3P MP Ultra Magnus?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by edgecrusher, Dec 26, 2016.

1. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Curious if we'll see a Fans Toys FT series Ultra Magnus or MakeToys ReMastered series Ultra Magnus.

Anyone think G1 aesthetic Masterpiece UMs might be up next after 3P companies get various Megatron and Optimus designs out of their manufacturing queues?

The official Takara MP-22 is one of the worst in the MP line as far as articulation and posability with no waist swivel, no upper thigh swivels, limited elbow range, limited knee bend, no ab crunch, non-articulated fingers aside from a barebones index finger separation, etc. It's also very plain as far as paint apps. It's practically asking to be done better. The question is who, and when, and how much.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

I don't think MP22 is that bad of a figure considering what they were going for !!
    An all-in-one truck trailer combo to robot mode as per cartoon, but we all knew that !!

Anyway, I don't mind MP Magnus since it looks pretty close to what it's meant to, including those fake wheels on his massive boots in bot mode :D 
    I think he's a better figure than KFCs Magnus, and I think it's not that likely we'll get another Magnus, at least not for a long while.

Simply because most would go the official route over a 3rd party in this situation.

HOWEVER; If a 3P were to ever do a G1 inspired MP Ultra Magnus, we're talking white prime plus trailer, then take my money, just take it !!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

Ab crunch is not a standard in MP toys, but waist swivel kind of is.

Ab crunches are still rare among 3P toys, only Maketoys have them so far.

4. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

What I'd like to see is a third party company do a trailer armor upgrade for the white MP10V. I'd be all over that and half the work is already done.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'd have to be pretty amazing to make me want to replace MP22; I love that thing.

• Like Like x 7
  6. intrudermdq

intrudermdq Well-Known Member

I'm also waiting fot a new Ultra Magnus. The Takara One is a big and ugly piece of plastic, with no much articulation. I already sold mine. And also waiting for seekers... I hope Perfect Fusion can make them.

Dalianjj posted time ago that was out of scale and a new one needs to be made.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I thought Perfect Fusion was a one off. Would be nice to have an articulated ultra magnus by fanstoys. I just hope the car bots from most manufacturers can go in with no effort.

• Like Like x 1
  8. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Will it be worth the money for a 3rd party company? I love my official version, despite the flaws, and I don't see myself self upgrading. I'm assuming more people like it than hate it since UM is fun to play with and visually pleasing with the butt flap and lack of traditional articulation. I could be wrong.

If one is made, besides KFC, I would guess Toyworld or Fan Toys.

9. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Personally, I strongly dislike the look of the official MP Magnus. I think he looks too dumpy. I proudly display Citizen Stack (with the revised head) on my MP shelf. He has much more heroic proportions.

That said, if someone could make a white MP-10 in armor, I'd be all over it. And I'm going to disagree with the post upthread, don't downscale the inner bot. Full-size, gigantic Magnus or don't bother.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be up for a new MP Ultra Magnus. I like MP-22 just fine, but there is no denying that there is a lot to improve upon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Eh I'm not dying for another g1 magnus honestly. Already spent the money and put in the work to upgrade my mp22 with better shoulders and hands, and nothing else about him really bothered me that much to want an entire replacement for that design.

Now Gcreations idw based g1 scaled magnus, that I am all over. Cannot wait to see that immense monster of awesomeness.

12. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, but intentionally so, so that he can carry carbots in vehicle mode.

I personally don't mind too much- Magnus is a big guy.

• Like Like x 2
  13. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

I already bought my official MP Magnus last night. I can see why people would want a new one, but I really like the official's proportions and how toon accurate he looks in a lot of ways. I definitely like the fact that he hulks over a lot of the other figures like he did in a lot of scenes from the toon and based on the "holy grail" scaling chart.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No way. There was already a 3P UM that is still in stock at some stores who can't give it away. Your gripes about MP-22 are also not the opinion of all collector's either. I think he's great and wouldn't spend money on another.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nighthawkblack

I wouldnt say he is the worst. As far as build goes, he certainly is not. The 3p NT seekers take that prize. As far as proportions, he was pretty big in the movie, very tall but maybe not as deep looking from the side. Definately could improve articulation but it was a huge improvement over G1 articulation.

Hey, Jprime, not trying to be sarcastic, What do you mean by you purchased your official 3p magnus?

16. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

I sure do love typos. :D 

17. Nighthawkblack

I guess I did the same thing when I tried typing 3 NT. So you got the TT ultra magnus? Let me know what you think. I have that one and the pilot trailer recolor.

18. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got excited by the title thread, thinking finally one of the 3P companies shows off their new 3P MP G1/IDW Don Fig./RID UM. Although a little let down, but if this thread can juice up a new 3P MP UM, then it's a win-win! Since we are talking about the G1 here, yes, I would love to see a new 3P G1 UM especially if it involves a white Magnus robot cab with armor. If it's base on MP22 style-no robot cab, I would probably purchase it, but I don't get that wow feeling.

Personally, I love my MP22, his G1 aesthetic is mind blowing from the toon elements, to the chest matric gimmick, the toon/toy launcher configuration, and transformation. The only item that I dislike about the MP22 mold, is the stupid butt flap. I am shock how TTomy can even approve that area. Articulation could be better especially his limps, but I can live with it. The rest of him, he's perfect in my eyes.

To respond to others:
    I'll be the first one over that too...yes, I would dearly love a new mold 3P G1 UM in armor instead of an add-on to an existing figure! This was my biggest beef with MP22, no white Magnus robot. I forgave them as Hasui tried his best. Hopefully, we can see his armor sketch someday. In regard to adding an armor to the existing MP10 or MP10V, the chance seems very slim. So far, 3P can't seem to figure it out and make it works. This goes back to MP2 Magnus and Igear Ultra days.

Does anyone have the link to refresh my memory?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    I do not Hate my MP Magnus. Especially not with the shoulder upgrades, they add a ton of enjoyment and the Aviators from the Delta Magnus release are sweet, sweet Magnus joy.
    BUT
    That being said,
    1) I am always up for a new mold of anyone, "definitive" versions of anything is stupid. Toy collecting is fluid and in constant evolution. one must not stand still.
    2) As a toy fan first of course I want a white MP-10 and a proper armor set. It has to be done. I need it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

If I found MP-22 for less than $100 I'd buy it, otherwise I'm waiting on an FT release. I'm sure they could add some subtle improvements.

• Like Like x 1