3rd parties dropping the ball on TR Fortress Maximus upgrades?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by allew, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Thread revival.

Just bought a Fortress Maximus and have been scouting out what the available upgrade kits are and what might be on the horizon. So far I only see the following upgrades:

Toyhax Reprolabels & Cerebros gap fillers
    Perfect Effect Master Sword
    Perfect Effect Rifle
    DNA Design Hands, Waist Cannon & Cerebros legs
    DNA Design Ankle tilts, hip ratchets, crotch plate
    DNA Design rifle (is this still happening?)

Anything I'm missing?

The reprolabels seem like a must just for the various window stickers and Autobot split symbol for the tower. I want a master sword, but the second I saw "diecast" in the Perfect Effect description, I became very apprehensive. Needlessly putting diecast on an accessory that a figure needs to hold with one hand is pretty darn stupid, imho. Did they put diecast in their rifle too? How well does FortMax hold these accessories? Do the DNA replacement hands still have the slot to hold any of these accessories?

What this figure glaringly needs is a cover/filler of sorts for the main tower so that it looks like a realistic building structure. Even when Cerebros is plugged in there it still looks like an unfinished mess. Ramps would be nice too. These two things seem more desirable than any of the aforementioned, even if they are cool upgrade kits.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Some shops like Toybento sell the original master sword loose, plus there is a kit coming from prof heisenberg with the sword and the cannon made in plastic and more accurate to the original than PE ones.
    I too am waiting for DNA feet upgrade and rifle but I'm a bit worried about the lack of news about the latter. Maybe I'll settle for the PE or Heisenberg gun.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    AAAH! Thank you! That solves my sword and rifle conundrum! :)  That's exactly what I was looking for.

Edit: Eeep, just researched the Heisenberg set and it sounds disappointing about the gun's peg being too small to properly attach to the tower in alt mode. Still really like the looks of that sword.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    fort max holds the perfect effect sword just fine

Attached Files:

5. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

Was going to order one, but they require a mobile phone number at checkout. Great.

Shipping's probably unreasonable anyway.

6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $10 flat rate to the USA, not sure about other countries

7. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

Oh, that's actually fairly reasonable for a +12 inch plastic sword... If only I had a mobile phone...

8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What about a google voice number? If I'm not mistaken you can set one up for free. One note, I do think Ben may have had to up his shipping charge slightly, might be $12 to the USA now

9. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still can't believe no one has made RAMPS for him... or the other gun. Or frickin' COG!

10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are ramps and adapters on shapeways

11. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

The X2O Cog is a thing of beauty; would buy even as a standalone toy. But - alas.

TR Fort Max needs way too many upgrades for him to look good. Practically everything that a 3P has made for him, I consider essential.

I cling on to hope that someone will someday KO and OS Toyworld's Infinitor with appropriate engineering for a bot that size.

This hope springs from the same place as thinking that someone will someday KO and OS Maketoys's Utopia.

I know; it's a bit sad, like hoping DJ Soda will one day take notice of my undying love for her. But a man can dream, dammit.

12. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

Would you really pay about $20 for ramps, ramps? Jeez man, just put some cardboard cutouts and paint them, bam, $5 buckeroos for your troubles.

13. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Try Kapowtoys, they have the sword for 20 gpb. I don't know their shipping rates to US and if they also require a mobile number, but it's worth a try. There were also some sellers in eBay (not sure now) but the price was high.

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I am waiting for iron factory to do cog, Max needs a rifle that actually pegs in alt modes, I mean really they are 2 for 2 on failing to make 5mm pegs that works.

Other than that I would like whole new legs for max, or at least shins and feet so he can do his city mode right, ankle tilts wouldn't hurt to.

A new alt modes tower that doesn't need his head master plugged in to it and holds torso guns would be pretty sweet. Oh and a whole new head master that looks like IDW max and has a stand alone alt modes.

Damn 3rd parties could clean up with this thing.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Legs would be nice, but I bet also too expensive for my tastes. Damn Metroplex mold...

16. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I bought shapeways ramps for more and they look great on him.
    I would pay the same amount again for ramps in sturdier propperly painted plastic

• Like Like x 1
  17. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Iron Factory's Sixgun & Slammer figures for Metroplex are incredibly fun. I sold the massive Six Sigma Sixgun and replaced it with these guys. So I am really hoping that Iron Factory get around to making Cog. They do seem to have a full roster of figures to be released at the moment though.

Whole new legs might be pricey, but I would be keen for them if they meant a more G1'ish base mode.

I'm still kind of hoping PE or some genius young shapeway-er releases an adapter to make Warden compatible with TR Max.

I still think a replacement central tower is a must. Defeats the purpose of Cerebros if hes needed in all three modes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ttocs415

ttocs415 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    There was a pre-order for someone doing an os dystopia\utopia but was cancelled... So probably not gonna happen

19. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Grainy shapeways parts are NOT an option for me when I have a nice shiny plastic Fort Max. The only shapeways parts I use go inside the figure and no one has to look to look at the parts.

I'd gladly pay $20 for some nice ramps...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Luckily I can live with the stock ramps. I just use them as take off and landing spots for jets and copters instead of ramps for cars.