3D Printed Transformers Thread

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Zoingo, Jul 12, 2020.

1. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    I think it can be if is used a weird kind of joint, have to figure that out, and making a middle cover for a stop light would be simple

• Like Like x 1
  2. krysuk

krysuk Well-Known Member

move had some success when a couple of prints with ball and socket joints were too loose. Took a small plastic container and put a small bit of the resin I printed the model with. Use cotton buds to drip small amounts of resin into the ball and socket joint and then use a handheld uv to cure it while keeping the joint moving. Little bit tedious but have had some luck. To be honest in future I will be buying some of the expensive flex and using it in a ratio that needs some testing but then use it purely to print joint parts that face the most wear or tension

3. Synbios

Synbios Well-Known Member

Ok, finally managed to get my 3d printer working again, just finished testing the first ofnmy Micromasters, Highjump. A few tweaks to go, but Im rather happy with it. Hes a tiny chunky fella. 20220131_153115.jpg 20220131_153202.jpg 20220131_153304.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  4. Beastchanger

Beastchanger Well-Known Member

Got my Terrorsaur. He definitely needed the shoulder cannons that he used in the show. So I made one and printed it.

TerrorCannon.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  5. jimsloth

jimsloth Well-Known Member

I think I remember seeing someone had made wheels or hubcaps for SS86 jazz that looked like this
    tam24311.png
    Does anyone remember who/where I can buy them?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You may be thinking of my wheels for Smokescreen, which have a similar gold mesh design. The files for those are available on my Cults page or from jrcdesignstore.com, and JRC also sells prints but is currently sold out. To my knowledge there are no mesh wheels or hubcaps for Jazz.

• Like Like x 3
  7. jimsloth

jimsloth Well-Known Member

I think you may be right, but I might be able to bash those resin wheels to work. The size between jazz and prowl's wheels are close.

• Like Like x 2
  8. krysuk

krysuk Well-Known Member

So I came across a guy over on cgtrader and he seems to have tackled a load of different combiners and done a decent job.
    Not seen his work anywhere else before
    Anyone else come across him?
    Here’s a link to defensor…

Transformers Defensor 3D model 3D printable | CGTrader

• Like Like x 2
  9. Zoingo

Zoingo Well-Known Member

I'd found and shared their works here before, but haven't tried any of the files. I think a member was interested in Predaking, but I don't think the results - if any - were ever shared.
    Regardless, that Defensor looks great! and it's awesome to see they're still putting stuff out. Would love to see some makes, or even try some myself; if only I had the space and time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  11. krysuk

krysuk Well-Known Member

Cheers for the reply, hadn’t come across him before or seen mentioned.
    Had a look through his designs and there wasn’t anything that was the aesthetic I go for (wfc upgrades/masterpiece type is my focus for my prints and designs) but certainly interested in his transformations and combiner details for tips/bases to help my own ideas

• Like Like x 1
  12. AutobotSparklight

AutobotSparklight Chicks dig giant robots

News Credits:
    Finished the Toymakr3d Sideswipe, so here they are together. I'm working on sammakestoys' Pipes (which is excellent btw, HightailStd has printed a copy and he turned out beautifully), but the whole project seems actually cursed with how many printing problems I'm having (none of which are the fault of the files, my printer is just being temperamental), so I have no idea how long it will actually take to finish printing that one.
    DSC05530 (3).JPG
    DSC05535 (2).JPG

• Like Like x 4
  13. IronPrime3089

IronPrime3089 Well-Known Member

Any TF Prime related files out there? Got myself the forge of Solus from thingiverse but always down to expand my TFP display

14. LegoLiamNeeson

LegoLiamNeeson Well-Known Member

is there an stl file of mpm 4's optimus prime energon blades? I want to print myself some as replacements for my bx001 prime.

15. Zoingo

Zoingo Well-Known Member

A break in trend, but still related enough to share I feel: 2D printed transformers!
    Yes, you read that right. 2D. 2 planes of movement. Better known as papercraft. These guys were fun and easy to make and can be downloaded for free from here: SHOP — Pickard Art
    From what I understand, they're something of an art project/proof of concept. Sorta like Foldabots (for the few who that means anything to) but more refined.
    I'm admittedly curious to try and make my own, using the metal-folding tools of Fusion 360... but at that point, I may as well just make the figure 3D printable, lol.
    IMG_3787.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  16. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Here's a couple of new projects I've recently completed.

Filler Kit for Kingdom Tracks robot mode (partsforming):

Tracks_Filler_Kit-promo.jpg Tracks_Filler_Kit-promo2.jpg Tracks_Filler_Kit-promo3.jpg Tracks_Filler_Kit-promo4.jpg Tracks_Filler_Kit-promo5.jpg Tracks_Filler_Kit-promo6.jpg

Weapons for Rewind & Eject, with versions for both Titans Return and Kingdom/Legacy scales:

Rewind_Eject_Gun-promo.jpg Rewind_Eject_Gun-promo2.jpg Rewind_Eject_Gun-promo3.jpg Rewind_Eject_Gun-promo4.jpg Rewind_Eject_Gun-promo5.jpg

Both are available at my Cults page: All the 3D models of Robots78 ・ Cults

• Like Like x 7
  17. mikeax24

mikeax24 Seeker of Knockoffs, Collector of recolors

i KNOW i saw them out there when i was browsing yesterday, do a good search. Sorry i don't have the exact link for you.

18. WandererTJ

WandererTJ Banned

Has someone created a wing conversion kit yet to turn WFC Generation Selects Sandstorm into Earthrise Dirge?

I struggled to find anything by searching other than unique tetrajet wings for Cybertronian Dirge and Ramjet.

19. Jacdoprime

Jacdoprime Probably being bored

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m looking to get into 3d modeling, would freecad be a good place to start learning/designing? I was going to do fusion360, but their free version seems more limited.

20. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

the free version of 360 is more limited in terms of number of active projects, but has a far more sophisticated and elegant UI. Freecad feels more limited in what it can do, because it’s more difficult to implement more advanced operations. You can still do them, but it’s more clunky, and takes longer to figure them out.

• Like Like x 3