3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by iOnlyEatEnergon, Jun 20, 2017.

1. FACEBOX

FACEBOX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the update decemberist.:confused: 

Someone please wake me up when Prime arrives.
    *goes into Cryo-sleep*

2. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

3-4 months in 3A time is actually 5-7 months. Looks like we should be thinking of 2019 arrival times. And where is Bee in all this?

3. decemberist

decemberist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Dude. These sort of exaggerations are not helping.

Bee final sample is awaiting approval from the licensors. Soon as they approve, we will have more news. Approvals can take some time as they have to go through many channels before being green lit.

First batch of Prime's are being packed up currently. Once I'm able to share more details, I will post up the info on the blog/social media.

3A_TLK_PRIME_Shipping.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bob 121

3-4 months as translated by CKlam would put it to November-December at this point. But that's being generous because it's taking a 3A statement at face value. If I'm the one exaggerating, why is it that 3A simply cannot make their own deadlines? Go on any 3A fanbase site or forum or the FB group and there's always reoccuring complaints about the current focus and delays delays delays. Of course, saying that in the official 3A forums is a bannable offense.

Also, per the Aug 1 shipping news, Bee is supposed to be shipping within 2 days from now, if the statement was to be taken as anything other than misinformation.

Also, here's from 3As listing of Optimus and Bee:
    Sqweeks was listed as Q4 2017, I got my shipping notice in April 2018.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  5. decemberist

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Delays happen. Same with every company that works with a factory, look at all the 3rd party threads on here or at sideshow or whatever. The more complicated the figure, the more likely a delay will occur. The greater majority of releases are shipped on time.

Again, you're being dramatic about the forum. A handful of people have been banned in the past for being dicks to staff, repeated trolling including harassment of other forum members and the occasional threats of violence, a BST scammer, etc. Nobody's ever been banned for simply complaining about delays or having a moan about whatever direction things are taking.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bob 121

So if the delays are common enough that they can just be shrugged off, why even have a quarterly estimate on shipping times? Why have these shipping notifications that say something will be shipped in a month while the product is still yet to be approved by the licensors? I can't think of a single 3A figure I've ordered in 5 years that ever got released in the estimated quarter, even the 3AA membership missed its ETA. We could easily hit 1 year over the estimated time for these two, and the only reason I can think to keep baiting people with these fake "Preorder to get QX shipping" would be to get as many sales up front.

I'll have to take your word for the forums because I can easily see people getting frustrated enough with the poor handling 3A has that they would become rabid, however there are multiple people who post screenshots of getting blocked by Ash and 3A on Instagram for basic questions about delays and long wait times. That's all out there for anyone to see who joins in the 3A legion FB group.

7. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me just say that we're lucky enough to have a representative who happily comes in here and updates as best as he's able (thank you). Could we try not to attck him to much? He wouldn't be the first rep who stopped gracing the forums. I for one would much rather have Decemberist continue to check in with us periodically. (not that anything has neccesarily been said at this point that would drive him out).

Off the soapbox. Thanks again for the updates.

• Like Like x 4
  8. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    :popcorn 
    While the past few posts have been ...... entertaining, admittedly 3A isn't known for their timeliness.
    However, I do appreciate the updates.

To inquire further, can you share if the batches are being released in any kind of order?
    For example retail or exclusives first, date of order placed, region, payment type, etc?

Other than wanting my figure to arrive asap (obvioulsy), I was hoping that reviewers would be able to share their perspectives as well. :scalper 

It's good news that so many orders have been placed. I'm happy for everyone over at 3A. :buttrock 

• Like Like x 2
  9. decemberist

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The estimates are estimates provided by the factory at the time of preorder. We are required to provide a shipping estimate. These estimates are updated on the blog/social media/etc as often as we receive new estimates from the engineers and factory until the actual shipping process begins. A simple printing error with a box could delay things 3-4weeks.

See the part again about being people being blocked or had comments deleted because they were acting like dicks. People on the FB group make threads about different ways to harass staff and brag about it while using their own names and posting screenshots of themselves doing it. Or they put it on a t shirt and take photos of themselves at convention booths. Or they repeatedly private message pictures of the figures standing in dog shit or cat shit. So of course staff are going to see that and not want to deal with those people.

