Heavy/Scratch: 3D Printable Base Tracks for Omega Supreme

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by rusticon, Mar 19, 2020.

1. rusticon

rusticon Well-Known Member

Since very luckily getting hands on a new Omega Supreme (and what a great piece he is!), just had to extend the playability by coming up with some 3d printable additional tracks. Should be useful for other bases coming our way too!

CyberTrack02.JPG

So this very first basic set comes with a standard Straight Track and Pillar piece to bring the height to that of Omega Supreme's setup.

CyberTrack05.JPG

And of course, there are a couple of 5mm holes and 3mm pegs to allow for standard accessories and siege effects to be added respectively!

CyberTrack04.JPG

Blow the bridge down ~
    CyberTrack06.JPG

Other configurations are also possible to bring the track setup down to "ground" level:

CyberTrack07.JPG

CyberTrack08.JPG

Haven't printed enough of these yet, but you get the idea :p 

Here's how the parts look when taken apart. The current connector used is WFC compatible and plans are in place to get the TR compatible module done too:

CyberTrack09.JPG

CyberTrack_preview.JPG

More parts for this set will be coming soon ... :D 

3D Print Files:

So that in this somewhat tougher times, while we all try to stay safe and stay indoors - this project can perhaps help keep your 3d printers busy and happy and your collections well displayed. =)

Take care y'all! :) 

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 28
  2. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great idea! Putting it up for free is very kind of you! Once I have access to my 3D printer (at work...which is closed) I might try to print some!

3. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

That's actually pretty cool

• Like Like x 1
  4. rusticon

Thanks folks! And now for some more updated parts to add to the mix - Track Bends and an End Ramp:

BendandEndRamp_Previews.JPG

Some quick shots of them in action (haven't printed as many as I would have liked yet!):

CyberTrackB-02.JPG

CyberTrackB-03.JPG

CyberTrackB-04.JPG

Files have been released here - https://www.patreon.com/posts/35132597

Enjoy! =)

• Like Like x 13
  5. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

this isn't for me because this is not my omega.

but i will say these are very well thought out and i like them. also, thanks for making them for the hasbro omega crowd and free to boot.

most of these guys here are so quick to toss something on shapeway in the hopes of making a buck. you are a cool member of the community for this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rusticon

Thank you - just something a little fun for all of us to take our minds off these dreary times for a bit :) 

Also, some previews of additional things to come - Titans Return connectors which fit in the same slot, and ...

TR_Connector.jpg

... and a certain nondescript Cybertronian "Lamppost" :)  SW_Lamppost.JPG

• Like Like x 11
  7. Kaosu Reido

Kaosu Reido Well-Known Member

These are cool. Any plans for four-way crossroads, maybe with optional guard rail/road end rail attachments that can slot in where the connectors currently go?

8. theEmpressive

theEmpressive Til all are One!

I love every bit of this! I would have honestly paid hasbro for a package of road parts, and separately would have also done the same for assorted blast effects.

9. rusticon

Those are great ideas - coming soon perhaps... ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  10. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

how about a track converter, so you can connect G1 micromaster bases to Omega.

11. rusticon

Hmmm, unfortunately don't have any of those so wouldn't really be able to design for that :/

===

In any case, here's some additional parts to at least connect things up with the slightly earlier Titans Returns Sets:

Went a little further with expanding this set to allow for inter-connectivity with the older Titans Return figures too and came up with these new parts:

CyberTrack_NarrowDownSet_FS.JPG

• TR Connector - This fits in the same slot as the WFC Connector so all the pieces in the CyberBase set can be used for either

• NarrowDown - Straight portion of track which narrows the track down from Omega Supreme track width to something closer to a TR track width.

• Shorter Pillar - Half-height version of the earlier pillar to allow for gentler inclines downwards.

• Pillar Foot - A quick piece that helps stabilize the pillars, which have the tendancy to fall. As a bonus, also gives more 5mm ports and 3mm pegs.

And some quick shots of how they can all come together! Have only printed a woefully small number of them to test and showcase their function so looking forward to seeing any crazy massive base setups if anyone has done so already! =D

CyberTrack3-01.JPG

CyberTrack3-02.JPG

CyberTrack3-03.JPG

Files are available here - https://www.patreon.com/posts/35241833

• Like Like x 7
  12. conleyh2006

conleyh2006 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Are you printing any for sale if not what is the easiest to use best 3d printer to get for great quality as I would be new to 3d printing

13. rusticon

Ahh, currently not as being based in Singapore means shipping abroad will be kind of pricey and slow.

Would advise maybe instead of getting a 3d printer to start with at this point, you can consider looking out for a pal who may have a 3d printer or looking for a local makerspace or anyone who may be providing 3d printing services to have these piece 3d printed for you? Would give you a sense of how the 3d printed process is (for when you do want to start it for yourself) and maybe also support folks in these trying times :) 

14. rusticon

Seeing how most of the peg holes along the track won't be used most of the time, maybe some lamp posts are in order:

NotSoundWave.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  15. conleyh2006

conleyh2006 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What kind of 3d printer do you use to get all the details to come out in printing I would like to just buy my own printer but I want a good one. Any advise is appreciated thanks

16. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for sharing the ramp files! Someday I'll put them to good use.

17. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Excellent idea!

18. rusticon

Currently using a couple of ATOM 3D delta printers to get these tested/printed out. But really any well calibrated 3d printer should do that trick as these pieces were designed to be easy to 3d print.

Most importantly would be to check out how "real" people using and are rating their printers. And if there is a large and helpful community for a particular 3d printer who are they are a "support" to help. Most companies themselves are too small/overwhelmed to do much customer support. It does help if you know someone with one or have access to a makerspace where you can speak with folks there (this may be a little harder now given the times we live in... )

Here's an post from way back which may help - How to Choose a 3D Printer | Funbie Studios

Thanks again folks! Actually working some more addons to this set so stay tuned! =D

• Like Like x 1
  19. rusticon

And here's a couple more pieces to add on to the CyberBase Track system, to bring more possibilities to the types of layouts which can be made!

Mainly, they are the X-Junction, T-Junction and Longer Straight Track. These were designed based on a suggestion to allow for a loop configuration to be deployed:

Capture.JPG

Here's what a small loop configuration would look like:

CyberTrack-NEW.JPG

Here's how they look connected to Omega Supreme, at least in this configuration they look "complete" without any portion of the track "chopped off":

CyberTrack-Junctions01.JPG

Additionally, one more part of the "End Cap" is provided to terminate the track and provide some 5mm ports for weaponry to be added in a turret mode

CyberTrack-Junctions03.JPG

Pew pew pew...

CyberTrack-Junctions05.JPG

Sprinkling in some bots and extra siege effects:
    CyberTrack-Junctions06.JPG

Couldn't build a large diorama with these tracks as the photo area was a tad constrained, but the sky's the limit in terms of all the configurations possible! So going to be printing a whole ton more of these and then connecting all the Titans and other figures soon! :) 

• Like Like x 5
  20. mike1438

mike1438 New Member

You project is insane, You did an amazing job, thanks for sharing your files for free. You made my day! I will surely try to print it asap.
    Thanks, Michael