3rd party figures you still have but you'll never transform again

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by siniquezu, Jan 15, 2023.

1. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

My toyworld constructor is so delicate in tiny areas and some parts are a pain to move. I will never transform this again in fear of breaking it out of frustration.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly, I still love 3rd parties but, because this of exact issue, one among many, I got out of MP altogether. (Price, size, wait times, among others.)
    Don't get me wrong, some of the MP transformations are amazing and a lot of fun, but some of them were so complex, so expensive, so difficult to come by (in case something broke) I just couldn't deal with it anymore once CHUG made a comeback with Siege.

I will transform Cell/Pumpkin (it's stupid intricate) but it's not the most pleasant to do. Still leaps and bounds better than the Alien Attack AOE Optimus. (I was so glad to get rid of him. So, so glad. He was an absolute nightmare to transform and deal with.)

• Like Like x 6
  3. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    Infinite Transformation Megatron. The left thigh refused to expand during transformation to robot mode, and I had to disassemble it. I could melt/soften the parts back into place for completion, but I'm not handy enough to be confident I won't completely break it.

It stands in robot mode forever, with half its left leg missing.

(Good thread, by the way!)

Edit: I realize that IT Megs is 4th party, so here is a proper third party example:

Fans Toys Spoiler. Every time I transform it from car to bot, the little parts behind the door has paint and plastic damage and it keeps getting worse. I use a spudger and am super careful, but that car is just so goddamn tight. 20210726_203358.jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Newer Fanstoys products lol. Jive, Mirage, Perceptor 2.0... I dunno what happened to FT but their transformations have become more ridiculous. Call me odd but I don't enjoy a figure that requires 20-30 minutes of pausing and rewatching youtube videos. Most of their steps are not intuative, I wish they would hire someone from MMC or DS.

Still, as an action master, they have some of the best products in the field. As a Transformer... not so much.

• Like Like x 11
  5. Vancelle

Vancelle #MarsBaseRubicon TFW2005 Supporter

Instagram:
    Planet X Ironhide and Ratchet. I transformed Ratchet, but one of the pieces inside one of the legs broke off when I was trying to force the connection. Fans Hobby Double Evil is another one, well the plane alt-mode at least. Trying to get the front part to connect to the rear was a nightmare because the head kept moving and getting in the way, and it just did not want to tab together. I thought I was going to break it, I was using so much force! Luckily Fans Hobby plastic can take a beating. So Robot mode or base mode only for that dude from now on.

6. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

MP-36, was not fun

• Like Like x 4
  7. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Xtb Ammadon.

8. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    Fanstoys dead end, never transforming that guy.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Criggity

Criggity Well-Known Member

For bootlegs I've never touched my MP44 KO, went right to a pose on the shelf. MP36 KO got one transformation and back and I lost any further interest in doing it again.

For 3P I haven't wanted to mess with FT Sovereign or MS Devastator again after the first few transformations.

My MMC Jaguar can barely hold its shape since there are no tabs, so that one doesn't get transformed as much as it gets chiropractic adjustments

Also Studio Cell Unicron is too big to easily do

• Like Like x 2
  10. RameezTheElite

RameezTheElite Nemesis Prime Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Fanstoys products in general lol, but their motorsmaster is actually a blast to transform

• Like Like x 4
  11. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Magic Square Devastor. Not because of any fear of breakage since their plastic is tough as nails, but because transforming and combining six very complex figures and remembering every step takes forever. After combining him my fingertips were literally bleeding and bruised after manipulating so many thin tabs and applying the force necessary to get everything tight. Plus there are so many small steps to combining that are easy to miss and forget, even reviewers miss some of them. Im afraid that I’d forget steps when combining again. Plus the instructions are trash.

I’d buy a redeco if they made one, just to have a non combined set before transforming them back and forth again. As complex as it is, every mode is excellent, the best I’ve seen yet for Constructicons.

• Like Like x 3
  12. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Blitzway Voltron, tw freedom leader, monocrat Megatron. Haven't transformed any of them

13. Turingmachine75

Turingmachine75 Mostly kibble

Fuzz.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Magnusfan Nujevad

Magnusfan Nujevad Well-Known Member

All of my 3P stuff gets transformed regularly, but several of my official stuff are rarely transformed.

15. Whomps

Whomps The World's Okayest User

News Credits:
    FT Astrotrain and Motormaster were some of the worst experienced I've ever had

Never transformered any of the DS Seekers, the comments and videos were a good enough to convince me not too

Studio Cell, it's just too damn big and I don't have the stand to do it right now

• Like Like x 1
  16. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Doing the IF DJD combination. Too much parts forming and it isn’t in the comics so I’d rather have the team displayed uncombined.

• Like Like x 3
  17. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

PE Cryotek. Already has a Crack on the tail hinge, thing feels super fragile.

18. SSninja

SSninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Purple Potato. Transformed into ship mode and no plans to ever mess around with it ever again.

• Like Like x 7
  19. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    None that I can't think about... I tend to check reviews to ensure (at least get a sense of) a figure's quality and it's transformation before I buy as I wouldn't buy a Transformers or any transforming figure without the consideration that I will transform them.

Some are harder to do and I'll do it when I know that I have the time to try and remember how, to do it gently and take my time with it, but should a break or such happen or feel like it will, I'll repair or take a step back to see if I can find a solution by taking some parts off to sand or such, of reinforce with a touch of epoxy, etc.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  20. WNDCHRGR

WNDCHRGR TFW2005 Supporter

They transform?

• Like Like x 11