3rd party collectors, how old are you?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by kukuburd, Dec 30, 2016.

?

3rd party collectors, how old are you?

1. 0 - 18

2.1%
  2. 18 - 25

6.6%
  3. 26 - 35

32.8%
  4. 36 - 40

36.0%
  5. 41 - 45

19.2%
  6. 46 - 50

2.6%
  7. 50 - 100

0.8%
  1. Deceptibot

Deceptibot Well-Known Member

37, the better part of my childhood was spent asking my parents and grandparents for transformers, especially at x-mas. Stopped when I was 11 or so. Managed to catch MP-01 when it originally came out but refused to go all in on the MP series when I saw MP-05, which is nothing but a bigger version of that pos I had when I was kid. Once I saw MP-36 was coming, the gas pedal got stomped through the floorboard, 15 MP figures (Takara/Fans Toys) in the last 6 weeks, 5 more on the way. First 3rd party figure was FT-18 Lupus and it has successfully hooked me into the 3rd party scene.

2. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I'm two weeks shy of 37. My first TF was G1 Sideswipe, but my dad getting laid off meant he was one of the very few season 1 and 2 toys I had that wasn't a minibot. I was very into the cartoon, though; we taped the cartoon when it was on before school, and I watched that tape so much I wore it out. I had TPBs of the early Marvel comics, too. Shockwave kicking Megatron's ass and taking over the Decepticons was mind-blowing to my young self, but I lost interest when they did goofy stories like Ratbat's carwash and the Throttlebots having their brains stuck in RC cars.

When I grew out of toys I just gave my collection to one of my cousins. No one expected at the time that they'd be collector's items.

I myself didn't get back into any sort of collecting until the first wave of Classics, which hit my nostalgia button pretty hard. My first 3P purchase was Mania King, a figure I felt corrected a serious issue with Hasbro's releases at the time. CHUGs we're still my jam until Combiner Wars, though. I loved Predaking and bought Feral Rex to fill what I saw as a gap in my collection. The difference between a $15 Hasbro toy and a $100 3P toy, though, was so impressive to me, and since I'm at a position in my life where I can afford to pay more for better quality, I actually swore off CHUGs and have been systematically rebuilding my collection. Right now it's almost entirely 3P with just a smattering of MP cars, and the bulk of the 3P stuff is combiners.