Customs: 3D Printable Legends+ Strika

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by waffel, May 20, 2020.

1. waffel

waffel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just getting my older projects printed finally, and so I thought I would add another character to my lineup of legends + under served bulky characters (I think that's a niche combo breaker). Figured Strika would make a good next one because the last time she got a good toy was...

So here is how she's coming along. The engineering is almost all there, just need to add some final transformation joints to the legs and some wheel covers for vehicle mode. Also gotta finish the sculpt, but it's she is getting there. As is probably obvious, she is largely based on the animated incarnation. I did consider doing a cyberverse styled one, but in the end I just preferred this incarnation. Aiming to have the CAD done by the end of the weekend

Comp.png The Boys.png

• Like Like x 16
  2. Judgement prime

Judgement prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Is it almost done

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lukon07

Lukon07 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    What happened to this strika and blackout project? Would love to be able to print them for my animated collection

4. waffel

waffel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah the projects kinda dead, kinda just getting started

Basically, I almost finished Strika, the mechanics were done, but I just couldn't get a head and final sculpt that I liked. Just like lugnut and blackout I wanted her to be based on animated, but in my own iron factory-ish style but I couldn't make it work and it caused me to burn out of the project

It's not all doom though, I've just moved on from hard angle legends stuff to full on direct animated adaptation, and Strika is high on that list (probably straight after I finish mixmaster and dirtboss), so you will have to wait a little longer but I assure you the final product won't be an angular but ok animated Strika stand in, she will be the full blown animated experience

• Like Like x 3