3rd Party Company of the Year 2016 VOTING STAGE

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Dec 27, 2016.

?

Best 3P Company of the Year 2016

1. Maketoys

91 vote(s)
    40.8%
  2. Fans Toys

85 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Mastermind Creations

47 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Menasor Searching....Crush & Destroy

I voted Fanstoys, but Maketoys does impress me with there non MP figures as well as some of there MP. It's kinda close call here but Fanstoys keep more in line with cartoon accuracy and pours quality and fan's critiques into there figures. It's all about the fans with Fanstoys, so that alone is probably their greatest strength! They continue to live up to their name, much respect.

2. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    At first i voted for MMC just for Carnifex sake but had to backtrack. Maketoys gets the vote for the consistency of quality.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Grimlock75

Grimlock75 Well-Known Member

On that list has to be Maketoys

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Wrong wrong wrong, all wrong.

3rd party company of the year is Iron Factory hands down :bowdown: .

I am not their biggest fan but i think we must recognise the regularity and high level consistency of their releases this year, not to mention the creativity and style of their toys. They have also now created their own line away MPs and Chug. They must be applauded. The end.

• Like Like x 2
  5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really surprised by the maketoys love!! They really impressed me with their headmasters too and easily got my vote as well

• Like Like x 1
  6. Artereis

Artereis Well-Known Member

Maketoys is the only company that gives me as much joy in collecting as Takara. Fanstoys figures feel great in hand, but outside the Dibots have had some really questionable decisions in their transformations and feel kind of soulless to me. MMC is a solid company, but I've fallen out of love with Sark's designs. If they went full bore with figures that match the DJD aesthetic, I'd be tempted to give them a first place finish next year.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Typo or is this a new phrase the kids are saying these days?

• Like Like x 1
  8. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    If we're down to just these three, I'm going to vote Maketoys. Feels like everyone's been going on about how great FT and MMC are, even with crap like Forager's shoulder rings busting, Lupus' wolf back collapsing, and a string of MMC releases described as "kind of a letdown compared to Sphinx". I feel like Maketoys has had their dedicated fans, but it's the first year that people outside of that group are talking about Maketoys in the same light as FT and MMC.

My personal best company, though, would be Generation Toy. They rose from the ashes of Warbotron and delivered a consistently good product with simply the best packaging in the business.

• Like Like x 2
  9. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    For me, this year, it is FT first, MT second. FT has given me Stomp X / Soar X / Willis, all favorites of this year. MT I have Striker Manus. For MMC, Seraph core was a big disappointment, and so was the original price for the armor at which point i was stuck with the core. I did like the Queens though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    MT have done so much more in 2016 than just Striker Manus though. They released the best MP Megatron this year, MP Hound (Gundog) that some prefer to Willis, Pandinus one of the highest quality giant-scale citybots, the rest of the Guardia combiner, the first two figures in the CrossDimension line, they've taken a lot of feedback on upcoming figures, and as someone else reminded us they also hosted focus groups and other events at conventions, and have basically gone beyond the average manufacturer to build a bigger reputation. Pretty much every other brand just did the standard thing of releasing a few figures that were hit or miss, par for the course. No other manufacturer is tackling so many different lines at once AND doing them all well. FT or MMC having one or two really great figures is not a Company of the Year, especially for those two top-tier manufacturers from which we should expect a lot more, if anything.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  11. code3collector

code3collector Well-Known Member

^^^ this. Willis and Stomp were both fantastic. Since I have the x version, I have to add Soar X here as well for FT. Willis makes it in my top ten of figures I own.

12. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

Very mature and reasonable thought process here. Props to the "Likies" I guess...

I went w MT. Although I still have yet to purchase a single product from them, I have to acknowledge there quality of product (feedback here on the boards) and the impressive variety that they bring to the table.

Although I love FT, their figures out side of Stomp and perhaps Willis have been only decent. Kickback's Wings have been an issue as well as Lupus' cockpit. As much as I like their aesthetic, I don't believe they are Company of the Year.

MMC also to seemed to have only knocked it out of the park w Carnifax. Jaguar is cool but gets a bit loose, Jaegertron/Anubis have had tabbing issues, Backdraft has had an issue or two, and their Nova Prime didnt live up to expectations. Overall a great company, but I still think the Feralcons have been their crowning achievement.

• Like Like x 2
  13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. They haven't released a questionable figure this year (at least for me). MMC has Jaegertron and FT has Willis and Forager to answer for.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I liked it because it was funny. Let's relax and have some fun with this, it's not rocket surgery.

("Rocket surgery" is also a joke)

• Like Like x 3
  15. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    MT made more products, and from the reviews they are very great figures, but, for me, it is not those that i wanted for my collection, so they cannot get my vote, even if i admire their efforts, and i did very much enjoy the product testing at TFCon. For me, FT is what delivered the products i wanted for my collection, and whom i can get in touch with for parts and immediate questions, whilst i can only discuss with MT at TFCon Toronto. They are both my top though this year, and i think MT deserves it, so cheers to them if they win.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Would you (or someone else) be willing to help me out with what Maketoys has come out with this year? I know Despotron, but what else? Iron Will? Gundog? Visualizers? I don't remember what was this year and what was last year...

17. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Menasor Searching....Crush & Destroy

There is a particular way to transform FT Forager so you don't break it. I noticed a few ppl mentioned it here. It's a great figure! I don't own Willis or plan to own Lupus so can't speak of those.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Peter Bazooka

Peter Bazooka Monsterbot

Hellfire
    Ironwill
    Wrestle
    Despotron
    Katana
    Himed
    Vulcan
    Pandinus
    Striker Manus
    Rioter Despotron

I can't remember if Rearend was this year or the very tail end of last year.

I also made a list of what MMC has released this year. I believe this is accurate.

Sphinx Alternative Color
    Sphinx Stealth
    Sphinx Stealth Alternate
    Liger
    Backdraft
    Girder
    Roadcrane
    Terraegis
    Jaguar
    Feral Queen & Nero Queen
    Seraphicus Prominon
    Demonicus Prominon
    Jaegertron
    Anubis
    Carnifex
    Titanika

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker

Normally I'd vote for MT (still my all time favorite 3P company as I have quite a bit of their stuff, most recently Pandinus & Despotron), but I voted personally for MMC this year as I'm getting caught up on older stuff Nero Rex (I'm late to the party I know...), Anarchus, Carnifex, and Vos). But strictly for 2016 product releases for 3P company of the year, ultimately its Maketoys.

20. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

Fanstoys. The design and quality of their masterpiece style offerings, at least to me, just blows away Maketoys and MMC.

MMC's quality control hasn't been great this year and has caused me scale back some figures I had intended to get from them that turned out to have fit and finish issues.

Maketoys came out with some really great product lines and I can't wait to see what they come out with this year but they haven't quite nailed the Masterpiece aesthetic as well as Fanstoys has. That being said Despotron is one of my favorite figures of the year, Fanstoys dinobots filled up the rest of the list. I hope Maketoys keeps doing what they are doing so I can award them the win next year with their Jazz and whatever else they end up releasing.

• Like Like x 2