3P Black Friday Cyber Monday disappointments and Happy Surprises

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by jessiedart, Dec 5, 2016.

1. jessiedart

jessiedart Well-Known Member

So with all the Buying we saw last week. What were your greatest surprises and Disappointments.. If any.
    Mine..

Fans project Severo deluxe.... Never had interest in this set but bought due to the price. It turned out to be one of my favorite pieces by far in my collection.
    I simply love this design, and sitting on his throne holding his duel head mace, he looks more like a studio 1 statue or some high end display piece.
    Totally blown away...Huge surprise.

MMC Nova Prime.... Again wasn't interested at $200+ but for the price drop I grabbed it. Well, its OK but has a look and feel of a 3rd party figure from 3 or 4 years ago. Just seems dated. And leaving the entire trailer in the box bothers me more than I thought it would... Kinda disappointed.

Titan class Fort Max...$99 shipped... Nuff said..huge win..love it.

That's mine...

• Like Like x 2
  2. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I didn't buy a whole lot but did finally pick up some MP carbots and so far they're quite nice.

• Like Like x 1
  3. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I just bought Xmas presents for people.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Actually, almost all of the stuff that I grabbed was not third-party. I picked up a masterpiece G2 bumblebee 4:30 bucks at tfsource, then I splurged at the TF collectors club sale and got a cheap depth charge, Armada skywarp, and the actor year 4 pack with the Beast Wars waspinator repaints. Mostly stuff id have passed on otherwise but now im glad i got.

5. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

Damn I didn't even think to check Funpub. How much was Skywarp?

6. beardy

beardy Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

No third party from the sales. Well, sort of -
    I got Convention exclusive Columpio and Cubrar really cheap that Friday, but that was just coincidence that it happened to be that day.

7. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Ratchet - about what I expected compared to their Iron Hide. He has the split helmet issue unfortunately, but overall looks and feels great.
    MP Shockwave - I was torn on this one but for $90 I decided to take a shot on him. Absolutely love it. I have Quakeblast who still has an advantage in heft, paint, and finish, but the official looks like he stepped off the screen. He'll be taking QB's spot on my season 1 shelf and QB goes to the shelf of randomness.. I genuinely am I surprised how much I love this figure.
    MMC Girder - love it, feels like their Inferno but with zero tolerance issues. If you dig that mold, he has the polish you were looking for. I gotta say, it seems like Ocular Max has minor tolerance issues on their first releases (dark blue Sphinx, Backdraft) that are cleaned up with the later releases. Hope they can improve that going forward in their line.

8. SWAGE66

SWAGE66 The Reeled Robot

I picked up MP Wheeljack, and the Hasbro Bumblebee. Bee was actually great compared to the Takara I used to have. Better paint application.

I also got Laserwave and Despotron. Despotron is one of my favorite buys of all time, he's just the monster I needed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker TFW2005 Supporter

It's been a week since BF/CM, my Inferno arrived without any QC issues (maybe I'm lucky this time out). Happy surprises? An email from TCP apologizing for the delay in shipping out the Maketoys stuff (due to no fault of their own) and a $5 credit to people who ordered their Maketoys sale stuff during this time. Classy and awesome customer service to Sidecutter and the gang. Thanks!

10. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

Picked up FansProject Knight for $50, a figure I've always been curious about, but always thought he looked a little too awkward and unpolished for the retail price. For that price, he's pretty damn cool, though I'd be very disappointed if I had paid retail. Madlaw was $40 and I almost got both just because I couldn't decide which color scheme I liked best, but I think Knight's is the better one, plus the exclusive factor makes him a little better.

I was this close to pulling the trigger on MMC Seraphicus Prominon, but after looking at photos I decided that if I'm going to get a version of that mold, it's going to be the Demonicus version.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SWAGE66

SWAGE66 The Reeled Robot

TCP is TheChosenPrime - but I'm sure it's close enough for SideCutter Lol

12. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked up Seraph too and felt it's pretty good given the price I paid for it. If I would have paid $200+ I would have regretted it.

I also picked up Iron Factory's Dinobots from Action Robo but the tracking number hasn't updated since last Monday. :(  For $25 I expect faster shipping.

13. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only thing I got was Seraph and Im quite pleased with it especially for the price. I feel like it looks better in hand than some of the photos. Best Nova Prime available currently, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

I ordered MP Shockwave, the PE upgrade set for G2 Superion and the white KFC hands for MP Star Saber (realized after ordering that Star Saber's hands are black, doh) from TF Source and got them yesterday.

MP Shockwave mistified me at first. Nothing feels "premium" about it. When I took it out of the box the head was disconnected from the ball joint and was a pain to get out and reattach. Had I paid full price I would have been furious. The same size as MP Ironhide in bot mode with a far simpler transformation and the same overall amount of accessories... yet Ironhide was about $60 less at regular NA retailer price. I have no clue what the justification for the price difference is. The light up gimmicks? The bigger box? I don't get it. When I put it in my MP Decepticon display he looks so silly. Quakewave had presence in there whereas the official one doesn't. I'll need to move things around cause standing behind Apollyon won't do. Maybe my most disappointing purchase this year.

The PE set for G2 Superion is fantastic. Gave the hands and feet to Skyreign (which has a set of G2 Superion limb bots).

TF Source fucked up cause instead of sending me KFC's hannnds for MP Star Saber they sent me the Maketoys Citizen Set. I already emailed them to rectify this. I should mention that this Maketoys set is a giant rip off considering the price. This shouldnt cost more than pocket change.

15. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker TFW2005 Supporter

Oops! Good catch there, I always mess that up!

16. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

Not an transformer but I got an S H Figurearts Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper from BBTS. Bobby Skullface used to have one at the opening of his older reviews while the "credits" were rolling and I always thought it looked cool as hell. They marked it down 40 bucks so I got it. Hasbro makes one for the black series but it's nice half as nice IMO (although its a hell of a lot cheaper).

17. OLDMR

OLDMR Well-Known Member

I ordered Masterpiece Inferno through toyspark on ebay for $58 on cyber monday. I've order though toyspark before with success but Anyone else feel like this is too good to be true?

18. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you use coupons?

19. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

I bought ToyWorld DevilStar (limited edition color of their Astrotrain) from TFsource, it's pretty good - I would normally have passed on it, since I have Chigurh, but it's nicely complex, solid in train and shuttle modes, and decent in robot mode. Also came with a nice metal train-track display as a bonus.

I also bought the Wei Jiang upscaled version of TF4 Evasion Optimus Prime from TF-Direct, and got it yesterday. Great toy, wasn't at all on my radar except everyone here was gushing about it so much, and I see know what all the fuss is about. This is an amazing toy, it took all of the things the original got right, added size, weight, accessories and fixed all the things that were wrong with the mold. TF-Direct ships fast from China as well, they're fast becoming a favorite source for 3rd party and unofficial items.

Tim
    "toy geek"

20. OLDMR

OLDMR Well-Known Member

No coupons