3P original stylised designs

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by calubin175, Jan 24, 2017.

1. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

While some collect 3P to fill the gaps in their Takara MP collection, there are some who collect alternative continuities and styles (IDW, Studio Ox) and then there are also original styles on offer(Warbotron and Cross Dimension, Fansproject, some KFC).

2. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

True?

• Like Like x 1
  3. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

All the original stylised stuff seem to be only Maketoys, Fansproject and TFC, but no MP sized ones.

But then this could be due to them being easier to blend into CHUG collections.

I still want an Optimus and Megatron in MP sized by orignally styled.

I do have Striker vs Rioter, and these were my first 3P purchases.

4. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you inviting discussion or making a statement?

I'd like to see Badcube make some of the figures based on the concept art in their instructions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have little or no interest in made up characters (made up by 3P I mean. Obviously they're all made up) TFs are about nostalgia for me. Nostalgia for 80's toon and even for 90's beast wars, though to a lesser extent. IDW is cool because it plays off that G1 nostalgia with a fun twist, and more importantly clever characterisations and good storytelling (Autobot Megatron? Wha...?) Some pack in comic/instruction manual is not gonna have the same effect.
    That's also why I have no interest in Chug etc.
    My only exception is I am deliberately collecting fun and high grade alternative takes on Optimus and Megatron. This is more as a kind of "eternal adversaries across the multiverse" idea though. MT Striker and Despotron are just barely slipping through the cracks into that collection.

6. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    In other exciting news, the sky is often blue and the grass often green and legend says that water may in fact, be wet. :eek: 

• Like Like x 2