3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by iOnlyEatEnergon, Jun 20, 2017.

1. FACEBOX

FACEBOX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the links fellas.
    I just got through watching the movie.
    My head hurts.

Anyone know how Megatron came to be after AOE? Is there a comic I should read or something? (similar to the tattoos on DOTM Starscream)

2. xronhide

xronhide Active Member

as far as I remember, in the end of AOE, galvatron are retreating with several decepticons, and said that one day optimus will have to face him again as megatron reborn... that's what I remember... I think I need to watch the movie again...

3. RHALX

RHALX Well-Known Member

These figures are expensive but incredible qualitywise. Still, I much prefer Dark of the Moon Bumbleebee, I'm not a fan of the new mold. It's also interesting to see that for the Last Knight they backtracked a bit on his design. Age of Exctinction Bumblebee had a weak design in my opinion, he looked too much like wasp.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    holy moley those look amazing.

5. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I think this rivals the Prime1 version. I picked up Prime, Bee from DOTM I was stupid and missed out on Megatron & Starscream I'm still not sure. But I'll at LEAST get the 3A-TLK OPTIMUS PRIME here if not both again. Maybe I'll sell my DOTM Bumblebee it's worth like a grand now. Or was anyway

Not to mention that our 3A DOTM Bumblebee is basically the same mold, whete Prime is a completely different figure all together. ;) 
    They are gonna ask for the same deposit most likely, as they have been with their newer 3A Transformers merch preorders.

6. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    You mind not spoiling things for those of us who HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE yet? In my case im going to see it today. Thanks @@(

Oh my god that completely sucks bro. Sorry for your luck with the Comicave. I have both the 3A DOTM Optimus (& Bee). And the Comicave Studios Optimus Prime. As long as you handle it with care, & whenever your articulating a 9lbs. figure then it shouldn't have broke. Ratchets would of broke faster I think since it's super super heavy. But rest assured 3APrime was built with STRONG ratchets because he's just strong plastic. Also you shoulda been able to get a replacement where did u buy the Comicave version?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  7. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    You're in for a wild ride.
    I liked the little fella and am glad I ordered Squeeks. He has his key moments.

• Like Like x 2
  8. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Thanks bro! I absolutely cannot wait!

Only problem, I REALLY wanted to go IMAX this time. But living in this stupid state, we don't even have IMAX. It's 2.5 hours from here in another state. Not to mention we only have 1 TRU 2 hrs.away, with ZERO Targets in the whole state. To top that off the theater I'm going to has about 93% broken seats with no lumbar support so I have to go really early to find that one seat I can sit in comfortably. TBF, I fell off 3 stories in 2001 backwards on to my head and my spine popped out my.skin broken for years & that was 7 years affter i broke it the 1sr time on a handrail skateboarding. So, in turn I'm forever fucked lol. Or else I would put up with it...

Still though, I'm determined to make it work lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm really excited for Optimus now. I'm glad they've made improvements since the DOTM one. If Megatron can be as amazing, it'll be a solid centerpiece of the two leaders! Now I need to find space for them...

10. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I got a question maybe someone can answer. I have the DOTM Bee, and although the arms are COMPLETELY different does anyone know if the DOTM cannon can attach to TLK Bumblebee? Because I really like rhe new Bee much better but I'm not getting the exclusive. So I thought maybe that would work for pics & stuff.

Galvatron says nothing about Megatron, he says these words exactly I'm 95% sure! "We shall meet again Prime, for... I ... am reBORN!"

• Like Like x 1
  11. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    TLK spoiler
    It's implied Quintessa gave him a new body. They should've showed it, but I thought it was pretty clear what happened. How they met though, is another story. That, idk

• Like Like x 2
  12. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    dCon, I'm not sure we will find that out until the new figure is released.
    I'm also sorry to hear about the issues with your back and the composition of your State. Other than moving, I'm not sure there's much else you can do.

As for the mystery of Galvatron and Megatron, there's a small plot hole in my opinion. Especially as it relates to the "how?". I'm just glad that the weird Decepticon transformation of AOE is nomore.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Tyrese Gibbs supposed to be in this movie? I thought I even saw him in one of the trailers.
    Oh well.