Also any creator has every right to block or ignore as they see fit on their own personal social media. In regards to Ash, he's only the creative side. He designs, he art directs, and he curates his toy lines. He's not in the factory or in Hong Kong or in charge of production, that's all HK/threezero side. If you have serious complaints, email Customer Service because it goes direct to HK office staff.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    According to our latest info, prime is estimated to release in Sep 2018. The link for remaining payment will be sent by email around 2 weeks before estimated shipment. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Please note that the shipping schedule is subject to change without prior notice. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your patience. For more shipping information, please visit Shipping Schedule – ThreeZero Online Store

Best Regards,
    ThreeA CS

Straight from bambaland

• Like Like x 2
  11. Bob 121

I also appreciate updates. I'm sure it wasn't clear, but hopefully people know there's no intent to harm or be an outright asshole. I just don't feel like it's an exaggeration to disregard these ETAs considering you can go back pages in this very thread and see there's been some sort of full blown discussion on how June was the release date, then July, then August. And yet here we are, with August coming to and end and September is now the next release date for Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CKlam

CKlam Member

I have a question guys: I missed a pre-order of Bambaland Edition anyway. Should i pre-order now for a standard version at somewhere (like BBTS, Sideshow ...) ? With BBTS, they charge "84$ non-refundable down payment", 84$ isn't a problem, but BBTS release a product too late and i dont want to wait "more" time after everybody get it :D  So, what is a good place to pre-order in this case :D 

i worry If i do not pre-order now, then the official opening day it already out of stock ? Can it open sale again ? :D  i saw Bumblebee is sold out pre-order right now at BBTS

13. Bob 121

Bambaland won't have them back in. Your best bet is probably something like BBTS, or if you're extremely lucky, someone who doesn't want it anymore will put their Bambaland version up on eBay. It will for sure go for much higher than a retail version however.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sephiroth169

Sephiroth169 Well-Known Member

At least finally something is happening.

As i said in the UT Thread, i do not have a Problem with the Delay itself.
    But i have a Problem with Release Dates that are calculated horribly wrong.

The Solution for this seems to be simple:
    If you have an estimated Release Date, for example January 2018
    - Just ADD a few Months to that Release Date.

If a Company ALREADY KNOWS, that there will be some complications (And there are always Problems in Production or approval)
    just add 3-6 Months to the Original Release Date - Problem finished.

For Megatron as an easy example:

If 3A "estimates" an Release for lets say June 2019 (They "believe" that he will be finished in June 2019)
    > Just add a few Months (Maybe 3 Month) to that.

If he will be released before September 2019 - okay, but not much of a Problem if there is a Delay.

Companies should just learn to "adjust" the estimated Release Dates to avoid frustration and complains.

But i am happy that 3A Prime is finally in Assembly Stage and that the Production is Running.
    I wish i could say the same about Unique Toys Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  15. decemberist

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Bob 121

Amen to that.

Looks great from what I saw by bouncing around the video, but I don't want to be entirely spoiled so I'm not going to watch the whole thing until I have him in hand. It's such a long video it may as well be a full review.

Anyway, bring on Bumblebee movie figures!

17. FACEBOX

News Credits:
    Thank you.

18. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I already have mine paid for at Chosen Prime. Cannot wait. But I have to. Oh well.

19. DavidPrime

DavidPrime Well-Known Member

TLK Optimus Prime unboxing video courtesy of ToysTV 玩具TV

We apologize for the shipping delays as we want to provide the best possible quality figure. We will begin the shipping process in September. However, due to the large quantity of orders and the incredibly complex task of production which involves putting together more than 600 individual parts and thousands of painting procedures for each figure, it will take an extended period of time to complete all orders. We will be shipping out in batches over the next few months to accomplish this and will have more details regarding these shipment batches soon.

We appreciate all your patience for the best Optimus Prime action figure!

#3A #ThreeA #Transformers #OptimusPrime #WO3A

(Directly from the 3A FB page today).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Liege maximo

Liege maximo Well-Known Member

Finally, it is coming! I do not mind about delays. I have the Prime 1 Ultimate OP, and, when I see the video, the 3A Optimus beats the statue. Yesm the statue is biggerm butm for instancem the shield is more detailed and the neck too. This is due to the head change for the statue. Here, you can see the neck articulation.
    3A: bring all the figures we have in Bumblebee movie! I am sure Prime1 willm but your 'toys' could be better in a matter of space, details, posability and accuracy.

(and you should get the Saint Seiya episode G Assassin licence when I see what you're able to :p )