3P CHUG compatible listing (in progress)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hyoumaru, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Maybe the popularity of Siege will inspire some fresh CHUG 3rd party bots.

We need some Siege compatible bots.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

Doesn't feel likely, but your words do hold true.

3. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    KBB Hornets Agent is an oversized New Age Flipper (Bumblebee) that looks to be Legends scale.

On a related note: I just bought what I THINK (based on the price) are KO Masterpiece Rumble and Frenzy.

The MP cassettes and Bumblebee are not a terrible scale for CHUG. It’s mainly the PRICE that makes them a bad option for CHUG collectors and MP KOs have been as good (or sometimes better) than official releases for several years now.

There’s also Open and Play Big Cannon who’s comically oversized for CHUG (he’s an MP scale TR Galvatron retool minus Titan Master and jet mode and retooled for cartoon accuracy) but he’s great opposite POTP Rodimus. Granted Big Cannon has poseable hands but there’s an upgrade set for PotP Rodimus that gives him poseable hands — and Ocean made rub decals to replace his stickers.

4. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Everything FPJ, GT combiners, TFC combiners, MT CD, PlanetX

I LOVE CHUG it's my whole collection

5. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

sxs overclocking I find is also a good voyager scale for blur. vids don't do him justice

• Like Like x 1
  6. jscott991

jscott991 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just being dense, but what Optimus Prime is that in the first photo with the 3P Blaster?

I thought it was Power of the Primes, but I don't see all the grey.

7. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I'm using FT Hydra as my IDW Sixshot because Sixshot more or less looked like his G1 self in a lot of IDW. Some will say Fuuma or Hexatron would work better, I have Hexatron but he's just not quite as well-proportioned. To my eyes, Hydra looks the most like he did in Devestation, which is where he had the most "screen" time. The color is off, but I've grown to like it alright.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    siege voyager prime

9. jscott991

jscott991 Well-Known Member

Now I feel really stupid. That's the Prime I have. How could I not have recognized it?

I guess the smokestacks and the lack of battle damage threw me.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hyoumaru

USED to be the case with TFC, but their Predaking, Piranacon and Road Ceaser show they don't follow that trend anymore

Yeah my Siege Prime is modified through a combination of self-work and reprolabels.

11. redrum2581

Ebay:
    explain, as i don't see it, they're all CHUG reimagined ver. of the characters, how many diff CHUG OPs are there again?

12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    are there any inferno/grapple/artfire figures that work well with chug? universe is a good mold, but inferno is hella expensive these days, potp doesnt portray the character particularly well either

13. Hyoumaru

They don't scale with CHUG anymore, they're more in line with MP scale.

They mostly LOOK the part but they're too big. That's why UT's War Lord is considered the CHUG Predaking option.

14. redrum2581

Ebay:
    ugh no, TFC scales fine to Voyager Prime same as their Seacons, maybe i'm just crazy but they're set up that way on my shelf, heck they're all they relative same size as MMC Feral Rex and those are way to CHUG and small to be "MP" as i've seen thrown around several times in their respective threads, only FT, XTB and Zeta make "MP" combiners oh MMC OC has a Brut on the way TFC has never left the 15in combiner game they started with Herc, Uranus, Hades, i can't think of the Defensors name, UT Abominus is right there with all of those too, i never liked UT/TFC Predacon just bcuz i subscribe to ALL the Preds being Voyager size with no oversized leader, I also in my mind feel CHUG is a design where as MP should be left to the childhood perfect depiction of said charater in media of Toy or Toon, things like the up coming TW Preds are not "MP" I hate that whole "MP" size now equates to "MP figure" where as that's just a "Leader sized CHUG" like Blaster and Soundwave in Combinerwars(i believe) Leadersize OP and RP which fit in with what? hey they're "MP" sized so are they just budget "MP" toys then.....CHUG is bigger than people are sometimes willing to accept bcuz there's this bubble but if the mainlines of Hastomy is CHUG than maybe some of these 3rd party figures people are lumping in with "MP" aren't really "MP".....just my 2cents

15. BahWeepGranah

BahWeepGranah Well-Known Member

Is it possible to get pics of any of the chug scale 3p dinobots next to MP10v and Siege Megatron? In particular Fansproject Columpio would be especially helpful.

16. BahWeepGranah

BahWeepGranah Well-Known Member

I haven't seen those head sculpts on either Mega Steel Buster or X2 Skycrusher before, although I have never looked into either figure too closely before (mainly due to the head sculpts in the stock photos). Do those come with the figures or are they some custom work / shapeways add on? They look great btw.

17. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would Maketoys Hellfire work or would he be too big? I definitely think they look the part, they never looked MP to me. And wasn't there a downsized KO of them at one point?

18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    I’ll have to look into that one, anyone care to compare it to any of the voyager primes?

19. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    They're Deluxe size so they're fine.

Too big.

I also don't agree with this mentality that Minibots should be Legends scale. That's way too small. Legends scale is for actual tiny guys like the cassettes or Wheelie. Minibots should be that sub-Deluxe scale like the first Classics Bumblebee.

Also, while the third party Road Ceasar's component guys are too big as Voyagers, their combined mode equals out to be a CW combiner size, so I think I might overlook that. I doubt a combiner of 3 guys will be possible to be Deluxe guys and a CW size combined mode.

• Like Like x 1
  20. redrum2581

Ebay:
    i don't agree with your logic of the TFC Seacons being to big, they're perfect and just right but diff strokes for diff folks i guess