3A Generation One Figures Announced and Optimus Prime Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    I know what you mean! those figs have true style...:cool: 
    Ah yes...decisions, decisions...

• Like Like x 1
  2. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    And this year (+ last) ...even more decisions. :D  (you know because if it's not one toy or line, it's another. And another. And another. And another. And rhen a slew of 3rd party releases. Then marvel then Voltron, then imports, Star Wars, MOTU ect ect ect.... and ect. Lol

Don't forget about another lmao :p 

• Like Like x 1
  3. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    Oh yes, I know the (wallet) pain, believe me...:D 
    And imagine my situation, being as how I don't like to choose...(I want them all!!!):thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    More G1 stuff is sold than movie verse I imagine, so it was only a matter of time for 3A
    :redface2: 

5. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is AWESOME .... pre-ordered no matter the cost :D 

6. grimlock78

grimlock78 Well-Known Member

He is just above my price range....but I think Ill go on Sideshow.com and do a two month payment for him. I was on the fence but the design is so unique I like it.  And would lookdifferent enough next to myMPs

7. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    OMG I'm the same way! Its a bad way to be if your having money issues bc even through my money issues late last year I STILL was buying 3A Transformers and even. That blasted Comicave Studios Optimus Prime (where's Bumblebee Comicave?) the Shin 2016 Resurgence Godzilla ShMonsterarts, and the SOC VOLTRON so I'm not very smart some would say but then again I HAVE all my toys from the last 21 years so ...and akso I kinda got thus way bc Transformers and toys in general were NOT this expensive before the decade turned, it was how I lived. My gf always hated it but it wasn't as costly as today. This year im.not sure if u wanna go all out like last year or not :p 

8. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    Yep! absolutely...I know the feeling quite well ;-)
    (...and imagine when one is a relatively 'latecomer', and needs to pay re-sale prices for some of those toys...insane...totally insane). And at that, prices in Europe for any TF can easily double prices in Asia or US (doubly insane!).
    So yes, with my *don't want to choose* tendencies, I just try to use some 'purchase strategy' to spread costs (e.g., how urgent? LE vs normal editions?, number of stores carrying the figs), but apart from that, my policy is that if the fig is a must-have of my collection, then I will *always* purchase now (from retail) rather than wait till later (and regret it).

But hey! as costly as sometimes this can be, if we're happy with our purchases and our hobby, then it's money well spent...I say! :-D

9. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I agree that it's monet well spent. I keep my packaging to minimize dust build up and safe way to store them, rhe problem is I been doing this a long time so I filled up all my storage units to the max wity boxes of packaged toys. So hopefully I can find a convention one of these days and unload more then half of them. The good thing is we own them and can always get back our money vrs someone that spends their money on music or drugs/alcohol partying. Because that money is gone once spent.

I gotta be honest though I'm really sick of everything in my way lol (no room, even with my condo)

• Like Like x 1
  10. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    Precisely. Excellent argument :cool: 
    (I admit I tell that to myself quite often...)

I cannot agree more. I do keep the fig boxes, as well as the shipping boxes (if the latter are in good condition, as they are also excellent when shipping stuff I sell), but with time the amount of boxes is starting to become simply overwhelming. I wish I could just subspace them... and voila!! :D 
    So yes, from time to time I try to go down to my basement and consolidate boxes, for sanity's sake...:rolleyes:  Although more drastic and definite measures will be needed in the near future. Oh well! I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Hahaha :lol  "subspace them" make that and it's million dollar invention! ;)  Speaking of 'crossing that bridge when I come to it' I may have to move the end of April. I'm like "Are you fucking kidding me?" "Why did I give you 3000 in back pay to get caught up plus pay all my rent of you were gonna sell the place!?" Freaking scum-lords. Can't stand em!

12. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    Pff! What a landlord...:redface2:  I'd not be a happy camper in that situation either, I'd also probably be in panic mode (considering that I'm the type of person who would take ages to pack, in order to make sure everything was packed to absolute perfection...)

Keep calm and carry on man!:thumb 

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  13. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Peaugh Review!

• Like Like x 2
  14. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  15. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Everytime I look at this guy I get a headache. I can't unsee it as if someone decreased the width in the design phase by 20% and didn't bother to also decrease the height. So weird.

16. decemberist

decemberist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:

Another look at the pre-production sample from Vangelus

17. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    you ain't kidding I take a LONG time to.pack because I have 16 years worth of collecting figures to pack, plus furniture, dishes, clothes, beds ect ect but mostly toys. I have over 278 large uhual boxes FULL of toys! I'm fighting it I'm pissed and I'm freaking considering it's a special day on may 1st. But yea thanks for the concern wish me luck lol

18. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

After looking at the video reviews, I decided to preorder this guy. It helped that I was able to get him with 25% off because of reward points.

Anyway, I know people ask why would someone get this instead of MP-10. My answer to that is that you don't. For most transformers collectors, MP-10 is the better choice. But, if you already have MP-10 this is a unique rendition of the character and the paintjob is going to make it a very striking figure. I have the Hot toys Prime, which I initially didn't care for. After getting it on sale and displaying it, I noticed that it stands out and gets more positive attention than just about any collectible I have. I think this figure will do the same.

19. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    • Like Like x 4
  20. TwitchingFool0

TwitchingFool0 Well-Known Member

He looks great but for some reason to me, his head looks off. Probably just me though.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.