Sovereign,Nowadays I'll usually watch a few reviews and ask myself if it's worth it or not or even if it looks enjoyable lol. I no longer have the OG Barney Sovereign but the M version and no F'N way am I gonna go through that again lol.

I actually sorta dread the day when FT Bandit is in hand bc I'm gonna have to transform the rest of the team into their combiner mode and that means Spoiler back to alt mode and I hate that Tranformation too.

• Like Like x 2
  18. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Anything Crystal - Clear/transparent plastic.
    Probably not doing FT-22 Koot (Kup).

19. Other

Other Well-Known Member

The toyworld throttlebot combiner, original or OSKO, I'm not ever messing with whatever they call their version of Wideload ever again

• Like Like x 1
  20. negative

negative Well-Known Member

I hear that. That was the only 3rd party toy I've ever had break on me.

Thank you