I'm hoping that 3A's "Wave 2" consists of Megatron and Barricade.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jack Darby

Jack Darby Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I get these I'm so ordering the Bambaland.com exclusives. These look too amazing to pass up. I just hope the pre-orders don't sell out too soon. I may have to wait until next pay day to order them. Does anyone know if these are die cast or plastic?

14. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Yea he actually was supposed to be in it but it went against him being in a different country, to quote Tyrese he said "he's pissed!" that he couldnt make it. He wanted to and thr plan was to bring him and Josh back for the fans. But I'm IN the movie theater so I'll hyu after :lol 

15. xronhide

xronhide Active Member

not diecast, you can read the materials in the description
    Materials:
ABS, PVC, POM

for the size & mechanism of the figure, I'm glad it's not diecast, the comicave one last time use diecast, and it's only 38cm tall, and I heard many collectors said broken joints because the body are too heavy.

16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody know how long the order window is? I'm toying with getting Prime. I'm not sure, but I know I'd like the Bambaland exclusive head so if I do it, I have to do it. Grrr. (still mad I got the retail version of Starscream without the saw).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sephiroth169

Sephiroth169 Well-Known Member

Did other Collectors also report that?

As i wrote above ^ my ComiCave Optimus Hip Joints Broke, because they used STUPID Ball Joints that could not carry the Weight of the Legs.

In the posted 3A Video on Page 3, where they show Optimus Prime, i could see, that they use the same Leg Joint for Optimus from
    the Dark of the Moon Version; the Hip Joint that can be pulled out to the sides.

So i really really hope that 3A knows what they are doing, and that ComiCaves Error
    will not be repeated.

Because the Legs are ALWAYS the heaviest Part on the Entire Body, if these Joints
    are weak (No matter if Ball Joint or another choosen Joint) they WILL Break.

After all, it is called ACTION FIGURE NOT STATUE.
    Figures of that Size are MEANT to be moved.

As for my Person, will never buy any Figures from ComiCave again!
    People said they have "Quality Control"....Yeah right, you can see that
    so called "Quality Control" here in the Pictures below.

Iam praying that 3A can do a better Job with their Optimus, and that the Legs
    can be moved without having the Fear to break them.

Optimus 2.JPG Optimus 5.JPG Optimus 6.JPG

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  18. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Huh. Mines not broken & I got mine 1st before anyone, but then again it's friggin a heavy ass diecast toy so I know to take care of it.. If you leave it lying around out on display where things like kids, friends and animals can get ahold of it then it's pretty much a given.

Nicely spoil tagged comment! Much appreciated bro. I went and saw it last night though (AFTER I posted yesterday's I & comments lol) so I understand now ;) 

19. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    You stated it like it's a fact, man. You said THEY WILL BREAK like it's inevitable. But not if you know how to handle the figure properly. These are NOT action figures for kids play they are to treated like adult collectibles and handled with care. They even tell you this so you.dont break your toy. And there were limits on the Comicave version on how much torque you can you can put on the the joint's, and which joints, & where you need to hold the figure properly each time in order to move each joint. They also warn you about breaking the Hip Joints and the lower abdomen.

Same thing with 3A's, the warnings ect but 3A Optimus is kinda build tough. But still always read any warnings heed their warning. It doesn't help thar Comicave didn't have instruction booklet with it it was all online. And in the email

20. Sephiroth169

Sephiroth169 Well-Known Member

I know about the warnings, that this no Toy for Kids and that is what me makes so angry, the Leg Broke after Moving it a few times already!

A Figure with THAT Price tag of 400$ should be able to withstand such Moves.

It is just not correct to sell a Figure, write "ACTION FIGURE" on it, and when you try to put it into another Pose that you want on the shelf, then the Figure breakes and loses Parts.

There is a warning in the Instructions, that SMALLER PARTS could break when the Figure is not handled with Care.
    They say nothing about: "Warning, Legs could break completely when the Figure is put into another Pose"

I hope 3A will do better, many People said that the Quality of TF3 Optimus Prime is very awesome and durable.

• Like Like x 1