3A DLX Optimus Prime-Bumblebee Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by OriginalFire, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Grimlock212

Grimlock212 Well-Known Member

@langames have you see the ThreeZero Prime in-person? I mean it is absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous. Above that, the engineering, paint, and build quality are better than any other Transformer product I know of. Perhaps some of those $1K+ statues have better paint, but no poseable figures paint look this good. I’m a Fanstoys collector, and ThreeZero paint is much better than FT. It’s better than Hot Toys too. And this is coming from a guy with over 100 Hot Toys figures. Hot Toys does do better human figures than ThreeZero, but ThreeZero just nails these Transformers!

Get one in your hands, and then tell me you don’t like it. I think it pretty much impossible to handle this figure, look at it up close with the fit and finish, the crazy articulation engineering, and then complain about it. These are A+++ figures. Until they do something to change my mind, I’m buying everything in the DLX series, period.

Once you get it, let us know if it lives up to the hype I give it! I think you’ll be very pleased. I do recommend you wipe it down with a microfiber towel when you get it though, they send it with a ton of lube/oil on it.

Also if you do plan on swapping heads, keep in mind that ThreeZero weathers these figures. So you may have to dry brush or some similar painting technique to match the factory weathered look. I’m definitely not skilled enough to mimic it accurately.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2022
  2. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for letting me know about the lubricant. Had another figure that had it inside em and while transforming it I got some on my hands and was confused af.
    Toyworld’s is also weathered so I think it should look fine enough, but I can only accurately judge when it’s in hand. While I didn’t like the figure, TW did paint it amazingly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. langames

langames Banned

though I have to agree,I am falling back on the DLX line,I hope they make DLX Shattered glass blitzwing

4. Grimlock212

I hope we get the Arcee they showed briefly in a prototype form or other characters. I’d buy the Blitzwing too, but I’d love more characters!

5. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Well I got him in hand and he is amazing!! The articulation and way things move around is just stunning!

One thing that soured the experience though is that I’ve had 2 parts pop of already, one of which was on the abdomen. It’s sorta starting to take the fun of messing with him out of it since now I have no idea where the hell I can grab him to move anything without popping or breaking something off on accident.

6. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    I hope a 2007 DLX Bumblebee!.

7. VVa

VVa If you don't Booyah back I want you dead.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I knew you'd come around. ;) 

And yeah the unfortunate, yet fortunate thing is the pop off pieces. But honestly I'd rather things POP off than SNAP off.
    Bright side is you CAN make him sexy like in that official art piece.
    00566255-713D-4268-9B81-D17A37805B13.jpeg 02FAB9B8-E58C-4252-86F5-4440E9905C30.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Grimlock212

Pop off pieces are great as it means you won’t break things. Or are you saying you actually broke something? I own every DLX figure at this point, including the regular Prime, Shattered Glass Prime, Nemesis Prime…and I’ve gone nuts posing all three regularly with zero signs of anything breaking. They are honestly some very sturdy figures! Now if we are talking about their Premium scale figures, then I become far more hesitant posing them as they feel like there is a much higher chance of breaking things (and they cost way more).

9. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Pretty sure 1 piece definitely snapped. The shoulder piece with the autobot symbol on it is apparently a very bad place to place any pressure on. Granted the second tab holds it in, but the tab on the bottom is definitely uh…. Not intact. The second piece idk, tabs aren’t broken, but it’s the red ab piece. It’s started falling of a bit more often than I’d like.

10. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    ThreeZero figures has his own guarantee card in the box. You can register your figure and talk with the customer service. Now I don't remember how many years they give you of guarantee, but they're pretty confident with the sturdiness of their figures and If I remember well, I think they give a couple of years.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Grimlock212

I don’t have mine in front of me at the moment, but the red shoulder piece clips-on from what I remember. I believe it’s made to easily pop off to prevent breakage. If I am thinking of the correct piece you are referring to.

• Like Like x 1
  12. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Idk but one of the tabs are definitely broken, so it doesn’t seem made to pop off easily since it’s held by 2 tabs, one of which looks to be pretty thin.

13. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    pics?

14. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Not at home atm but once I get back definitely will get em. Both of the pieces I’m talking about and proper pics of the beautiful figure.

15. langames

langames Banned

Yeah, some pics please,and may I ask a qn?
    is it known as 3A or Threezero for this optimus prime

16. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is the second piece on his back? Large-ish, with one either side just above the hips? Mine did that so I glued it. - EDIT - read your post again. You mean here? Same situation, you could likely glue that.

20220209_015107.jpg

The panels with the Autobot symbols on, fairly confident you could glue them on as well if needs be. They don't interfere with any movement.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Grimlock212

ThreeZero for the DLX figures.

18. Grimlock212

I checked mine and it’s the side shoulder pieces with the exhaust that clips on and off. So I’m guessing you’ll have to glue the piece that fell off yours. It happens, even with the high end companies like Hot Toys or ThreeZero.

19. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Parts in question. Just had me annoyed that within a day have to deal with a broken tab and a piece falling off easily. Especially with how hyped up he was in his solidity, I shouldn’t have to be adding glue to a $200+ figure. It doesn’t help the instructions basically only warn you of where joints collide and tell you nothing about what parts are fragile or could break.

06A6E602-8B3F-423F-AF84-A004630F12D6.jpeg
    A6B0A775-1132-4161-934C-28FE7070B3AC.jpeg
    A51D8EC4-8517-4555-A8C6-9CAEF0FF3E30.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    the second one doesn't look like an issue. it's just their factory glue not being applied properly/enough, my soundwave had it on one of his crotch panels. drip enough glue in the holes for it to bond to the pegs and hold it on for 5 minutes and it should be ok unless you manipulate the part to death.

the first one's an actual break but without knowing how you applied the pressure hard to say what happened. being a non moving part anyway you can glue that too, just don't push or pull on the panel.

• Like Like x 2