3D Upgrade Parts by MegaMoonMan

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by MegaMoonMan, Oct 22, 2012.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just bought Inferno and Grapple. If I bought the adapter for their backs, and I'm buying the TFC ladder kit so I'd need the additional piece for Inferno, I'm looking at $20.00 shipped for the pair, correct?

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Right.

3. Mirnarae

Mirnarae Member

Do u still sell Metroplex's upgrade kit?

4. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

Is the Jetfire kit still available?

5. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Everything is still available.

6. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

So, with the website under re-construction (for several weeks now it seems), how would we go about ordering something from you?

I am very interested in the Jetfire filler parts with gun holder and the Whirl "Hand" adapters.

Please advise how to proceed in placing an order or if I have to wait for the site to be back up, when I can approximately expect that to happen so I can watch for it.

These sets look marvelous!

BTW, have you considered making an adaptor for CW Shockwave to fit in the Perfect Effect PC hands? I can't seem to find anything out there for that problem, including Shapeways and would happily pay $10 plus shipping for a couple.

7. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just send me a PM here. The site was never for ordering, it's just a picture gallery. Honestly I've been too lazy to put it back together since my website account rebooted.

8. Segor

Segor Well-Known Member

Man I'm looking to your knees upgrade for Fort Max, and hands too!

9. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Here's the new darker yellow Carry spoiler compared to the original (don't mind the defects, it's just a test print). It's nearly identical to the color on the G1.

[​IMG]

I can have some ready to go now.

10. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

That looks great. Wish I'd waited.

11. Bxscig

Bxscig New Member

Hi, did you ever produce the metroplex hands with nonref? I had read a while back on this thread that there may a join venture but possibly due to the lack of time. Not sure how close that is at the moment. Thanks.

12. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nope. Still making them myself for the foreseeable future.

13. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    MegaMoonMan, any plans to tackle the hollowness that is Sky Lynx? In particular, the hole ridden wing tops and the see through abdomen?

Also while on that figure, I don't know if you've seen this:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/1061794-cw-sky-lynx-rear-leg-mod.html

It's a mod on Sky Lynx that fixes the weird back legs and in the process makes the Lynx fan mode a bit more viable. However, it also requires shaving/cutting parts that remove the combiner gimmick permanently. Not sure if you would be able to replicate a part that would achieve the same results, but I wanted to put the idea in your brain should you decide Sky Lynx is worth your upgrade time. :) 

14. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    For the metroplex hands can they be shipped to australia or is that going to be to much?

OR would you be able to send me the renders/desgins (whatever they are called) so i can get my friend to print them for me?

15. Segor

Segor Well-Known Member

Are you planning something for Fortress Maximus??

16. noel0leon

noel0leon New Zealand TF fan

Is your website back up? I emailed the address on there but I'm not sure if it's still active or if you're going to just use these forums.

17. G33KFR33KSCOTTY

G33KFR33KSCOTTY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Do you respond on three forums anymore?

18. DynamiteShikoku

DynamiteShikoku Dirty Jersey

Hello are these parts still available? i got a Metroplex i just got i want to upgrade.

19. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm finally getting around to trying to install the Metroplex ones... how do the hands stay on? Removing the pin from the originals was easy enough, but I can't use that crazy long pin on the MMM hands, and there's not enough friction to hold them on naturally. What's the trick? Do you cut the pin down?

I'm also unclear what holds the upper and lower sections of the ramp together... I'm guessing it's the two tiny clips floating around in the envelope with them, but I can't see how those clips could connect anything to anything else.

EDIT - nevermind! Apparently the US version has little knobs instead of pins holding the hands in, which is why I was confused. I drilled holes in the hands and cut the pins down to fit and they work like a champ now. The ramps also made sense after I found some pics of how those two clips work... tricky, but I've got it now. :) 

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  20. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Oh, in case anyone else is looking to install the hands on a Japanese Metroplex...

1) Unscrew the forearms and remove the wrist assembly. (You don't really need to, but it makes it way easier, and there are no gears, ratchets, or other complicated mechanisms to worry about, that's all in the elbow piece above it so it's very easy.)

2) Open the hand and grab the exposed shaft of the pin in his palm and press it outwards. Wiggling it a little can help... once you get that couple of millimeters of knurling out, it will slide pretty easily.

3) Find a drill bit the same size as the rod (I've forgotten what it is, but a US sized bit worked fine).

4) Take the new hands and drill a hole through the indentation on the palm side. You don't need a drill, just the bit. Given the density of the material, drilling it by hand is probably safer, and lets you adjust the angle around to keep the hole as straight as possible... which is tricky given the positioning. You'll need to fold up the hand to get the best angles. Once you break through, roll the drill through the hole a few times straight on to make sure it lines up with the indentation on the opposite side.

5) Drill halfway through the opposite side. The opposite side isn't flat, so you want the bit to just start to peek out of the slanted portion of the hand, but not go all the way through. You'll be left with a little hole in which you can see the pin once it's installed, but is closed enough to keep it from slipping out.

6) Take your removed pin and slide the smooth round end into the drilled holes as far as it will go... which you'll know, because you can see it through the small opening discussed supra.

7) Crimp or otherwise mark the bit of the pin that extends beyond the point of insertion.

8) Remove the pin and cut it where marked. You can throw away the tiny knurled end. The pin is thick, so I had to use some tin snips to get through it, but you could probably use some other sort of wire cutters if you're patient enough.

9) Plug in the wrist piece so that the groove there lines up with the new holes. Insert the pin, round end first.

10) Reassemble the forearm.

Ta-da!