3D Printed Transformers Thread

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Zoingo, Jul 12, 2020.

1. jimsloth

jimsloth Well-Known Member

While I love Tote, as a kid, I always pretended he was ironhide. Since you have it in cad, any chance of making a micromaster Ironhide with that car mode?

2. Botnanza

Botnanza One of those nerds with the 3D printer

Made a some small upgrades for this small diarobo garbage truck figure to improve the proportions and solidity CD2113A8-4850-444B-B1BB-6CC7CDB95BC2.jpeg 74DD33A1-8076-498B-9AD9-08620A0C0456.jpeg B052C0EF-1DE2-464C-88F6-2FF8238E5636.jpeg 0235FEFB-BDF7-4289-8CF5-2685144D550E.jpeg DEE5FAD3-A846-4E7A-8999-B2E118186878.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Botnanza

I can recommend, they’re like better designed and painted legion figures just the plastic quality is slightly worse but the paint and clear plastic kind of makes up for that, the tolerances on some parts are a little wonky but don’t seem to be wearing down, and there’s not really any tabs but my upgrade helps with that a bit and stay intergrated with the transformation.

the chest part does prevent a couple steps too but that’s completely intentional and for the better

• Like Like x 1
  5. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

• Like Like x 1
  6. Botnanza

True, they’d totally make for some neat little junkions especially with their background character non faces

7. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here is a Pyro set I worked on this week. For most..probably the guns are the only thing most want to pull from this. I'm in the middle of working this custom so it will be seen how it comes together once I make the post. It requires a POTP Inferno AND Onslaught(luckily, this figure has been KO'd to death). I'll be using a head/chest from shapeways. The guns require 1mm pins to fully assemble.

Download free STL file Pyro Set • 3D printing design ・ Cults

• Like Like x 6
  8. Commander 0704

Commander 0704 Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Hiya, looking for criticism on my WIP War Within Ironhide.
    ironhideWIP4.PNG
    It's an early WIP as I hope to add detail and such further down the line. Also I'm aware that the arms are identical, I need to figure out if I can flip whole parts in solidworks.
    Oh, he's going to be transforming too, hopefully

• Like Like x 5
  9. mikeax24

mikeax24 Seeker of Knockoffs, Collector of recolors

NGl that looks awesome at least so far, keep up the good work even if it is really basic

10. Commander 0704

YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks! I've got a lot more work done since. Updates are in it's own thread but I'll post here too.
    unknown-6.png

• Like Like x 5
  11. Botnanza

Looks great! Just a small concern but how thick is that windscreen?

12. Commander 0704

YouTube (Legacy):
    Cheers! The windscreen's pretty thin, I think. It's one of the first bits I made quickly so I'll be completely redoing it later on with a different overall shape, level of detail and it'll be a decent thickness. I dunno how I'll actually print that though..

13. Indy2006

Indy2006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
  14. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    This user on Cults is giving away their non-transforming Circuit model for free through today.
    The 3D models of mmshightail ・ Cults

It's based on a non-transforming character and also has a vehicle that becomes an exosuit, so it's a pretty good package. Also, they have some other figures up I plan on buying for future projects. I particularly like their Beast Wars Nyx.

• Like Like x 5
  15. AutobotSparklight

AutobotSparklight Chicks dig giant robots

News Credits:
    Speaking of that figure and that user, I'm a good part of the way through printing it for myself. I took this photo on saturday, so I actually have all of this painted and pinned together and the rest of his leg details printed and waiting to be painted and added. I'm also working on printing his arms now.
    DSC05385.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  16. mikeax24

mikeax24 Seeker of Knockoffs, Collector of recolors

You're doing gods work, Considering Raiden is compatible with defensor's hand pieces im sure alot of Raiden owners will appreciate what you're doing here when suddenly hands are no longer a thousand dollar option.

I also notice you have other combiner parts, i'll be sure to buy those bruticus bits for my spare ruination!

• Like Like x 2
  17. AutobotSparklight

News Credits:
    Finished printing Circuit. His paint job is kind of messy but I'm pretty happy with him overall. (Just ignore that one leg is totally off the peg, it keeps doing that and I have to re-pin it.)
    DSC05389.JPG

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  18. Indy2006

Indy2006 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I’m mostly just trying to fill in the missing pieces I can’t find easily (or cheaply) elsewhere. Hopefully simply organizing links for a character (both my models, and those on Thingiverse/Cults3D) will make it easier for someone else.

also, I finished the G1 Defensor hip armor and added it to page/download.

D337AB36-2D5D-48B9-8ADF-CC3585922B59.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  19. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    I've been figuring out some things with my new printer and just did my first Transformers project, KraegorStark's Froid. It turns out well in resin and I can't wait to paint this up. I have a plate of Rusticon's Guzzle parts printing now and then I'll get that Circuit done.
    20220101_123039.jpg

I haven't touched my FDM printer in a while. It was very finicky about leveling and I got sick of dealing with it. I just got a CR Touch autoleveller, so I hope to be getting good projects from both printers soon.

• Like Like x 5
  20. AutobotSparklight

News Credits:
    Started printing another of Hightail Creations' bots, Swerve. I got a bunch of parts printed and wanted to start putting him together annnnd...somehow between friday and now my steel pins have disappeared.:banghead:  I'm trying a new resin mix with this one, 75/25 Anycubic Eco white and Sirayatech Tenacious for a little extra flexibility, since this one actually transforms. Seems to be working nicely so far as the parts are definitely less brittle than the pure Anycubic I used for Circuit.

The Sirayatech is hella expensive, so I'm making the most of having a 1 kilo bottle. I'm going to be trying a 50/50 of it with some water washable grey resin I got and print some of Toymakr3D's bots. I'm interested to see if upping the amount of flex resin will work better for bots that have ball joints instead of pinned ones. The little bit of flex resin in the Anycubic mix was good for being able to pop on the ball joint on Swerve's neck, but it was also no larger than your average neck ball and certainly not the size of a limb joint.

• Like Like x 5