3D Head Work By Dawgstar

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Dawgstar, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Dawgstar

Dawgstar Scratch Builder and 3D Designer

Ebay:
    Hi all.

I am still trying to learn Solidworks and here is what I have been doing.

I have had a real fear of head sculpts so what better way to learn then to jump straight in and do it.

These are at the test stage just to see how I can build and have a play with the program and also a tester to see what you guys think/want from the head world.

Let me know guys and girls what you think and again what you would like to see from me this year.

All the best and look forward to hearing from you.
    Dawgstar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just found that I can add colour

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    How long you been messing with solid works? Your details are great bot something seems a bit off and I'm not sure what it is.

Maybe more of a jawline and angling the bottom sides of the head

3. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

I think your doing great for just starting out in an autocad type program. But IMO the head needs to be longer by just a little bit or a little slimmer.

4. Dawgstar

Ebay:

Hi buddy been playing with it for about 4 weeks around 40 hours i would guess i will take a look at the jaw line when i fire it back up but im pretty sure that it is the angle of the image. many thanks for letting me know what you think

Hi buddy,
    I was thinking of this as a replacment for the mp seekers so was trying to keep the head around the same hight as the oringinal but still with the g1 feel. all the heads are differnet some have slopping rounded scoops and others do not. I can make another ver that is taller but a dont think it will fit in alt mode any how early days just having a bash at it. every time i have a play i find something new so im sure i will nail it soon. thanks for your input and pointers

all the best Ds

5. Dawgstar

Ebay:
    Hi again he is a small update and a differnet angle to show the jaw line and some underside detail. hope you like DS

PS. if any one has some good pointers or a quick guide to solidworks send it my way because all the help i can get the better and faster i can get some of these heads finished and ready for you guys to get your hands on.

[​IMG]

And here is another update

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. shapercreator14

shapercreator14 Vae Victus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    You are doing great I like the additional touches like the rounded forehead. mind if i give my input? the face is a bit low, which gives it an odd proportion. it's also very deeply inset, and flat (which in addition to the low placement make it appear as a very small head with a massive helmet). Giving the cheekbones and other parts of the face a few angles and edges will give it more shape and character. I like what you're doing and i would love to see it as it progresses.

7. Buzby74

Buzby74 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like the update picture. Im looking at the cartoon pic of Starscream head and the 3d diagrame. The only thing i would suggest is to look at the vent things o the side if the face. I would cut the shorter at the bottom and Angle the edge like the top. If you get what I mean.

Thend to me it would be more accurate with the cartoon head.

Hope this helps.

Doing a great job so fare.

All the best

Aaron

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So far you have 3-D renders, so this thread needs to be in Fan Art. Once you have a physical copy, by all means post a new thread in Customs.