3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by iOnlyEatEnergon, Jun 20, 2017.

1. 32moonknight

32moonknight My father is a Truck!

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Out if curiosity, if you guys have the time. Could you let me know where you purchased your TLK figures.
    I bought mine from BBTS for the first time. I usually buy from Sideshow Collectables. And I have no idea when they will be shipping. But you guys must have gone the bambaland route. I might have to do that myself for future purchases. Thanks 4 da help!

2. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine through Bambaland, received it in October

3. Hazard

Hazard Well-Known Member

Got mine through bambaland, worth it for me because of the exclusive piece and no shipping or import tax fee like I get from BBTS or Sideshow.

4. BeeWave

BeeWave Well-Known Member

Ditto to both

5. ArchieNov

ArchieNov Well-Known Member

Just got my Prime back from 3A after sending it in for repairs last month. It's fixed now, but I haven't tried moving the waist yet. I'll probably disassemble it like shown in an earlier post just to be safe.

Thank you 3A and @decemberist for all your help on this issue! :) 

• Like Like x 6
  6. Hazard

Hazard Well-Known Member

What day did yours get there? Mine arrived there on December 7th and I haven’t received it back yet.

7. ArchieNov

They received it on 11/28

8. ArchieNov

I'm having difficulty unscrewing these 2. My screwdriver keeps slipping and I'm worried if I do it too often, I'll wear down the head. Is there a specific screwdriver needed for these?

In your pic, they look the same as the other screws. But in mine, they seem to be different/smaller.

9. BeeWave

You will strip the head if not careful. I just used a small Phillips from a precision driver set.

10. ArchieNov

Yeah I've tried my precision screwdrivers but they're screwed on pretty tight and I can't get a good grip. Will look around the hardware tomorrow and see if they sell any precision screwdrivers with a much larger handle.

11. Hazard

Hazard Well-Known Member

Did you try using a flathead to just torque the waist into moving a bit? I’d think in “fixing” the joint they wouldn’t make the same mistake again and make it too tight to move.

12. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I preordered my prime through BBTS and I’m beginning to think I’ll never actually receive it. I’m preordering from bambaland from now on. I just came late to the 3A party. I kind of hate BBTS now, and I wish I could get the non-refundable deposit back so I could cancel.

13. ArchieNov

I tried that method before when I first glued it back together. But unfortunately it resulted in it breaking again. Not sure if I was doing it right or the joint was really just too tight.

So I bought a new set of precision screwdrivers with a slightly thicker grip... and it didn't help. Those 2 screws are just too tight and I still slip up. I can feel the screw heads starting to strip a little so unfortunately I am unable to disassemble and loosen the joint.

I guess I should resign myself to not moving the waist joint. Sucks :( 

14. BeeWave

My drivers have a little cross bar that can be inserted for a little more leverage, perhaps try a pair of pliers gripping the driver? Have you tried to move the joint now that you have him this far disassembled? Or a drop of vegetable oil, since it's now easier to access? For me, I didn't need to sand very much, I was almost in fear that I had taken too much off and had to tighten those screws a little more. Definitely upsetting to hear that you still have the seized joint even after being repaired. Let us know your results and best of luck!

15. Hazard

Hazard Well-Known Member

I hope I don’t have those issues when mine shows up. Whenever that is...

Still waiting on a tracking update on Bee. Hoping it’ll be here New Years Eve, otherwise it’ll show up much later given the holiday.

16. Eman27

Eman27 New Member

Instagram:
    pre-ordered on BBTS before going through this thread, now im a bit scared to get it.
    seems like i wont be getting my order for a while as ive just recently placed my order.
    hopefully all the waist issues will be resolved by then...

17. BeeWave

My tracking shows Bee has made it to Chicago, expected delivery on Thursday, close.
    Yes, you may need to wait a little longer, and I don't believe much will be different for the waist, however, now you'll bee able to be proactive with any issue you may encounter.

18. Hazard

Hazard Well-Known Member

Mine says delivery Wednesday now but it’s literally two towns over. Unfortunately Canada post won’t let me pick it up.

19. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

So did they just forget to paint these or what? Kind of ridiculous since they did them well on the DOTM Bee but now they're just flat black with weathering. I thought maybe mine was a fluke but I see they're like this on the TFW photoshoot.

20181231_145730.jpg

20. EndWar

EndWar Well-Known Member

I've received the Bumblebee package yesterday, but to my surprise when I opened the package - the main Bumblebee figure was MISSING! Wtf!!! However the accessories (wing, hammer, etc) in the other packing compartment were still in tact. I think the figure might get stolen during transit as I don't think 3A would be so careless to missed-pack the main figure, but who knows..

@decemberist I have a small proposal. Its better to NOT print the details of the figure on the outer carton. The words such as "EXCLUSIVE EDITION" might attract thief, don't you think so? Take a look at Hottoys, they only print figure code/number on the outer carton. This can reduce the potential risk of the package from getting stolen as with that kind of words printed so obviously shows the content has high value. Just my 2 cents tho...

However this has really spoilt my Holiday mood... oh damn :( 
    IMG_20190101_194317.jpg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 7