3rd Party Figures. HasTak beat at its own game?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dgold93, Jul 17, 2016.

1. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

RTS Jazz looks more accurate than TW whatever you clever name you give it.

I'm also happier with my CW Stunticons. My FP Stuntedcons just can't measure up to them.

One of the latter had to be fixed before I even transformed it the first time to avoid breaking it. I couldn't transform it since a mold flash prevented the arms sliding mechanism from doing its job. how the heck did I know where to check especially handling it for the first. call it luck. can't even trust any of them to transform properly the first and that was it. shoddy build/ engineering/ craptastic plastic. screw it. never touched any of them again. I look for quality not just the look.

I'm not one to shy away from opening up a toy after first handling but transformers which can't transform the first time really just doesn't make any sense.

2. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    It depends on what you want as a fan. Personally, I don't see the cost/benefit of buying a much more expensive toy that won't hold up well over time.

On the other hand, if another fans chooses to do that, who am I to judge them?

I'm on the same boat as Seali on this particular topic. The legit stuff does tend to look better, IN MY OPINION, than the stuff that the 3P companies produce (Not to say that they're not great - I do have a few).

3. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of collectors have already shift to 3P instead of waiting for TakaraTomy to release some of the figures.

4. seali_me

then throw them away after the official one comes out.

[​IMG]

we've seen this happen way too many times.

at least this collector is environmentally friendly.

5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    this

6. dgold93

dgold93 Rainmaker

No judgments, we're all part of the same hobby. Plus it's not my money being spent. I agree with the official releases looking better with exception of almost every 3P Devy we've received blowing CW out of the water looks wise, and since I own neither 3P or CW I can't comment on quality.

7. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Yep.

Maybe we need a Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots thread where one side can just mash a button that posts "MOAR LIKE HAZBLOW AND TAK-SHIT-A" and the other side can mash a button that posts "MOAR LIKE TURD PARTY" and the rest of us can have civil, mutually-respectful-despite-disagreements conversations.

8. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I won't disagree with that. I'm not a super huge fan of the Hasbro release of the construticons either. It's subjective.

I have the third party Spartan figure, and I love it.

9. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Time to fix this:

"In my opinion these lines have aesthetics that I don't like, many others disagree

"Legends are cheap to make and cheap to buy."

"Scale has has always been perfect in Transformers, no matter what logic says."

[​IMG]

"I like these things but not enough to buy them."

"What did I just say?"

"Did I mentioned I like 3rd party stuff?"

OK, glibness aside that was actually pretty shit of them.

"Things are different now because Hasbro make toys for young kids as well as collectors and I don't understand that they are a business and need to do this and this is part of the reason Transformers is still around while so many other franchise from the 80's are dead. Anyone remember anything about Silverhawks apart from the theme tune? Didn't think so."

Although not a fan myself of the movies, some of the toys have been decent. Skyhammer, Evasion Prime, Lockdown etc...

10. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    :lol  well they are worthless after TT announce the official.

11. dgold93

dgold93 Rainmaker

This post had me lolling. Be that as it may it reflects the polarized nature of TF collectors now. It tends to turn into a slugfest, much like the age old debate of Hasbro vs Takara. I think we can all recognize Third Party entries as a part of the TF community like it or not, will it outgrow the collectors market is the real question. While Hasbro and Takara are giants, there are dozens of 3P companies and it seems like new ones sprout by the day. With all of these releases and promised releases coming out of the woodwork, it's amazing HasTak has kept such a good poker face.

12. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing is, those characters HasTak will never do are being done by HasTak. Combiner Wars, Titans Return, several MP's. Like them or hate them, they were done, maybe not as fast as some fans want, but they still made them.

Has/Tak has shown many times, they're willing to do obscure characters (scrounge, Jiaxus, Skullgrin, Darkmount, thunderwing, skyshadow). Why H/T hasn't done Generations versions of the Dinobots yet, I'll never know, but I can guarantee it's just a matter of time.

Where is that Citizen Kane clapping video?

This thread was going well for a short while, but I feel it's destined to be locked like many other threads on TFW. I wish those who ruin the thread can merely be blocked so the rest of us can have a peaceful discussion on our differing opinions.

13. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The pilot of their... giant space eagle space plane wore a stetson and played a guitar! The girl one was kinda hot?

14. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen many times the statement "loyal to a brand". But, aren't we all loyal to the brand? We're all here for Transformers. Some of us buy official products only, others by a mix and some buy 3P only. All of those are Transformers characters or based on Transformers characters. It's not like 3P companies are going away from the source material. Warbot Defender is still green/yellow/gray, triple changes into a helicopter and space truck?. Would those who bought Warbot Defender buy it, if it was released in black and red instead of the green/yellow?

15. dgold93

dgold93 Rainmaker

Loyal to the brand we are. It's great that Third Party companies offer imaginative products that are too obscure or for whatever reason won't get an official release anytime soon. I feel like right now these companies are making a very strong entry into the collectors market, and they are doing a great job at what they do. I'm really curious to see what will happen in the next few years, as a few other members have brought up on the MP Speculation thread, Third Party companies will continue offering G1 characters if and when the MP line branches of into BW and other canons.

16. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    I wills say I buy the occasional 3rd party stuff. Evilord, Quakeblast, and Clonedroid Sixshot. Nothing major though. Most I spent was £70. I just find it odd that some people who like Transformers have this absolute hate for Hasbro, the guys who have created and maintained the brand these 30 odd years.

17. seali_me

I don't know about any of you but I'm pretty sure I don't want to get Lupus.

*knocks on wood

And this talk about any of you collecting other children's toys is a farce. Stop kidding yourselves. In the real world, we're nerds who do exactly just that. Own it or other wise don't.

18. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Because according to them, the mainlines of today are complete utter sh1t compared to the mainlines of yesteryears.

This is an assessment I completely disagree with, and I find the reasons for their arguments skewed and lackluster.

19. seali_me

Classics alone have gone downhill. I recall your post in that thread.

Design and engineering wise is all good but materials on the other hand have gone the 3P craptastic plastic way.

20. dgold93

dgold93 Rainmaker

I have a bone to pick with them for packaging my MP Starscream without a thumb, but that's another story. I do miss the Classics and Universe molds over the newer CW stuff. Titans Returns looks very promising though.