3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by iOnlyEatEnergon, Jun 20, 2017.

1. FACEBOX

FACEBOX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to agree. The attachment points on the limbs of any figure shoul be reinforced to support the weight. So far, 3A's figures suffer from joints that are almost too strong. This is a good thing as I have no fear that the figure will break under normal circumstances.

That being said, the left arm on my Megatron is a little loose now and I hardly ever touch the thing. It might just be a simple screw that needs to be tightened. Still, it doesn't seem like it's an issue with breakage.

2. Sephiroth169

Sephiroth169 Well-Known Member

To say it again:

I KNOW the Difference between Statue, Action Figure and "Adult" Collectible.

Most of the "Toys" today a meant for Adult Collectors, that means something like "Do not throw the Figure through your Room"
    like littel Kids always do.

But ComiCave clearly marked their Figures as "Action Figures", and that means the Figures should be able to move the Limbs A LOT WITHOUT BREAKING.

If i wanted damn STATUE that is just STANDING THERE, i would buy the Figures from Prime 1 Studio, without any Articulation.

BUT NO, i want to buy the Figures from ComiCave and 3A BECAUSE i want that 99 Points of Articulation (TF5 Prime from 3A)
    So many Points of Articulation are there for A REASON, you should not advertise your Product with "Many Points of Articulation" when the Legs or Arms will Break after a few Movements.

Because that is Cheating, and playing around with Customers.

It is the same, if i would sell you a Car and say something like "Its brand new"
    and the moment you want to Drive with this Car, it falls apart.

I already know that 3A Joints are good, you told me about that FACEBOX.
    So i hope TF5 Prime will also end up with durable Joints

I just saw the Video from 3A from Page 3 again on Youtube, it has subtitles now.
    They said Leg / Hip Joints are the same from Old Prime Version / TF3 Prime
    and that is very good thing.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    Uhhh.... I was agreeing with you and trying to set dCon's mind at ease.
    Maybe I didn't express it clearly, but I agree that you should be able to pose a figure as much as you want without it breaking. It's not a statue. It's up to the manufacturer to produce a quality product, especially at these high prices.

4. xronhide

xronhide Active Member

Yes, there's several people in FB group OSR reported broken joints, it's been a while tho' I can't find the post anymore..

I've been following comicave since they making 1/6 and 1/4 diecast ironman (FYI, before changed to comicave, their company name are Play Imaginative), but those ironman also suffers many problem, beside of that problem, another problem that comicave/PI are very very inconsistent in their promises, example they acquired license for pacific rim, then now nothing happens, then they promised full lineup for 1/12 ironman, anddddd... suddenly stopped it, and the last for transformers, they already showed up bumblebee AOE, andddd again, it's not gonna happens.

5. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

Okay, I think we're all getting a little off topic here.

ThreeA's DOTM figures were much better than the comicave Optimus so I don't think anyone has anything to worry about with these TLK figures. If anything, it sounds like they've made further improvements.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RPM716

RPM716 Press a Button to Begin

Ebay:
    Man, the Bumblebee is kinda tempting. If it were 2/3 the size and 2/3 the price I'd be all over it but I don't have the money or space as is. Shame, since the battle mask and hammer are so cool. Well, at least I have MPM-03 to look forward to!

• Like Like x 1
  7. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards.
    You do have time to save up as these aren't scheduled to be released until the 1st quarter of 2018.

There are places like bigbadtoystore.com that only require a small deposit upfront and the rest upon shipping. If you can manage to save just $50 per month, you'll be ok come release day.

8. Lewis

Lewis Active Member

No Megatron?????

9. Raiju

Raiju Go For Broke Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    After watching TLK, I have to admit that my desire for these figures has diminished somewhat. They're still awesome designs and 3A makes quality stuff but I've decided I have to pass on these guys.

I just don't have the emotional attachment required to pick up the TLK offerings as I did with the DOTM stuff (as flawed as that movie was I still enjoyed it a lot more than TLK plus original trilogy Optimus Prime and Starscream hold more nostalgia for me). That and money and space limitations have forced me to draw the line, unfortunately.

Now if 3A announced a TLK Barricade, then I'd have to pick him up just because I love Barricade but the rest of the TLK stuff just isn't for me in the end.

10. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    Yeah, the movie felt like a jigsaw puzzle to me.
    While the misses fell asleep during the movie, my brother enjoyed it.

It's kind of embarrassing having to explain to my friends why I collect stuff from such controversial movies. However, I liked the designs in TLK better than AOE and 3A knocked it out of the park.

Hopefully one day 3A will revisit the DOTM or ROTF licence. Until that time, they have my support.

11. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Torn.

I do like new Prime's design and I could maybe justify it- but it's pandora's box- once I start what else am I going to try to justify? (other than 60's black Bumblebee- if they happen to do that one it's an instant buy, no questions asked- my favorite Bee from the series) I would wait and chew on it, but those damn bambaland exclusives... (I really do want the AOE head as well if I get him)

Grimlock in Dino mode would be tempting, TLK Drift, Galvatron, maybe TLK Megatron, maybe Lockdown. You know they'll hit at least one or two of these.

12. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    Sideswipe would also be an instant buy if that happened. Sideswipe and Black Bee would both be must haves.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Digidemon

Digidemon Pimp-Bot 5000

Wow. These are amazing. I was blown away by the DOTM figures and they've obviously raised their game even more. Kudos, 3A!
    Must have these. And since they've referred to these as TLK "first wave", I think it's safe to say there will be other TLK offerings.
    Besides, you know they gotta release the villain. :) 
    Anyway, awesome work, again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Uughhhhh, I really want to pull the trigger on Optimus, but I just can't. The $450 price is so steep even if they seem worth it, although I'd be willing to do it on Sideshow's payment plan. Problem is... I'm not paying nearly 500 bucks unless it comes with the non-scarred head. Which means shelling out 450 at once to Bambaland.

Ugh.

15. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Welp. screw it. Just opened up a Paypal line of credit solely to make this purchase. $450 shipped, over six months for exclusive Optimus. Done.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    I for one do not regret my previous buys.
    I've known about 3A for years and was tempted by their MetalGear mecha. I knew I had to have accurate representations of the Movie-formers since 2007, but Bumblebee blew me away. I have full faith in 3A.

The alternative being the 2 mortgage payment Prime1 statues.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

Megatron is the one I'm most interested in (obviously)

18. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Actually I decided to thank you for letting me know about the defect, since I have one it's a good thing to know. I changed my message lol

But one thing I can suggest if you want a sturdy action figure version of Prime by 3A in this basic scale, check out the 3A G1 Optimus Prime. ;) 

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  19. Dan14thPrime

Dan14thPrime Well-Known Member

I'm ready for Wave 2 release. Reveals at Comicon maybe? I hope they don't stretch it out all year. I'd like 3A to wrap up TLK and back track to the older movies. I'd like Lockdown and original film Megatron (no license though yet, I think).

20. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    I was okay with doing 4 of these (the original run), but I can't do this endlessly. Also they take up a huge amount of space and my wife really isn't cool with much beyond Bumblebee and Prime. So it's the wallet and not setting off problems at home. If I knew what else was coming I might manage to justify a couple even, but it just seems dangerous to even start these as an open ended thing. I don't know. I am tempted. Anybody know when the order window closes? (I mean I was tempted to get comicave Prime and one of the reasons i didn't was because I had a feeling this was coming)