3rd party CHUG Optimus rifle replacement for Earthrise?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hyoumaru, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

So I'm deeply enjoying my Earthrise Optimus Prime figure, however, the same thing cannot be said for the rifle it comes with, which while it's nice it can fold up, the overall shape is underwhelming at best. None of the previous Generations Optimus figures' rifles have really substituted very well, the only thing that came close was T30 Orion Pax's rifle, which still doesn't quite do the job.

Are there any 3rd party recommended stand-ins for this? Briefly, I had Beelzeboss's upgrade kit for CW Optimus, which I had to sell because it was so bad it made me angry, but admittingly the rifle it had was amazing and I'm sad I couldn't keep that. Despite this, I know for fact it would be much too big for ER Optimus if I bought another one. I know Renderform had an Optimus rifle mold shown off, but I could never find a way to actually buy one from them. I do know Matrix Workshop has a nice looking one available in different sizes, but the 3D printed quality and frequent stories of peg breaking put me off. A friend did inform me of a nice Dr Wu offering, but having investigated that one, it's long out of production and unattainable at this point in time.

Could anybody else offer some insight to this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

The Matrix Workshop weapons are actually quite good. I have gotten a few of their weapons already. They have also improved the handles. My only real complaint is the unpainted white handles appearance, but that is a small personal gripe that doesnt even show when held.

Dont be surprised if Dr Wu or Nonnef come up with something later down the road either.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

Dr Wu made one a long time ago, but it's long out of print. Art Tek too.

4. racefox

racefox Honor. Respect. Loyalty.

News Credits:
    I replaced it with the SS-38's rifle P1430980.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I'll second the Matrix Workshop ones. $10 shipped from TF Safari, just make sure you get the right size because they're available in Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader sizes. I bough two of the Voyager-sized ones for Siege and Earthrise Primes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what I did, highly recommended.